Photos of the NEW Escape 5.0 TA Fifthwheel - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Wow - beautiful you guys! Can't wait to see it!
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #22

Trailer: not yet
Please tell me this is just for the mock-up and the new 5.0 will not be one piece scabbed onto another.
Adler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome to our little Escape world. Being new to Escape you probably have never seen one in person. You can contact the factory and they will put you in touch with someone nearby. The Escape finished product does not look like the mock-up, Reace and company go thru several units before the final is decided upon.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #24

Hi All,

I have been lurking on the forum for a while now and was excited to the new Escape 5.0 TA being build. I really like the idea of getting a high quality fiberglass 5th wheel that can be customized to a certain extent, which I would think if well maintained, would last many years. I know that 5.0 TA is still in development but does anyone know if it will be offered with the large U-shaped dinette and the overhead Cot? I will have to two small children camping with us (Boy–7 and Girl-8) and need the ability to give them their own beds. I live in Texas and plan to check out the new 5.0 during the Bluebonnet Rally in April.

Thanks,
Tony
alloy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
According to Escape, the "U" shaped dinette will not be offered in the new 5th TA. The over head cot is not listed an option either, but you will be able to see it and talk to Escape at the rally in April. Perhaps the Escape 19 maybe a better choice, you can have both these options in a 19'.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
According to Escape, the "U" shaped dinette will not be offered in the new 5th TA. The over head cot is not listed an option either, but you will be able to see it and talk to Escape at the rally in April. Perhaps the Escape 19 maybe a better choice, you can have both these options in a 19'.
I have not seen anything from Escape to that effect. (But you may have inside information.) They have said no U shaped dinette - which I interpret as not standard, but probably an option. (Donna said she would email them - I haven't seen anything.) The cot may or may not be an option, and even if it is not an option I would ask Reace - he will do many thing not listed as an option. The definitive answers will come from Reace - if you are at Bluebonnet be sure to ask him.

The bottom line - if you want it ask Escape. You will probably get it but if not they will explain why and be very nice about it.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
I have not seen anything from Escape to that effect. (But you may have inside information.) They have said no U shaped dinette - which I interpret as not standard, but probably an option. (Donna said she would email them - I haven't seen anything.) The cot may or may not be an option, and even if it is not an option I would ask Reace - he will do many thing not listed as an option. The definitive answers will come from Reace - if you are at Bluebonnet be sure to ask him.

The bottom line - if you want it ask Escape. You will probably get it but if not they will explain why and be very nice about it.
Got the answer. This is from Tammy:

Yes, you can get a U Shaped dinette in the new TA Escape 5.0 however, it is now an option ($350). In an attempt to streamline production for the production crew we decided all of the trailers would come standard with bench seating.

You will require 8.8yds of fabric for the U-Shaped dinette and if you select a fabric with a repeating pattern then we will have to add another 5.5yds.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adler View Post
Please tell me this is just for the mock-up and the new 5.0 will not be one piece scabbed onto another.
Hi: Adler... Yes it was just for the mock up. Scabbed together is the main reason we bought the 5.0 over a Scamp 5th. wheel.
The closest 5.0 to you is in Weston Florida. I'm sure Escape would give you the locale and contact info.
We will be passing by on I75 during the first week of Jan. and will be stopping in at Sarasota as well. I'm sure we can arrange a get together at some point. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
OMG...No Sunny Beach!!!.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Got the answer. This is from Tammy:

Yes, you can get a U Shaped dinette in the new TA Escape 5.0 however, it is now an option ($350). In an attempt to streamline production for the production crew we decided all of the trailers would come standard with bench seating.

You will require 8.8yds of fabric for the U-Shaped dinette and if you select a fabric with a repeating pattern then we will have to add another 5.5yds.
Hi: Donna D... Thanks!!! This changes everything!!! AGAIN Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #30

Trailer: Hoping to buy an Escape soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Adler... Yes it was just for the mock up. Scabbed together is the main reason we bought the 5.0 over a Scamp 5th. wheel.
You mean you bought the Escape because it IS scabbed together? Or that you bought the Escape because the Scamp is scabbed together, and the Escape is not?
AimlessWanderLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #31

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessWanderLust View Post
You mean you bought the Escape because it IS scabbed together? Or that you bought the Escape because the Scamp is scabbed together, and the Escape is not?
The various pieces were used just to establish the shape of the trailer, derived from elements of earlier models. They have been combined into one "plug" the shape of the desired trailer, and a pair (upper and lower) of moulds have been built to copy that shape. The moulds will be used to build the actual trailers of the new model, each of the two parts (upper and lower) being a seamless, integrated shell... like any other Escape model. The individual bits - front section, roof section, width extensions - were just design aids, not parts of a real trailer.

I don't know how many pieces are used to construct the Scamp 19', but it certainly has the look of a loft stuck on another trailer, rather than the well-integrated design of the Escape 5.0 designs.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #32
Site Team

For a new model, ya gotta start someplace! The fact ETI is taking two models to create a third is smart business. Bringing together the best of the 21' and the 5.0 and creating something new... WOW. I love this thread and can't wait to see new pictures posted by ETI.

Scamp did basically the same thing. Took a 16' trailer and stuck the loft on the front and created their version of a 5er. Works well for them, will work well for ETI.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
Tammy / Reace....

Any new pictures?!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #34

Thanks for all the feedback. The new 5.0 is looking like a good fit for my family. Can't wait to see it in April.
alloy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #35

Trailer: not yet
Ok, quick note to self.. Do not be facetious with your first post to a forum.
my sense of humor has yet again failed to impress the natives. Next time offer shiny trinkets and beads.

Yes I understood it was a mock-up, not a production unit. Yes I am an engineer and know the difference, Yes I have seen an escape and know the quality of the unit. Yes I will have one as soon as I can convince the current owner to give it up.

you are only given so many day in which to go camping, Don't waste them.
Adler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
my sense of humor has yet again failed to impress the natives. Next time offer shiny trinkets and beads.

Yes I understood it was a mock-up, not a production unit. Yes I am an engineer and know the difference, Yes I have seen an escape and know the quality of the unit. Yes I will have one as soon as I can convince the current owner to give it up.

Adler forgive us as well. We've all read so many posts on the all the molded forums that are similar to yours... only those folks were serious!

Love the very last line of your post!! My thought too... is if not NOW. When? Time waits for no one.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #37

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Adler forgive us as well. We've all read so many posts on the all the molded forums that are similar to yours... only those folks were serious!
You mean like mine describing the Scamp 5er as looking like it had a cancerous growth?
Old 12-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You mean like mine describing the Scamp 5er as looking like it had a cancerous growth?
I own a Scamp and I agree. Except I think it looks like an aging Beluga whale. I'm old Skool, but the shape of that one... hummm. Certainly looks nicer on the inside than the outside! YMMV
Old 12-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:

Injection of smiley faces might help portray your mind set. I know I have many a time have had my intent misinterpreted due to poor wordmanship.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #40
Site Team

Any new updates?