Photo mock-up and floorplan for new 5.0 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #41

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Alf, love your comment about how you "ran to the bank". That comment gives me comfort as spending this much money always makes me nervous. However, I feel its worth every penny, and what a great opportunity to explore North America in comfort. I too retire at the end of the year, how exciting it that? I just hope the new 5er will be tow-able with a Frontier. No doubt it will be 3K lbs.
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #42

Trailer: 2016 21' sold, current class C, Now looking
I am planning and drooling on this rig. Here are some ideas/ questions.

- can the Front storage box on the other trailers be utilized on the back of the 5th wheel? So the frame would be extended and the spare tire moved, can this spot be used to house a Honda 2000 generator and cords?

- U shaped Dinette option?

-I don't mind the 1/2 step in the mock up. I like it for the floor space and the access it would be for the proposed drawers/storage on that side.

-Any outside accessible storage?

-Any estimate of how far it will extend into the bed of my Toyota Tundra, I am trying to estimate room for kayaks carried on the roof of my tow vehicle forward of the Camper. I believe I saw someone had some 9ft kayaks with a current escape 5.0

So excited about this, and can't wait to send in my build sheet, it is being drawn up over this year.

Don, Brenda, maceydog and Grannybird
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Don, the front storage box in the 19' and 17' are custom made to fit on the front A frame, you would have to purchase a box for your generator, but why not carry it in your truck bed, the extra weight on the back of the unit I'm sure is not good. In addition the weight of the box and generator would be very high. We love the solar set up.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #44

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
I seriously need to find a truck with a huge cab (so I can fit two dog crates behind the driver/passenger) that gets decent mpg so I can tow this because I'm in love... No, the dogs can't ride in the bed, and I'm pretty well stuck on crates after a softball went through my rear windshield while they were in my van and the fabric crates kept literally every single shard and piece of glass dust off of them. I know, it doesn't exist, but a girl can dream...

If magic happened I would totally want a U-shaped dinette AND I would want the entire upper platform to be bed!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #45

My Dodge ram quad cab is big enough where we crate Hershey and Franklin in soft crates while traveling, they are both labs, a chocolate and black one, you can guess which is which.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #46

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Alf/Mike

I too retire end of the year and we have just made our move to MB, but I'm back in ON in a mostly empty home. Since I saw the plans for the new 5.0 I've been rethinking our Escape plans as well, it's just whether the cash is there to go bigger (we're carrying two houses now)

Alf - If you really want the new five I'll have to have a GOOD look at yours next Sat. at the Falls - I plan on being there for the afternoon. See you then.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Adrian,

We certainly have a lot in common, I too have (2) homes, hoping to unload the California one next spring. We are moving to Nevada next July. I like the new 5.0 so much, I've made a committment (to lady) to buy one. I just hope I can tow it with my Frontier or I will be faced with buying a $$$ larger truck.

My effectived retirement date is Jan. 1, 2014, a great way to start the New Year!-
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #48

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
My Dodge ram quad cab is big enough where we crate Hershey and Franklin in soft crates while traveling, they are both labs, a chocolate and black one, you can guess which is which.
Where is Blondie? Methinks you need a Yellow Lab too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I wonder how much fabric is needed for the NEW 5.0? I've already picked out what I want and I know fabric comes and goes.. once it goes it becomes "vintage" and the $$ go up. Might have to buy it now...

I believe in planning ahead (snort!)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #50

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
I was wondering the same thing Donna!

I mean, if I can find something now that I like and it's on sale....just saying
No browns for me, something more colorful!

I need to get the color codes for the graphics and her name also. Yes....not even born and already has a name!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #51

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Same dinette as the 21, right? From my build sheet:
"Custom Fabric (Single Fabric $100, Additional Fabrics $50/each) 5.6m or 6.1yds * Please note fabrics with a repeating pattern will require the amount to be doubled"
Might take a little more tho', I think the fifth wheels need an extra window valance in the bedroom.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #52
Site Team

I'm moments from pulling the trigger on the fabric. I know some don't care for browns... me either, really. But, I've camped in my current trailer for almost 11 years. And, although I'm a clean person and am careful about what and where I sit... the cushions in my trailer are looking a bit... dirt colored . So I figure what the heck, no white (anything) and stay with something where dirt and dust doesn't show (much).

This is my choice and it's Sunbrella ON SALE. I figure I'll order 14 yards (its 54 inches wide and repeats every 8.87" for a total of $307.30 (plus shipping) if there's anything left over I can always make pillows for the bed area. And if it turns out it's not enough there's enough different colors I can figure out someway to contrast the valances.

OMG, I think I'm committing to buying a new 5er
Attached Thumbnails
FabricPhoto.jpg  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #53

sharp looking, hope to see you at next years Escape rally in your new 5th I think the post right before yours mentions about half that amount in yards is needed.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #54

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
It looks great and, you're right, you can pull several colors out of it for contrast. I love it!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #55
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
sharp looking, hope to see you at next years Escape rally in your new 5th I think the post right before yours mentions about half that amount in yards is needed.
Yep Jim, I saw that... but then saw this:
* Please note fabrics with a repeating pattern will require the amount to be doubled" and the fabric I've picked out repeats every 8.87" The devil is in the details!

And, if the new 5.0 is like the new 21'... it won't be available until Fall of 2014... which means the earliest I'd attend an Escape Rally in my new 5.0 is June (??) of 2015..
Old 09-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #56

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Looks nice Donna! One question I have about customizing fabric and Formica -is it possible to have a different color/pattern for the floor vinyl?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yep Jim, I saw that... but then saw this:
* Please note fabrics with a repeating pattern will require the amount to be doubled" and the fabric I've picked out repeats every 8.87" The devil is in the details!

And, if the new 5.0 is like the new 21'... it won't be available until Fall of 2014... which means the earliest I'd attend an Escape Rally in my new 5.0 is June (??) of 2015..
If I know Reace, he will have a prototype in June of next year, just like this year for the 21', he had one made for the rally and deliveries will not be until fall of this year.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
Looks nice Donna! One question I have about customizing fabric and Formica -is it possible to have a different color/pattern for the floor vinyl?
Yes, but like everything that's not standard it comes at a cost. Tammy and Reace do everything they can to hold that down, but when a customer wants something different and... let's say the "hallway" gets a knife cut during the build... the manufacturer eats that. There's a thread here somewhere where someone picked out really expensive vinyl... like 2 to 3 times as expensive as the stock. They're pleased as punch... but boy $$.

Actually, I think the vinyl that's stock isn't bad. Besides... I like throw rugs I'd rather spend my bucks on "hard" costs... like solar or outside shower, or maybe... an oven. YMMV

And you can pick any formica you want... as long as it's Formica "brand." I think there's a $50 () upcharge if you want something other than stock. But you get want you WANT!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #59

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Yes, custom vinyl can be pricey. Escape pays about $6 per square meter of vinyl (an unbelievably low price!) and the customer picks up the difference between their product and the custom product (multiplied by the number of square yards/meters required). In my case for the 15A, it came to over $400 in upcharge, but I am very pleased with my choice.

I have to admit that I didn't realize what a good deal Escape had on their vinyl so got quite the sticker shock when the bill came in for my choice. But it's done and I'm kind of glad I didn't know at the time.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #60
Site Team

ooooh Karen, it was YOU. I knew I had read it somewhere here. But you know what... that's a one-and-done and it will last you forever if you take care of it. And knowing you have a 15A that is uniquely your own, truly means something. (this from a woman who owns a 1988 trailer with ORIGINAL carpet...ick, ick, ick.)