New molds? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
New molds?

When I met with Reace last weekend, and actually toured the 21ft, he mentioned that with the "new" molds all of the trailers will have the raised floor at the dinettes.
Has anyone else heard that?
And does anyone know when these "new" molds go into production?
I was hoping for a 21 with the current level floor for work related modifications.
Thanks,
Ros
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:00 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Did Reace mention if the 21' mold is finished yet?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:16 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
...he mentioned that with the "new" molds all of the trailers will have the raised floor at the dinettes. Has anyone else heard that?
I believe I read that somewhere but I'll be hanged if I can find it now.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #4

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Did you ask if it was an option to get the trailer without the dinette floor raised? They might be willing to do so upon request.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Did Reace mention if the 21' mold is finished yet?
No. Just mentioned that all the molds would have that raised floor.
I toured through the current 21 trailer with the flat floor.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Did you ask if it was an option to get the trailer without the dinette floor raised? They might be willing to do so upon request.
Not an option. I wanted the flat floor because I was going to modify and have a work table with a rolling stool on the floor between the dinette benches.
A raised floor is dangerous because I know me, and when I am zoned in working I will totally forget and roll back and off the lip.

Not a pretty sight.
Ros
Old 04-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #7

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
That would be nice. I'm not very happy to hear that there will be a raised floor. It was originally stated the inside would not change and I find this to be a very major (to me) change. If all the floors are getting raised, does that mean tanks or whatever are going to be moved around to justify this?

I'm tall; I don't need the raised floor to look out the windows. I'm clumsy; I can just feel my toes banging into the raised area when I use the dinette. Or putting a foot wrong when I get down and twisting my ankle. (Hey, level ground will do that to me as well.)

Oh joy.

It would be really nice if stuff like this was known from the get-go.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:54 AM   #8

I think that the raised floor is due to a change in tank location, not vice versa, but don't quote me. I have a raised floor and I've never stubbed my toe or fallen off of it. I can't think that one could get a rolling stool back in there unless one had no table or a very, very small table and even then, where would one go? There's just not that much floor space under the dinettes, even with a u-shaped dinette. I don't know why one would be standing up in the dinette section either.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 04-26-2016, 10:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
That would be nice. I'm not very happy to hear that there will be a raised floor. It was originally stated the inside would not change and I find this to be a very major (to me) change. If all the floors are getting raised, does that mean tanks or whatever are going to be moved around to justify this?

I'm tall; I don't need the raised floor to look out the windows. I'm clumsy; I can just feel my toes banging into the raised area when I use the dinette. Or putting a foot wrong when I get down and twisting my ankle. (Hey, level ground will do that to me as well.)

Oh joy.

It would be really nice if stuff like this was known from the get-go.
As slowly more gets revealed, the happier I am with the "classic" version. You can choose as well. It would be nice If ETI would be willing to extend this offer to all 2017 customers who ordered unseen.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #10

Quote:
It would be nice If ETI would be willing to extend this offer to all 2017 customers who ordered unseen.
But everyone knew that a new mold was coming with inherent changes and I really do think the raised floor issue was a known change. Otherwise, how would I know about it?
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 04-26-2016, 11:09 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
But everyone knew that a new mold was coming with inherent changes and I really do think the raised floor issue was a known change. Otherwise, how would I know about it?
I have been voraciously reading just about every thread since about August 2015... and it is news to me if dinettes in 2017 must (will, by default) have a raised floor.

I myself am not bothered....... some people may be.....

but I would strongly disagree that " the raised floor issue was a known change"

Can you link to any post by Reace or Tammy that states that the dinette floor will be raised in 2017 models? Or the 21' 2017?

I could be wrong.... just curious.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #12

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
We ordered before all the details of the new 21 were known just because I have come to trust Reace's judgement and was willing to go in with some things still unknown. Otherwise I would have held off until everything was revealed as 2017 dates are still very much available. We are very happy with the new features, but that is not the case for everyone.

Perhaps folks who are unhappy they preordered a 2017 model and would prefer a 2016 one can ask to be put on a cancellation list for 2016. There always seems to be some cancellations from folks who have unforeseen events. There may also be some willing to give up their 2016 date so they can get the new model.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Can you link to any post by Reace or Tammy that states that the dinette floor will be raised in 2017 models? Or the 21' 2017?
No, I couldn't find it but as I said, if I knew about it must be somewhere. And now I'll quit while I'm ahead.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 04-26-2016, 11:27 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Raised floor on all new 2017 models is new news to me too! I'm only 5'3"...so it shouldn't be a huge deal.
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #15

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
You're down for a 2016 delivery date according to your info. Thought 2016'ers had the option of sticking with the current mold or going with the 2017 version.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #16

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Um, no Karen, this was not disclosed earlier by ETI (as far as I know). If so, it was buried in a thread that didn't have any relationship to the title (such as New Molds). I've been reading each and every thread that relates to the new molds (least by title), until it veers off into discussions about poultine, beer and other non-related comments. Then I stop reading as it's rather pointless since it no longer pertains to the subject listed.

