New Escape Trailer Website ..... - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2019, 12:04 PM   #41

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstan View Post
GVW increased from 5000 to 5500 for the 19 as well if I am not mistaken.

I wonder what they changed to accomplish that. Other than the number on the spec sheet.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstan View Post
GVW increased from 5000 to 5500 for the 19 as well if I am not mistaken.
I noticed that too. I doubt it represents any actual change to the trailer since the change is too small to be due to bigger axles. Probably just adding the tongue weight to the gvwr. Interesting the the 21 doesn’t have the same change yet on its specs, but then these numbers on the website have always been a bit fluid.

Edit- Giving this a bit more thought, I think this spec change may be a bad idea as it may make some potential customers think their 5000lb rated tow vehicle can’t tow a 19’.
Micheal K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Would not the axles also be changed from the current ones?
Old 10-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The 21 still shows 5,000, perhaps that 19 is an error? There are several other errors noted also.
Nothing is final until they say so, I guess.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:23 PM   #45

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'm not filling in any forms, so can somebody tell me if they are still calling the Pro Series weight distribution hitch an Equalizer? If so, that needs to be fixed.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #46

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'm not filling in any forms,
Right! And you are a costumer already. They will loose potential buyers this way.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #47

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I think all of the Posting forum readers are doing a better job of proof reading and asking questions about what could be errors and corrections needed than Escape could pay anyone to do. A couple of knowledgeable Escape folks could consult with the Web site designer on Monday and probably make about 50 corrections and updates and not have to comb over the site to find them. Good job everyone, open that bag of Halloween candy and give yourself a treat.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-05-2019, 01:40 PM   #48

Needs an editor to get a rewrite on phrases like, "The Escape 17B comes standard with an easy and comfortable galley", which says and means nothing.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #49
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddesjardins View Post
Hi All -

Just a brief note on a few pending announcements.

We're in the process of launching a new website on a new host. The transfer is underway now, and should be completed later this evening. While the site is down, our email is still working

I'll be back with more details on pricing and new features in 2020, new model timelines, and updates on the Rally in Osoyoos this coming week.

Regards,

David Desjardins
Director of Sales & Marketing
Escape Trailer Industries
A quick thank you to David at ETI for keeping us posted on the new website. We're simply grateful to see ETI expanding and adding new models...and a boat!
We're also very glad we bought when we did this year, because it's not clear to us if the current 21 layout (which we absolutely love) is going to be replaced with the new 21 LTE layout (based on the 19) OR if there will be 2 different 21 layouts to choose from in 2020 (old and new). We hope it's both...but I guess time will tell! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #50

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
I too disagree with having to "sign up" to figure out a price to build. I move on to other sites if I encounter that elsewhere. I've built many cars/trucks on manufacturers' sites without giving out my info.

Has any one else noticed that no matter which trailer you choose to price out, the page that comes up has "The Noble Nest" a 1st gen. 21
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #51

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21

To ETI:

If I did not have an Escape and needed to fill out the sign up sheet to psudo-build one, I would never have one!
Old 10-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I realize it just rolled out. That said, the new web site seems sterile to me. Images of real people, be they Escape owners or employees, would help. This is especially true in the "our history" section. As for having to provide contact info just to look at options: count me out. I never continue on web sites that ask for that. Had that been in place previously I doubt we would (happily) own our 19 today.
mtnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:48 PM   #53

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I would also like thank David for updating us as well, both here and on Facebook.
We all hope Escape can continue to prosper, hence the minor constructive criticism on the new web page.
I see the link to Facebook but have yet to find the link to the forum here.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #54

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnest View Post
I realize it just rolled out. That said, the new web site seems sterile to me. Images of real people, be they Escape owners or employees, would help. This is especially true in the "our history" section. As for having to provide contact info just to look at options: count me out. I never continue on web sites that ask for that. Had that been in place previously I doubt we would (happily) own our 19 today.
Yes, REAL pictures (not those fake ones some sites use) would create that community of Escape most of feel a part of.

I too am put off having to give contact information in order to get more information. Feels like a bait and switch - click here for more information, "okay, now you clicked but before you get there give me your contact info". That's not the kind of business I like to do business with.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:54 PM   #55

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Just messin’ around…

Really liked that maple leaf that came on the back tire of ET-19. We had a lot of maple trees where I used to live. Have raked plenty of them. For the fun of it decided to design my own tire cover decal. Though my decal covered the maple leaf no ID heritage was lost. It still said made in British Columbia on back.

Then a few years ago one night in Arizona a critter from the woods came by to inspect my spare tire and, then climbed up on it for a peek inside the trailer. Next morning, judging from the serious fabric tearing and the footprints we saw, it must have been a bobcat.

I reluctantly bought a blank replacement cover. These blank covers are available with and without artwork on them . Mine was blank. Within a year I noticed another mysterious tear, though nowhere near as dramatic . I removed it for a repair. Three years later, no repairs. The fun is gone.

Today in the garage I was looking for some chrome cleaner and spotted my old baby moons, saved from a previous trailer of many moons past. A good excuse as any for not buying another spare tire cover. Hope it doesn't fall off.
Attached Thumbnails
moon1.jpg   moon2.jpg   moon3.jpg   moon4.jpg   moon5.jpg  

Old 10-05-2019, 06:02 PM   #56

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
While I like the site upgrade, I didn't see a mention of the #1 complaint here at the escape forum, that of requiring filling out forms to see trailer information.

I'd rather see every bit of information about the trailers available to look at rather than requiring registration; going on a mail list, etc should be an option rather than required. I suspect you will turn more "lookers" into serious "considers" if they don't have to go through too much.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:06 PM   #57

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I guess I’m not as concerned as some about providing information in exchange for a pricing form opportunity. Bigger outfits than Escape are mining terabytes of information daily so oh well. I’ve built tractors, boats, guns, trucks and other various items which I did not end up ordering over the years. I like getting catalogs, magazines flyers, etc. it’s one way I stay informed and I like to look at the pictures. Robot calls telling me I’m a deadbeat, with student loans and a warrant for my arrest pending don’t bother me either as nobody seems to come down my driveway with intention of arresting me. YMMV
Iowa Dave
Old 10-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #58

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Question about 17A Features indicated on the new website:
In the list is a 26 gallon grey water tank. Is that correct for a 17A (We have a 17A, which of course has only a kitchen sink to generate grey water. We get, maybe, a gallon of grey water per day, so the big tank doesn't make much sense to us.)
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:36 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I guess I’m not as concerned as some about providing information in exchange for a pricing form opportunity.
Iowa Dave

What has annoyed me on other sites is that you're asked to fill in a form and you get to the end of the form and it asks for something you are not willing to provide, so you just wasted your time.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:52 PM   #60

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
What has annoyed me on other sites is that you're asked to fill in a form and you get to the end of the form and it asks for something you are not willing to provide, so you just wasted your time.
And if we wasted our time we wouldn't be able to do important stuff. Like this forum