"The Big Easy" Has Landed... - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I can see and tell that a lot of thought went into that superb combo you have created. Congrats on making the "BigEasy"…..it is beautiful.
ps...it was also a good movie!
Old 05-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #42

Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
Is it possible to get a few measurements on the 5TA
- what is the size of the pantry cupboard beside the fridge? Does it come with a shelf?
- what is the size of the wardrobe? What is the distance between the rod to the bottom of closet?
- what is the distance from the top of the mattress to the oak board running across
The top above your head?
What is the height in the bed loft from the floor to the higher apart of the ceiling?

Thanks
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #43

Trailer: 2023 E21C
Great looking trailer... only have a year to wait!
2020 Australian Shepherd Mix - "Isabeau"
jaerikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:59 PM   #44

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefttee View Post
On ETI's home page, 5.0 shows 2620 lbs dry weight, 9' high, and 19'6" long. Real numbers from Tammy this week show a height of 9' 7" and length of 21' 2".
As Baglo pointed out, the entire Overview, Specifications, and Features panels of the The Escape 5.0TA page are for the original 5.0, not the 5.0 TA. The Plan A pictures are for the 5.0 TA; I don't know about the Options or Accessories.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #45

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
These photos are for Chapitre. Here are the corner shelves that ETI put in for me. The dimensions are 8.5 inches wide, 6 inches deep, and a 5 inch drop.

These are perfect for phones, lights, reading glass, small alarm clock or whatever.

We love them.

Todd
Attached Thumbnails
Bed Area Driver Side.jpg   Bed Area Passenger Side.jpg   Bed Area Passenger Side 2.jpg   Dinnett Passenger Side.jpg   Dinnett Passenger Side 2.jpg  

itoddday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Larry, did you notice ETI is featuring Big Easy on the 5.0TA page of their website? The Escape 5.0TA

Click on the Plan A pictures tab.

Cool beans!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:49 AM   #47

Trailer: 1996 Frontier 5th (22')
Congratulations to OP - the Big Easy is a wonderful unit!

We presently own a 22' Frontier built in the mid 90's by Peak Manufacturing in North Battleford, Sask who made some very good trailers back in the day. The original 5.0 caught my attention a couple years ago and we stopped in and visited Tammy last spring when driving back from Oregon on Vacation. While showing us an original 5.0 she mentioned that a larger TA version was on the drawing board. We have been waiting for some visible evidence of what this unit will be and here we have it. We know that some day down the road we are going to have to replace our Frontier. To this point we have been a bit stumped -- but I am really liking what I see from photos of Big Easy and other pics I have seen on other threads so far.

I have a few questions if anyone would care to comment. Start with the bathroom facility. Any other photos out there? It would appear the shower area now has it's separate stall? Is there any kind of cabinetry to store those personal and toiletry items? And any info on tank sizes for black, grey and fresh water tanks? Much of the info shown on the website would appear to be outdated and pertinent to the original 5.0.

Also there is mention on the website that the 'U' shaped dinette is not available - yet I think there is a photo somewhere that it is. Is the 'U' shaped dinette an available option with the new 5.0?

One last question relates to exterior compartments. I am assuming the driver side upper middle one is the fresh water fill -- would that be correct? And if so there are two other forward compartments on both driver and passenger sides. I am assuming one of these is the battery compartment? Is the other a small storage compartment or something else?

Thanks.
darrentoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:16 AM   #48

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrentoma View Post

I have a few questions if anyone would care to comment. Start with the bathroom facility. Any other photos out there? It would appear the shower area now has it's separate stall? Is there any kind of cabinetry to store those personal and toiletry items? And any info on tank sizes for black, grey and fresh water tanks? Much of the info shown on the website would appear to be outdated and pertinent to the original 5.0.

Also there is mention on the website that the 'U' shaped dinette is not available - yet I think there is a photo somewhere that it is. Is the 'U' shaped dinette an available option with the new 5.0?

One last question relates to exterior compartments. I am assuming the driver side upper middle one is the fresh water fill -- would that be correct? And if so there are two other forward compartments on both driver and passenger sides. I am assuming one of these is the battery compartment? Is the other a small storage compartment or something else?

Thanks.
I'll answer what I can, don't have mine yet.
30 Gal Fresh, 30 Gal Grey, 28-30 Gal Black

The bathroom is an all in one marine job, no separate shower. There is no cabinetry in the bathroom.