The forum was told about the flatter sides, frameless windows, molded medicine cabinet, new door, changed faucet and sink and electric awning, plus a few other things. Some of that information has been released by ETI, while others by those that just happened to find out about it, such as this newest revelation.

Here's a quote from Reace on March 16th, from the "March 24 Unveil" thread:

"The basic principle behind the reveal...then the April 1 order date is we want to ensure customers know what they are ordering on April 1. This is important as the current model will no longer be produced once all the existing 2016 orders are completed."

This has not happened. Those that ordered, and those that switched their orders to the new style, are slowly learning what all their new trailer will have in terms of changes.

From the "2017 19' Standard Features and Options" thread, posted on March 23rd:

"Some of the new changes for the 2017 19'...

Standard Rear Upper Brake/Signal Lights.
Flat door with integrated screen door.
Optional Double Pane Frameless windows
Larger Exterior Hatch (10x24 rather than 9x18)
12' Dometic Power Awning with remote.
Standard fridge is changed to Americana 5 cu. ft. 3-way RM2554 with option to upgrade to Americana Plus 6 cu. ft. 3-way DM2663 (double door).
Built-In Mirrored Medicine Cabinet in Bathroom
Larger 28 gallon fresh water tank
4" wider chassis "

Nothing about raised dinette floors. Is this something that was discovered at the last minute? Okay, someone will probably take issue and say "but he said "some", but that doesn't mean "all", so suck it up" sort of comment.

And, finally, from the "2017 Info" thread, this was posted on February 3rd:

"I know it is a bit later than I mentioned, but on Thursday, March 24, I will post exterior photos of the 2017, 17' and 19'. I won't have the inside completed yet to show, but there isn't too much changing there. The interior layout is not changing on any of the models.

"By the end of March, I will have a better idea as to when the 21' and 5.0 TA molds will be completed, however they are not too far behind the first two."

Still waiting for more info on the dates for the 21 and 5.0TA. However, the key point is that the "interior layout in not changing". Um, yeah, it is. A raised floor is a change. Granted, it's not moving the dinette, but it is a change.

You may not stub your toes, but I know I will. Is it enough for me to change my order back to the 2016 version? No, as I really am looking forward to hanging the Bali blinds on the straighter walls. Would I have liked to have known this before I made the change? Of course I would have. I also have to wonder what else has been or will be changed that we've not been told about.

Those of you with a trailer already can just say "neener neener" to those getting a 2017 version and keep saying that we're guinea pigs for any new changes. Not accepting our concerns is rather disheartening.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
You're down for a 2016 delivery date according to your info. Thought 2016'ers had the option of sticking with the current mold or going with the 2017 version.
True, but it depends on where you are in the queue. In one of the posts from ETI it said those getting a 17 or 19 in June or afterwards could switch. I was told by Tammy that someone getting a 5.0TA in May (or June) wanted to switch but wasn't able to due to the new molds not being ready then. Don't know when those with a 21 on order were able to change. Since our date was the very end of the year, we were able to switch.

And those ordering a 2016 earlier in the queue, if they wanted a 2017, had to cancel their 2016 model and order a 2017 along with everyone else during the feeding frenzy on April 1st. This was from a post Tammy made. I thought that was kind of weird as they'd be waiting another year and thought they should just be moved down the queue. I don't know if anyone did this.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #18

Sure hope it all turns out well for all who are concerned!
Old 04-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
I think having a raised dinette floor in the 21 as a standard would be "a good thing". Lindy and I are relatively short, (5' and 5'8")but even taller folks have mentioned that the distance from the top of the seat cushion to the dinette floor is taller than a standard dining chair. We had the floor of our dinette raised just under 4". It was the best change we have made to the trailer. Like Karen said, I am not sure how a stool would fit in the dining area unless you had very small or no table. I am certainly not a graceful person--the only reason I took up bicycling was because it required absolutely 0 coordination. But we have never had a problem stubbing our toe or falling off the raised floor.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:25 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
But we have never had a problem stubbing our toe or falling off the raised floor.
I have a few bottles of Scotch that could fix that for you, Leon.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote