Photo mock-up and floorplan for new 5.0 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #61

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Yup the cost factor makes me cycle back to going with the standard vinyl/Formica/upholstery. But a girl can dream right?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #62

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Donna

It's great hearing you get so excited and admit to pulling the trigger. I have to say I am surprised but have sensed your excitement in the new 5.0 since it was announced. 12 months of excitement ahead now. I like the fabric and wish we had of had more time to chose a custom fabric. They had a opening in the schedule and we took it but had to make a lot of the special order decisions within 2 weeks so just stuck with standard.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #63
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the "standard." Compared to the other all molded manufacturers... I think Reace and Tammy have chosen well. And you know, you'll always do whatever it takes to make it your own. Whether that's items hanging from the walls or rugs or throw pillows, or whatever... it's not like you're going to be one of a thousand and everyone is parked next to one another in a park. Wherever you go... you'll probably be unique. Embrase that and make a ton of memories along the way...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #64

Trailer: 5.0
I agree with you Donna. My wife (Donna) feels the same way. We would rather get the Solar, extra insulation, and so forth. We have camped a lot in our 40 some years together and have a good idea of what makes sense to us, but we have never been going for such luxury before. But you are only old once so why not go for it!
Not so Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #65

Trailer: 5.0
Karen "Egbert" got Donna and I seriously considering a 15A but in the final consideration I was just to tall to really get comfortable in it (6' 2").
Not so Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #66

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
When we thought about changing the fabric and Formica we started looking and realized it was going to take some time to do it and make sure everything matched and we did not end up with a big mess we had to live with. We knew Rease and Tammy and spend years making sure everything on the standard selections matched and looked good and we really liked the standard Formica and fabric anyway. We decided to put or money into other options.

We got an email from Tammy yesterday detailing the delivery process and when the trailer should be here. 9 days and counting and Cheryl and I are like 2 kids waiting for Christmas to come. ��
Old 09-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #67

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the "standard." Compared to the other all molded manufacturers... I think Reace and Tammy have chosen well. And you know, you'll always do whatever it takes to make it your own. Whether that's items hanging from the walls or rugs or throw pillows, or whatever... it's not like you're going to be one of a thousand and everyone is parked next to one another in a park. Wherever you go... you'll probably be unique. Embrase that and make a ton of memories along the way...
I agree with you. We got a sample of the fabric and floor material and my wife said that'll be just fine. Her one request was a microwave. So of course that's on the build sheet. We've camped in a tent forever, so every part of this process is exciting for both of us. Our options are all chosen, so now we are working on the plans for the 8000 mile/60 day pick up and meandering trip back home to North Carolina trip. What a great way to begin retirement!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #68
Site Team

I feel so very fortunate to have a whole year to plot and plan and hoard . And, since I'll drive up to Chilliwack with my build sheet, I can haul everything I buy up there too... if it's going to be a manufacturer installed item.

I just sent Tammy a message telling her I want 5.0 number 10 off the line! I'm a TEN, I want trailer TEN.

Oh my stars, I'd better get a passport!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #69

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Donna, you sound like a little kid in a candy shop. I like that.

And nobody deserves the #10 5.0 more than you.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #70

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Donna I am very happy for you!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #71
Site Team

Oh I think anyone that owns an Escape is lucky and I'm sure it feels like Christmas upon delivery. Tom & Cheryl now only have to count on fingers! (We need a Happy Dance smilie!)
Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #72

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
Well....poo! I wanted to be #10! Seriously tho, congratulations Donna!!

I am still pouring over fabrics and more fabrics, 'til I'm crossed eyed! Oh, did I mention...I am definitely NOT a designer! I do want to try to keep the colors on the light side, kind of subtle beachy.

Trying to decided on other options,ie outside shower, surge protector (in or out), removable power cord. Anyone have any thoughts on these?
Pros and cons?

Guess I'll have to settle for # 11
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #73

Quote:
(We need a Happy Dance smilie!)

