Photo mock-up and floorplan for new 5.0 - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #101

Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki A. View Post
Well....poo! I wanted to be #10! Seriously tho, congratulations Donna!!

I am still pouring over fabrics and more fabrics, 'til I'm crossed eyed! Oh, did I mention...I am definitely NOT a designer! I do want to try to keep the colors on the light side, kind of subtle beachy.

Trying to decided on other options,ie outside shower, surge protector (in or out), removable power cord. Anyone have any thoughts on these?
Pros and cons?

Guess I'll have to settle for # 11
We have opted for the outside shower if, for nothing else, someplace to do the dishes or wash off the dog. Likewise, we're going with the internal surge protector. After reading other posts, it only makes sense to protect your investment against possible electrical issues. Last, we were going to forgo the removable power cord until we talked to Kim at Escape. She told us that the 19' comes with a retractable power cord which, because the cord goes back into the trailer, gives creepy crawlies (e.g., spiders, scorpions, etc.) a highway into the trailer as well. The removable power cord is completely external so bugs can't make their way into the trailer so the removable cord is on our build list. Of course, we tend to always spray any external cords, ropes, etc. with bug spray ... just in case.

CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #102
MB

Trailer: None
Donna I am so happy for you.
Number 10 is a good number and fames to (10 Dowing Street)
Congratulations!!!!

MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #103
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress View Post
Whoa, folks! Those of you ready to place orders for terry cloth seat covers may bring the wrath of the system admins upon me and force me to re-register as a vendor! Not my intention at all. Just trying to help you all with my sewing experience. Although I could see myself maybe picking up some spare cash doing repairs to RV materials once I retire.

Jim, cpaharley2008, you and I might be able to work out a barter at some time in the future, some mods for some seat covers? Materials covered by each party, of course. I did love that teak floor you built for the shower...

Rosemary
You got a deal, Rosemary...
Old 09-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #104
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Okay, I've been at this build stuff for less than 48 hours and I've already decided I NEVER want to build a sticks 'n bricks home. Shoot I spent a bunch of time looking at 1586 color samples of Formica on Lowe's website and didn't see any that I like. I know, I know... gotta see it in person. Fortunately there's a Lowes about 3 miles away and I have to go that way later today. Anyone know what grade of Formica Escape uses? I've seen it priced from $40 to $150 a sheet.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #105

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
The Formica Escape uses is 3523-58
Old 09-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #106

Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
I think we need to get this thread split off and titled: Donna's 5.0 Build !
Sandia Park, New Mexico
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #107

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Okay, I've been at this build stuff for less than 48 hours and I've already decided I NEVER want to build a sticks 'n bricks home. Shoot I spent a bunch of time looking at 1586 color samples of Formica on Lowe's website and didn't see any that I like. I know, I know... gotta see it in person. Fortunately there's a Lowes about 3 miles away and I have to go that way later today. Anyone know what grade of Formica Escape uses? I've seen it priced from $40 to $150 a sheet.
Donna,
You can order free 5x7 (or 12x12 of the new 180fx) samples from Formica - 5 at a time with no shipping unless you need it expedited.
Laminate Countertops - Kitchen Design Ideas for Homeowners - Formica

paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #108
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Thanks Paul! Have you guys decided if you're staying stock or ordering something else? The stock countertop is really very nice, I'm just looking around to see if I can find something that works differently with the fabric I bought.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #109

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
Doing the same thing you are Donna. It's funny tho, I saw the post about the color Escape uses after I picked my first 5, and one of them is in fact the standard! I too want to see them along with the fabric, sometimes pictures just don't look the same.
I figured I won't get too crazy with the formica, so if in the future I wanted the change the cushions, I wouldn't have to remodel the whole thing!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #110

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Hi Donna,
Custom...We have the fabric in hand, but despite the 2 dozen Formica samples on our dining room table, its not settled.
I thought we had narrowed it down to 3424 or 3466 in the 180fx range, but we just ordered some more samples. You really have to get the samples - the images don't match the real thing on my monitor anyway & the little chips at the building supply stores are too small for me.
We're heading to Chillawack on the 17th, I hope we can finish the build sheet there.

paulw is offline   Reply With Quote