Batteries are under the dinette bench, no outside access, I believe on the passengers side. The pictures I see have 1 opening on the passenger side just forward of the door (general storage), I don't have a picture of the drivers side but know of one for access to the inside of the dinette bench, more general storage. 2 more out front, lower one is propane, the upper is yet more general storage. There may be a couple more small ones for utilities on the drivers side.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The small one on the drivers side front is to get to the electric landing gear. The two small ones on the front are for the hand crank if the electrics fail on the landing gear. Not, for beer taps like I thought
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:01 AM   #50

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Having looked at the new 5th TA real hard at the rally, this I can say. As Donna says, the little compartments on the side is to access the landing gear. The compartments in front is propane and the upper is for storage. There is compartments inside under 2 steps for items. The bath is the same size as the 19' Escape. The upper kitchen compartments are huge, in that they extend open all the way to the roof. For the those vertically challenged people, one will need a step stool to access kitchen overheads and they would serve better if compartmentalized. I'm afraid someone will fill them with pots and pans and make the unit top heavy. I believe the "U" dinette in still an option. It is really tall inside, I could not touch the ceiling.
I'm leaning towards keeping "BlackJack" as it fits our needs easily.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #51

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm leaning towards keeping "BlackJack" as it fits our needs easily.
So you have at least thought about upgrading again. Our 19 fits our needs rather well but I sure like the look of the new 5 TA. Hopefully I will see one in person someday.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #52

Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
Can one reach the bottom part of the galley kitchen cupboards without a stool - or is it just the higher cabinets above the microwave type?
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #53

Thanks for the replies - they are very helpful.

Just a little conflicting opinions about the two compartments at the front on both sides. There is the possibility of
a. both being the electric switch to raise and lower jacks so they would act independently.
OR
b. that the passenger side is a small storage compartment and the drivers side is access to the electric jack switch that runs both jacks in sync at the same time.

Does anyone know which it is for sure (a or b?). And also back to the battery compartment question - does anyone know if that under dinette bench storage has enough room for 2-6Volts?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #54

Quote:
Just a little conflicting opinions about the two compartments at the front on both sides. There is the possibility of
b. that the passenger side is a small storage compartment and the drivers side is access to the electric jack switch that runs both jacks in sync at the same time.
The motors of the jacks are on top of each jack assembly. I believe that a hatch on each side is required for service access (in case that is ever required), regardless of the switch location.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The motors of the jacks are on top of each jack assembly. I believe that a hatch on each side is required for service access (in case that is ever required), regardless of the switch location.
Thanks. That makes sense ... always had manual jacks - I think I get it now. So, really it would seem the only exterior storage is that large one in the front above the propane tanks. That one in it's self looks pretty impressive though.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #56

Quote:
So, really it would seem the only exterior storage is that large one in the front above the propane tanks.
Build photos from Vicki and Padlin (in post #282 and post #253 of of It's Friday!) show a hatch on the curb side at the rear. I assume that this is the optional "Exterior Access Hatch (Rear Passenger Side)" for access to the area under the dinette seat.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #57

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
2 more out front, lower one is propane
Will 30lb propane tanks fit in the TA without door/storage area modifications? Just need to modify the hold down arrangement?
Old 06-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #58

Quote:
Build photos from Vicki and Padlin (in post #282 and post #253 of of It's Friday!) show a hatch on the curb side at the rear. I assume that this is the optional "Exterior Access Hatch (Rear Passenger Side)" for access to the area under the dinette seat.
That would be very nice. But someone mentioned the battery bank is located here - perhaps that is separate and this is extra? That would be sweet!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:44 AM   #59

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Correct, I'm under the impression the batteries are on the other side.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:13 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargeezer View Post
Back from the weigh scales... Hope the following info may be helpful to some...
Weighed at Scales (Without Trailer)... Full Tank of Gas
Front Axle: 1,450 kg (3,197 lbs
Rear Axle: 1,220 kg (2,579 lbs)

TV & Trailer
Front Axle: 1,440 kg (3,175 lbs
Rear Axle (TV): 1,510 kg (3,329 lbs)
Trailer Axles: 1,510 kg (3,329 lbs)
I was reviewing 5.0TA weight reports, and found this thread again. Something didn't seem right about the numbers, so I checked the conversions... and there is one error in the kilogram to pound conversions which caused later errors. 1220 kg (the truck's rear axle w/o the trailer) is 2,690 pounds, not 2,579 pounds. B.C. scales display in kilograms, so I assume that the kg value is correct. That means that this later post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
Your truck axles W/O the trailer add up to 5776 lbs; the truck axles with the trailer add up to 6504 lbs for a pin weight of 728 lbs. Your trailer axles are 3329 lbs so this would mean that the trailer weighs 4057 dry ...... this sounds like a lot.
... has the right logic but the wrong values.
Corrected:
total truck axles w/o trailer = 1450 kg + 1220 kg = 2670 kg or 5886 lb
total truck axles w trailer = 1440 kg + 1510 kg = 2950 kg or 6504 lb
so pin weight = 2950 kg - 2570 kg = 280 kg or 617 lb
and total trailer weight = 1510 kg + 280 kg = 1790 kg or 3946 lb
It's not a huge change in total weight, but it's all in the pin weight, and the difference is significant there.