We need a whole set of better smilies here, akin to the ones at FGRV.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #74

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki A. View Post
Well....poo! I wanted to be #10! Seriously tho, congratulations Donna!!

I am still pouring over fabrics and more fabrics, 'til I'm crossed eyed! Oh, did I mention...I am definitely NOT a designer! I do want to try to keep the colors on the light side, kind of subtle beachy.

Trying to decided on other options,ie outside shower, surge protector (in or out), removable power cord. Anyone have any thoughts on these?
Pros and cons?

Guess I'll have to settle for # 11
While not a 5.0, I have all these in my 17B. I don't use the outside shower all that much, but the times I used it there were not many alternatives. Very handy for washing large pots, and for those that have them, kids & dogs! The biggest con other than the additional cost is it is easy to forget it when winterizing.

I added an internal Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C Surge Protector (they were not an option when I bought my trailer) and it has tripped 4 times since I owned the trailer - twice for reverse polarity & twice for low voltage. The remote readout is handy when plugged into 15 amp receptacles to make sure you are keeping the current draw under the breaker rating. I recommend it.

Another monitor that is worth considering if you dry camp is a Tri-Metric battery monitor. I don't believe it is an option available from Escape although I suspect that if you supply it, they can make it part of the build.

I like the removable power cord - it doesn't get stuck in the storage area, it is easier to clean, and, since I made a Marinco to 15 amp adapter, makes it simple to connect to 15 amp campground receptacles. On the other hand, you can't pull out just as much cord as you need, and some have accidentally left the cord in a campground.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #75
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

We need a whole set of better smilies here, akin to the ones at FGRV.
YEP http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/i...lies/dance.gif

How did you make that work Jim? I thought I posted the right URL..
Old 09-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #76

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
For us, the outside shower is probably the highest "bang for the buck" option. We're of the "live outdoors" mentality. The outside shower gets used primarily for doing dishes. It lets us be outside, and it's actually more convenient than doing them in the sink because it allows us to use larger and multiple dish pans, get more people helping, and generally have more room. It also gives us the option of dumping the dish water in the bushes (or in a pit toilet, or whatever) rather than filling up the grey water tank.

And, yes, it has been used for shower-like functions, if you include washing feet.

We don't have the removable power cord, and while we have the surge protector it's one of those "good to have, hard to get passionate about" things.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #77
Site Team

I keep going back and looking at Jim's modifications to his 19 to get ideas. Sure glad everyone shares info!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #78

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Any questions Donna, I'm here if you need...I'm free...or at least reasonable!!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #79

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Surge protector a big yes. It tripped twice on our maiden voyage home in our 19. Once for open ground, once for low voltage. May have paid for itself already.
I like the removable power cord. No chance of it getting tangled and pulling something loose around the hot water heater. Plus it leaves a very nice space for storage of some seldom needed items.
Didn't get the outside shower. Will use a solar shower if we ever need it. For us it was on the wrong side of the trailer and didn't want another hole.
Jon, do you have a picture of the 15amp adapter you made for the power plug?

Dave
dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
For us, the outside shower is probably the highest "bang for the buck" option. We're of the "live outdoors" mentality. The outside shower gets used primarily for doing dishes. It lets us be outside, and it's actually more convenient than doing them in the sink because it allows us to use larger and multiple dish pans, get more people helping, and generally have more room. It also gives us the option of dumping the dish water in the bushes (or in a pit toilet, or whatever) rather than filling up the grey water tank.

And, yes, it has been used for shower-like functions, if you include washing feet.

We don't have the removable power cord, and while we have the surge protector it's one of those "good to have, hard to get passionate about" things.
We have rarely used our outside shower, but would love to more for the reasons you state here. The biggest issue is having to go around to the backside of the trailer to use it, which is sometimes tough to get at.

I would consider it on the frontside if I was doing it again, but off to one end. On the 5.0 it would work great on front end.
Quote:
YEP http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/i...lies/dance.gif

How did you make that work Jim? I thought I posted the right URL..
Just copy the image URL and insert it here as an with the IMG tags.