"The Big Easy" Has Landed... - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I can see and tell that a lot of thought went into that superb combo you have created. Congrats on making the "BigEasy"…..it is beautiful.
ps...it was also a good movie!

Old 05-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #42

Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
Is it possible to get a few measurements on the 5TA
- what is the size of the pantry cupboard beside the fridge? Does it come with a shelf?
- what is the size of the wardrobe? What is the distance between the rod to the bottom of closet?
- what is the distance from the top of the mattress to the oak board running across
The top above your head?
What is the height in the bed loft from the floor to the higher apart of the ceiling?

Thanks

'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Great looking trailer... only have a year to wait!
2005 Border Collie - "Guinness"
jaerikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #44

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefttee View Post
On ETI's home page, 5.0 shows 2620 lbs dry weight, 9' high, and 19'6" long. Real numbers from Tammy this week show a height of 9' 7" and length of 21' 2".
As Baglo pointed out, the entire Overview, Specifications, and Features panels of the The Escape 5.0TA page are for the original 5.0, not the 5.0 TA. The Plan A pictures are for the 5.0 TA; I don't know about the Options or Accessories.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #45

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
These photos are for Chapitre. Here are the corner shelves that ETI put in for me. The dimensions are 8.5 inches wide, 6 inches deep, and a 5 inch drop.

These are perfect for phones, lights, reading glass, small alarm clock or whatever.

We love them.

Todd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bed Area Driver Side.jpg (154.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Bed Area Passenger Side.jpg (185.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Bed Area Passenger Side 2.jpg (135.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Dinnett Passenger Side.jpg (190.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Dinnett Passenger Side 2.jpg (230.1 KB, 23 views)
itoddday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Larry, did you notice ETI is featuring Big Easy on the 5.0TA page of their website? The Escape 5.0TA

Click on the Plan A pictures tab.

Cool beans!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:49 AM   #47

Trailer: 1996 Frontier 5th (22')
Congratulations to OP - the Big Easy is a wonderful unit!

We presently own a 22' Frontier built in the mid 90's by Peak Manufacturing in North Battleford, Sask who made some very good trailers back in the day. The original 5.0 caught my attention a couple years ago and we stopped in and visited Tammy last spring when driving back from Oregon on Vacation. While showing us an original 5.0 she mentioned that a larger TA version was on the drawing board. We have been waiting for some visible evidence of what this unit will be and here we have it. We know that some day down the road we are going to have to replace our Frontier. To this point we have been a bit stumped -- but I am really liking what I see from photos of Big Easy and other pics I have seen on other threads so far.

I have a few questions if anyone would care to comment. Start with the bathroom facility. Any other photos out there? It would appear the shower area now has it's separate stall? Is there any kind of cabinetry to store those personal and toiletry items? And any info on tank sizes for black, grey and fresh water tanks? Much of the info shown on the website would appear to be outdated and pertinent to the original 5.0.

Also there is mention on the website that the 'U' shaped dinette is not available - yet I think there is a photo somewhere that it is. Is the 'U' shaped dinette an available option with the new 5.0?

One last question relates to exterior compartments. I am assuming the driver side upper middle one is the fresh water fill -- would that be correct? And if so there are two other forward compartments on both driver and passenger sides. I am assuming one of these is the battery compartment? Is the other a small storage compartment or something else?

Thanks.
darrentoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #48

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrentoma View Post

I have a few questions if anyone would care to comment. Start with the bathroom facility. Any other photos out there? It would appear the shower area now has it's separate stall? Is there any kind of cabinetry to store those personal and toiletry items? And any info on tank sizes for black, grey and fresh water tanks? Much of the info shown on the website would appear to be outdated and pertinent to the original 5.0.

Also there is mention on the website that the 'U' shaped dinette is not available - yet I think there is a photo somewhere that it is. Is the 'U' shaped dinette an available option with the new 5.0?

One last question relates to exterior compartments. I am assuming the driver side upper middle one is the fresh water fill -- would that be correct? And if so there are two other forward compartments on both driver and passenger sides. I am assuming one of these is the battery compartment? Is the other a small storage compartment or something else?

Thanks.
I'll answer what I can, don't have mine yet.
30 Gal Fresh, 30 Gal Grey, 28-30 Gal Black

The bathroom is an all in one marine job, no separate shower. There is no cabinetry in the bathroom.

Batteries are under the dinette bench, no outside access, I believe on the passengers side. The pictures I see have 1 opening on the passenger side just forward of the door (general storage), I don't have a picture of the drivers side but know of one for access to the inside of the dinette bench, more general storage. 2 more out front, lower one is propane, the upper is yet more general storage. There may be a couple more small ones for utilities on the drivers side.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The small one on the drivers side front is to get to the electric landing gear. The two small ones on the front are for the hand crank if the electrics fail on the landing gear. Not, for beer taps like I thought
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #50
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Having looked at the new 5th TA real hard at the rally, this I can say. As Donna says, the little compartments on the side is to access the landing gear. The compartments in front is propane and the upper is for storage. There is compartments inside under 2 steps for items. The bath is the same size as the 19' Escape. The upper kitchen compartments are huge, in that they extend open all the way to the roof. For the those vertically challenged people, one will need a step stool to access kitchen overheads and they would serve better if compartmentalized. I'm afraid someone will fill them with pots and pans and make the unit top heavy. I believe the "U" dinette in still an option. It is really tall inside, I could not touch the ceiling.
I'm leaning towards keeping "BlackJack" as it fits our needs easily.