Old 04-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #51
Trailer: 17B 2017
Another one here with Donna

gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:57 PM   #52
Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
Not rethink the trailer, because we loved that. Just rethink how I will setup my work station.
Atta that's a positive can-do attitude! Love it...

Karen Hulford
2013 Escape 15A (April), "Egbert"
Ford 150 XLT 5.8L
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:42 PM   #53
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Short legs

Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Steven, the issue most shorter people have with the higher seats, is that their legs dangle, as their feet to not reach the floor. For extended periods this can cause discomfort in the legs. The only way to combat this is to sit at the front edge of the seat.
I have short legs and setting on bar stools used to be uncomfortable till I learned if I drink fast enough my body goes numb at the same time as my legs. Then when I catch myself falling off the stool,(hopefully), I stagger to a booth and take a little nappy.
It's a lot less embarrassing than hitting the floor with a glass rattling thud.
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #54
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
The freshwater tank has always been under the floor in the part of the trailer which has a stepped-up section of frame, so it seems unlikely the raising the floor there would be related to change in tank location. On the other hand, I recall a mention of larger tank sizes, and I suppose the raised section might be related to fitting a taller (and thus larger-capacity) freshwater tank. On the other hand, the wider frame rail spacing (due to the body not tapering inward toward the bottom any more) adds more space for tanks anyway.

The 19' is a special case: the dinette is in the front, and the front of the Escape floor has never been stepped up. My guess is that this talk about "all" dinettes have a raised floor is really only about all rear dinettes (and the floor under the bed in a normal 19').

Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
again correct me if wrong but the 2016 Escape 21 frame did not have raised rear frame as floor was flat in dinette area in the rear of 21.
The original Escape design was the 17'. Like the Trillums and Surfsides from which it was derived, the frame stepped up at the rear (providing better bumper-to-ground clearance with a low main floor), and the floor follows the frame. The step is 3 inches because the step in the frame is formed by welding a 1.5"x3" box tube for the rear part of the frame rail on top of the front part of the frame rail - 3" is simply the height of the rear frame rail.

I was surprised when the 21' appeared without a step up in the (rear) dinette floor, because the frame of that model - and all Escape models ever built as far as I know - continues to have the stepped-up frame. It turns out that the moulded floor sits on top of the frame for the portion of the trailer forward of the step, and is set down between the frame rails in the back - you can see this if you open a 21' or 5.0TA dinette seat, and see that the floor under the seat is higher than in the foot room between the seats.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:08 AM   #55
Trailer: Perhaps in 2017
thanks Brian for the info..I learn something new everyday and that's always a good thing!

freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote