Photo mock-up and floorplan for new 5.0 - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #61

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
Yup the cost factor makes me cycle back to going with the standard vinyl/Formica/upholstery. But a girl can dream right?

Old 09-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #62

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Donna

It's great hearing you get so excited and admit to pulling the trigger. I have to say I am surprised but have sensed your excitement in the new 5.0 since it was announced. 12 months of excitement ahead now. I like the fabric and wish we had of had more time to chose a custom fabric. They had a opening in the schedule and we took it but had to make a lot of the special order decisions within 2 weeks so just stuck with standard.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #63
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the "standard." Compared to the other all molded manufacturers... I think Reace and Tammy have chosen well. And you know, you'll always do whatever it takes to make it your own. Whether that's items hanging from the walls or rugs or throw pillows, or whatever... it's not like you're going to be one of a thousand and everyone is parked next to one another in a park. Wherever you go... you'll probably be unique. Embrase that and make a ton of memories along the way...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #64

Trailer: 5.0
I agree with you Donna. My wife (Donna) feels the same way. We would rather get the Solar, extra insulation, and so forth. We have camped a lot in our 40 some years together and have a good idea of what makes sense to us, but we have never been going for such luxury before. But you are only old once so why not go for it!
Not so Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #65

Trailer: 5.0
Karen "Egbert" got Donna and I seriously considering a 15A but in the final consideration I was just to tall to really get comfortable in it (6' 2").
Not so Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #66

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
When we thought about changing the fabric and Formica we started looking and realized it was going to take some time to do it and make sure everything matched and we did not end up with a big mess we had to live with. We knew Rease and Tammy and spend years making sure everything on the standard selections matched and looked good and we really liked the standard Formica and fabric anyway. We decided to put or money into other options.

We got an email from Tammy yesterday detailing the delivery process and when the trailer should be here. 9 days and counting and Cheryl and I are like 2 kids waiting for Christmas to come. ��
Old 09-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #67

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the "standard." Compared to the other all molded manufacturers... I think Reace and Tammy have chosen well. And you know, you'll always do whatever it takes to make it your own. Whether that's items hanging from the walls or rugs or throw pillows, or whatever... it's not like you're going to be one of a thousand and everyone is parked next to one another in a park. Wherever you go... you'll probably be unique. Embrase that and make a ton of memories along the way...
I agree with you. We got a sample of the fabric and floor material and my wife said that'll be just fine. Her one request was a microwave. So of course that's on the build sheet. We've camped in a tent forever, so every part of this process is exciting for both of us. Our options are all chosen, so now we are working on the plans for the 8000 mile/60 day pick up and meandering trip back home to North Carolina trip. What a great way to begin retirement!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #68
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I feel so very fortunate to have a whole year to plot and plan and hoard . And, since I'll drive up to Chilliwack with my build sheet, I can haul everything I buy up there too... if it's going to be a manufacturer installed item.

I just sent Tammy a message telling her I want 5.0 number 10 off the line! I'm a TEN, I want trailer TEN.

Oh my stars, I'd better get a passport!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #69

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Donna, you sound like a little kid in a candy shop. I like that.

And nobody deserves the #10 5.0 more than you.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #70

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
Donna I am very happy for you!