Photos of the NEW Escape 5.0 TA Fifthwheel - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #61
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandsandyclink View Post
Any thoughts on having the refrigerator on the street side? Losing the shade of the awning.
Not me. I want that loooong counter!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #62

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
David - some time ago I brought up that very subject. I have thoughts of building some sort of awning, possibly using shade cloth.
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #63

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Something on the order of 4 big, strong suction cups, two extending curtain rods, and some shade cloth (4' x 6') with rod pockets?
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #64

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
Exactly!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:44 AM   #65

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I heard that they are/were having problems with getting the mold finished. Don't know if they got it yet.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #66

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B
I just happened to e-mail with Tammy about a future Escapee wanting to tour Cafe Egg, and I asked about the whereabouts. Sounds like the first 5.0 TA will enter production by the end of this month. Cannot wait to see pics.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #67
Site Team

I wonder what the decision was about the axles? Spring or torsion?
Old 03-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #68

Trailer: Casita ... for now ...
Need a fix!
Need to see more photos!!
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #69

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I wonder what the decision was about the axles? Spring or torsion?
Spring...
Stargeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #70
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargeezer View Post
Spring...
Is this a known statement or a desire
Old 03-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Is this a known statement or a desire
Hi Donna,

Confirmed by Kim on Nov. 19, 2013... All going to schedule, our trailer will be coming off the production line about 12 hrs. after the first...

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Larry
Old 03-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #72
Site Team

THANKS Larry!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #73

Trailer: 2016 21' sold, current class C, Now looking
When I saw this thread come up I got excited for final Pics of the new unit. I am currently debating switching from the 21' to the 5.0TA..... Can't wait to see the pics when this is done.
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don W. View Post
When I saw this thread come up I got excited for final Pics of the new unit. I am currently debating switching from the 21' to the 5.0TA..... Can't wait to see the pics when this is done.
Well Don, if the current schedule holds... the first production pictures should be available about mid-April. However, just to reduce the stress for us current purchasers, Reace may post a couple of pictures of the cured fibreglass shells earlier, just to assure us they exist... LOL...

Larry
Old 03-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #75

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
The confirmation is good, but I'm not sure why there was any doubt about the decision regarding the suspension type of the 5.0TA. I think all of the leaf spring discussion in this forum would have led to some comment by Reace if it were off track, but there are also two explicit references which refer to leaf springs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
Due to the variety of different truck heights, we will be using tandem spring axles on this unit to allow for easy adjustments.
The photo shows the trailer in the lowered position for mid-size trucks. A 3"-4" lift will provide the extra clearance required for full-size trucks.

Reace
I realize this just says "spring axles", but that is common terminology for leaf-spring suspension, attempting to distinguish leaf springs from rubber systems.
I sent an e-mail to Reace about the possibility of shocks for the 5.0TA due to the leaf-spring suspensions (which need shocks even more than a Torflex), and he responded in the forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
At this time, I don't intend to install a suspension dampening kit. I have very little experience towing RV trailers equipped with spring axles. Once the first 5.0 TA is out, I will play around with it and should know quite quickly if it is necessary.
This confirms that by "spring axles" he means leaf-spring axles.
It seems certain that Reace is building the 5.0TA with very conventional leaf-spring beam axles (probably straight beams for the higher option and 4" drop for the lower option, but possibly spring-under and spring-over configurations).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:25 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The confirmation is good, but I'm not sure why there was any doubt about the decision regarding the suspension type of the 5.0TA. I think all of the leaf spring discussion in this forum would have led to some comment by Reace if it were off track, but there are also two explicit references which refer to leaf springs:
I realize this just says "spring axles", but that is common terminology for leaf-spring suspension, attempting to distinguish leaf springs from rubber systems.
I sent an e-mail to Reace about the possibility of shocks for the 5.0TA due to the leaf-spring suspensions (which need shocks even more than a Torflex), and he responded in the forum:
This confirms that by "spring axles" he means leaf-spring axles.
It seems certain that Reace is building the 5.0TA with very conventional leaf-spring beam axles (probably straight beams for the higher option and 4" drop for the lower option, but possibly spring-under and spring-over configurations).
Brian... not bad for a guy from Edmonton... as coming from an X-Edmontonian...

Not an expert... but NO Lift Axle for Titan, but required for Frontier... I would image same applies for other equivalents... Fords, Chevy, Cryco's, etc.

Larry
Old 03-16-2014, 03:31 AM   #77

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Reace mentioned a week ago he's going to flip the axle to gain or lose the 4" as needed.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #78

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Reace mentioned a week ago he's going to flip the axle to gain or lose the 4" as needed.
Just for clarity for those not familiar with beam axle configurations...
"Flip the axle" is a common expression, but because axles have a top and bottom, the axle isn't actually flipped over: an extra set of spring perches are used to move the springs between the bottom of the axle beam (tube) and the top.

If the extra perches are welded on at the factory, the conversion between the two configurations is a simple operation needing only wrenches (and new U-bolts each time).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #79

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Simply put, you can mount the axle on top of the springs, or below the springs, as like Brian said, they cannot be just flipped.

I have done this once on a utility trailer before, with a friend who wanted it raised for collecting firewood. Not a hard job at all. He had a welder to install the new perches (mounts) to the underside of the axle. Just pull the springs and axle, weld on the perches, install the springs and axles. Easy peasy.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #80

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Vicki,

Elaine and I enjoyed visiting with you and Marv at the Green Eggs & Ham Rally in Montgomery this weekend. I hope you don't mind, but I plan to private message you in the next week or two about the logistics of some of your recent excursions - where you would suggest camping, sights to be sure not to miss, etc. In the mean time, I hope the two of you are happily on your way home or already heading out on your next great adventure!

Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote