Price increase without notice - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #81
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Spam, spam, spam...spam, spam, spam
Fried please.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #82

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Fried please.
Always still makes me laugh...

techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:51 PM   #83

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
Guilty pleasure that Spam...my sister-in-law made Musubi as a picnic treat for our hike to see the lava flow on the Big Island this fall. YUM!!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:53 PM   #84

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
coming right up, with a side of Spam...
I was in one of the local markets today. Noticed they had nice looking slices of head cheese brought in from a quaint locker in NE Iowa called Polashek's in Protovin Iowa. The next town over is Spillville. Home of the Bily brothers and a great clock museum. Antonin Dvorak lived with the Bilys when he wrote The New World Symphony. I fished Bohemian Creek up there a couple times for trout. They have a good locker in Spillville too. When you visit out here We will take a day trip and eat so much salty food up there we' ll have the gout. Vi'tame' Vas. Czech for We welcome you.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:31 PM   #85

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
I appreciate all the differing points of view that are presented on this forum. Everyone doesn't agree all the time and that is a good thing but everyone that posts and spends time here does so for one reason and that is to help others the best they can. Keep posting folks. Now pass the poutine please.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:27 PM   #86

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
I want Scrapple and a Baileys w coffee.
Keep the Scrapple, but I will join you for a drink
Old 12-16-2016, 10:04 PM   #87

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike & Donna View Post
I appreciate all the differing points of view that are presented on this forum. Everyone doesn't agree all the time and that is a good thing but everyone that posts and spends time here does so for one reason and that is to help others the best they can. Keep posting folks. Now pass the poutine please.
Hi: Mike & Donna... Yummm. Poutine topped with deep fried cubes of Spam. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:11 PM   #88

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
I can't recall any business informing me of possible price increases. Merchants don't give warnings on future grocery store item price increases, nor clothing, booze, movies of anything other than Government run utilities or insurance (at least in BC). The media (news) will often give the heads up on produce price hikes after severe weather.but that's it!
Contractors today, at least the contractors I run across, only give estimates on work or commit to a 'time and materials' contract. After the contract is signed it can still go up due to unforeseen circumstances.
This topic has me puzzled. As far as I'm concerned, the Escape travel trailer is a luxury item, most often custom designed and if, when in the planning stages of customization, the price
goes up before the signature goes down, then that's the way it is.
"I can't recall any business informing me of possible price increases" ...
see it all the time..marketing 101.. inform potential buyers the price will be going up and buy now to lock in the price... was surprised ETI didn't do something similar for anyone thinking about an Escape and prior to just posting the price increase on the website...
sent an email as other buyers with a deposit probably did this week and ETI has been upfront about the base price lock in and options not signed off can increase..no issues with that.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:45 PM   #89

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Mike & Donna... Yummm. Poutine topped with deep fried cubes of Spam. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I think I would have mine with some fried chicken tenders if only I could get some squeaky cheese curds around here. Not much chance of that. Life isn't fair.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:26 PM   #90

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
This thread has given me two ideas: 1) Next time I see prices go up at the local gas station, I think I'll go inside and ask the owner if I can fill up at yesterday's gas price because I saw it was lower when I drove past yesterday but there was no notice the price would be going up overnight, and 2) I think I'll go buy some Spam - great at any price....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:54 PM   #91

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
anyone up for some poutine??
Brilliant Jim! LOL
LoriH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:01 AM   #92
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
This thread has given me two ideas: 1) Next time I see prices go up at the local gas station, I think I'll go inside and ask the owner if I can fill up at yesterday's gas price because I saw it was lower when I drove past yesterday but there was no notice the price would be going up overnight, and 2) I think I'll go buy some Spam - great at any price....
Not the same thing. Apples and oranges. Is it unreasonable to question why the trailer you ordered went up in price before you took delivery? I think not.

Don't get me wrong, we love our Escape, are happy we purchased, and consider Reace and Tammy the salt of the earth - some of the best people we know. It's not all or nothing though. These are business questions, not personal ones.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:19 AM   #93

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Robert, based on the ETI policy that only the options can go up in price once a deposit is made, I think the gas station comparison is valid. Once you plunk down a deposit the base price is locked in. Also, I don't know many businesses that regularly warn of a coming price increase. If ETI changed the price the same day a price was given out I bet they would honor the lower one. I can understand being disappointed the price went up so soon after you were told the price, but I wouldn't blame ETI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:41 AM   #94

Trailer: wannabe
I asked Escape Trailer Inc about this price jump, and they said not to worry about it, your order was before tgis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
bigalaska2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #95
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
Robert, based on the ETI policy that only the options can go up in price once a deposit is made, I think the gas station comparison is valid. Once you plunk down a deposit the base price is locked in. Also, I don't know many businesses that regularly warn of a coming price increase. If ETI changed the price the same day a price was given out I bet they would honor the lower one. I can understand being disappointed the price went up so soon after you were told the price, but I wouldn't blame ETI.

I don't disagree with the options part of it Bob. It's not a valid comparison though for the base price. Our base price did go up, just before they started building the trailer. It's been explained above that the reason was, we had switched models. But, we did so 5 months earlier, so I still don't see why that's different than having just ordered that model from the beginning.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:36 AM   #96

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Robert, it seems like your situation was different from that of the first poster on this thread. What did ETI say to justify the increase?

Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #97

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
"I can't recall any business informing me of possible price increases" ...
see it all the time..marketing 101.. inform potential buyers the price will be going up and buy now to lock in the price... was surprised ETI didn't do something similar for anyone thinking about an Escape and prior to just posting the price increase on the website...
If you see business informing buyers of potential price increases all the time I'd like to know how the business do it. In your town do you get the heads up when clothing or food will increase in price? How do they do it? Does each individual store post in in the news paper or some other media? Gas goes up and down here in British Columbia and I'm never informed of the increase until I go to fill up. Likewise at the lumber yard and plant stores and restaurants. Sure, there are sales and we get informed when a price may go down, but not up. Texas sure does "have it goin on"!
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:52 AM   #98
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
Robert, it seems like your situation was different from that of the first poster on this thread. What did ETI say to justify the increase?

Yes, it is different. That's the only reason I pointed it out.

We were told at the time that the reason for the increase was that the build would not start until January of 2015, so it was considered the next year's model, and the base price for that model had increased.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #99

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
I'm astonished that there is any level of concern whatsoever over ETI raising their prices without consulting its customers beforehand. Seriously? I can just imagine Reace and Tammy drinking their coffee first thing in the morning, reading this Forum just wondering what else it is they have to do to keep us all happy.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:56 AM   #100

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
If you see business informing buyers of potential price increases all the time I'd like to know how the business do it. In your town do you get the heads up when clothing or food will increase in price? How do they do it? Does each individual store post in in the news paper or some other media? Gas goes up and down here in British Columbia and I'm never informed of the increase until I go to fill up. Likewise at the lumber yard and plant stores and restaurants. Sure, there are sales and we get informed when a price may go down, but not up. Texas sure does "have it goin on"!
this ain't personal and it ain't a Texas thing...not a local food, clothing, or whatever daily product...as trends illuminate that to the buyer.
was referring to this from a business marketing perspective....professional marketing people know a marketing campaign prior to the actual price increase can be a sales opportunity...for some products and not all, but in this case yes.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote