New molds? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2016, 04:16 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
So if the floor is raised does that mean the default table supports also change? If not the table will be higher than before.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:18 PM   #42

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
Hello everyone

The raised floor in the 21' and 5.0 TA were last minute changes. As we were focused on the 17' and 19' mold changes first, and they already had the raised floor.

A few years ago when we built the 21' and 5.0TA molds with the flat floor, it made sense. Unfortunately there were unforeseen production complications with this change that we have been dealing with for a couple of years now. This, along with the fact that we have had numerous complaints that the dinette seats are too high.

Just for clarity, it is only the seat area that the floor is being raised.

I apologize for this last minute change. The office will work with any customer who would like to cancel their 2017 order due to this change.

Regards,

Reace
Actually as a person of shorter stature (5' 7.5") and my wife, who is shorter, the raised seating area should make it more comfortable. But as a consummate klutz I will have to watch my step getting into and out of the dinette area.

All in all I still think that the new design is good looking and am feverishly working on my build sheet. Time can't seem to move fast enough, while at the same time I wish it would slow down.

Peace and safe journeys,
Steven M
Steven M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
So if the floor is raised does that mean the default table supports also change? If not the table will be higher than before.
I am not certain, maybe someone could measure, but I would bet the table was at a normal height before, just the seat raised, resulting it the table seeming low. The only way this would not be the case, is if the table legs were longer than normal, and I don't know if that is even available. Now with the floor being elevated, the table will raise to a proper height above the seats.

Standard table and corresponding seat heights are;
Table 30" - 18" chair
Counter 36" - 24" stool
Raised bar 42" - 30" stool
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:24 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Actually as a person of shorter stature (5' 7.5") and my wife, who is shorter, the raised seating area should make it more comfortable. But as a consummate klutz I will have to watch my step getting into and out of the dinette area.
Steven, the issue most shorter people have with the higher seats, is that their legs dangle, as their feet to not reach the floor. For extended periods this can cause discomfort in the legs. The only way to combat this is to sit at the front edge of the seat.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #45

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Steven, the issue most shorter people have with the higher seats, is that their legs dangle, as their feet to not reach the floor. For extended periods this can cause discomfort in the legs. The only way to combat this is to sit at the front edge of the seat.
Jim, Pretty much what I was implying for myself and others. I simply have a higher quotient for stumbling around then most.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
(I can't find a emojie that signifies my cheerleader or cult status.....)
I'll loan you mine
Attached Images

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Jim, Pretty much what I was implying for myself and others. I simply have a higher quotient for stumbling around then most.
Ah, gotcha! I misread things. Better to stumble into a soft seat, than out by the campfire though.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:10 PM   #48

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Once again Reace, Tammy and ETI step up and do the right thing for customers.

(I can't find a emojie that signifies my cheerleader or cult status.....)
Here's another option. Name:  image.gif
Views: 229
Size:  4.5 KB
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:39 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
Here's another option. Attachment 16135
I think you just nailed it with Eric wearing his favourite coloured dress.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:55 PM   #50

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
I think you just nailed it with Eric wearing his favourite coloured dress.
Hey, how did you know that?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #51

Trailer: 17
Another one here with Donna
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:57 PM   #52

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
Not rethink the trailer, because we loved that. Just rethink how I will setup my work station.
Ros
Atta girl...now that's a positive can-do attitude! Love it...
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:42 PM   #53

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Short legs

Quote:
I have short legs and setting on bar stools used to be uncomfortable till I learned if I drink fast enough my body goes numb at the same time as my legs. Then when I catch myself falling off the stool,(hopefully), I stagger to a booth and take a little nappy.
It's a lot less embarrassing than hitting the floor with a glass rattling thud.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #54

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
The freshwater tank has always been under the floor in the part of the trailer which has a stepped-up section of frame, so it seems unlikely the raising the floor there would be related to change in tank location. On the other hand, I recall a mention of larger tank sizes, and I suppose the raised section might be related to fitting a taller (and thus larger-capacity) freshwater tank. On the other hand, the wider frame rail spacing (due to the body not tapering inward toward the bottom any more) adds more space for tanks anyway.

The 19' is a special case: the dinette is in the front, and the front of the Escape floor has never been stepped up. My guess is that this talk about "all" dinettes have a raised floor is really only about all rear dinettes (and the floor under the bed in a normal 19').

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
again correct me if wrong but the 2016 Escape 21 frame did not have raised rear frame as floor was flat in dinette area in the rear of 21.
The original Escape design was the 17'. Like the Trillums and Surfsides from which it was derived, the frame stepped up at the rear (providing better bumper-to-ground clearance with a low main floor), and the floor follows the frame. The step is 3 inches because the step in the frame is formed by welding a 1.5"x3" box tube for the rear part of the frame rail on top of the front part of the frame rail - 3" is simply the height of the rear frame rail.

I was surprised when the 21' appeared without a step up in the (rear) dinette floor, because the frame of that model - and all Escape models ever built as far as I know - continues to have the stepped-up frame. It turns out that the moulded floor sits on top of the frame for the portion of the trailer forward of the step, and is set down between the frame rails in the back - you can see this if you open a 21' or 5.0TA dinette seat, and see that the floor under the seat is higher than in the foot room between the seats.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:08 AM   #55

Trailer: pondering.....
thanks Brian for the info..I learn something new everyday and that's always a good thing!
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote