Update on 2107 production dates? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-08-2016, 09:31 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
What is the adage about "Time is money"
Old 04-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #22

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Suggestion: 19: get normal dinette (not u shape) in back without ETI table (smooth floor). Raise first part benches the thickness of the table, so when table (remaining 24" of bench) comes down, it fits to make smooth bench surface. Creating your u shape, and in the mean time giving you leg room when table is up. Order cushion in the following configuration: 2 smaller ones for first part (to use when table is up), and separate ones for when the table is in the bench position. For the dining table: go with a foldable one from the store or even custom made, that is easy to move.
To hang the table over the whole width should not be a problem as it also gets done for cots.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:58 AM   #23

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
There is a $200.00 charge if trailer is ordered & change in model or date is made per the contract I received. Just an FYI. Julie
Actually, that is only true if you have locked down your build sheet. And you don't have to do that until right before your build date.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0TA
Probably not much help but I was told if I ordered a 5.0TA on April 1, I would probably get it in January but, depending on demand, could be February or March.
Apparently, their new facility is not ready and ETI doesn't want to commit.
I'm sure this really cleared things up for you.
algonquin50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:05 AM   #25

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
My problem with both the 19 and the 21 is I need a specific 24" wide, work table/counter.
The gal that does the Sarandipity blog had some photos of the stunning revamp she did in her trailer, a 17B. One of which was a fold down table in front of the door. Granted, it's a different trailer than what you're thinking of, but it might give you some ideas.

Be prepared to drool like crazy over her renovations! I'm in serious lust over what she did.

“Egg” Renovations Finished! – Sarandipity Travels

Add to Anti-Banner
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:47 PM   #26
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Suggestion: 19: get normal dinette (not u shape).
I agree. We got the u-shaped dinette as I love that arrangement. In hindsight, I wouldn't do it again as the table is too small if we have to be inside. Usually the weather is cooperative and we can be outside. The one thing I do like about the u-shaped is that we remove the table and use it as a lounge area.
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
I agree. We got the u-shaped dinette as I love that arrangement. In hindsight, I wouldn't do it again as the table is too small if we have to be inside. Usually the weather is cooperative and we can be outside. The one thing I do like about the u-shaped is that we remove the table and use it as a lounge area.
We are getting the U-shaped on our upcoming 19. I actually like the idea of a smaller table, seems like it would be easier to store "somewhere" when we are using it as a lounge area, which will be a good deal of the time. Where do you store yours?
Old 04-08-2016, 02:44 PM   #28

Trailer: pondering.....
these 19 vs 21 threads are interesting to this newbie soon to be rv trailer owner..when trying to decide just what the proper trailer length was and what I was willing to leave behind to fit in it...walking one day a Jayco Seismic triple (3) wheel trailer passed by and I said ...wow I could fit the whole lab in there!...but then I realized the whole reason for this rv trailer idea for me was to leave the rat race behind and enjoy what's left in life and as many sunsets as I could.....
the Escape 19 from a size standpoint should get the job done for me.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:53 PM   #29

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Actually, that is only true if you have locked down your build sheet. And you don't have to do that until right before your build date.

My sheet says "Deadline for confirmation is March 9 2016" and my delivery date is June 9 2016 so looks like it is three months before unless they have changed that in the interim.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughharden View Post
My sheet says "Deadline for confirmation is March 9 2016" and my delivery date is June 9 2016 so looks like it is three months before unless they have changed that in the interim.
That is correct, 3 months out. Our build date is August 3rd, deadline for confirmation was May 3rd. We had already gone ahead and locked ours down though when the prices of some of the options went up, so we did have to pay the $200 charge for the model change.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:03 PM   #31

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
New update posted on production schedule!!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #32

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
Are you dissatisified with the Artic Fox? We are thinking of moving from our 17 B to the Artic Fox 1685 for its winter capabilities.
I have heard that no rv is perfect, and our Artic Fox fifthwheel has had a number of issues that has left me a little disappointed. Most were caused by poor craftmanship by the various installers. But, that being said, I would consider buying another. For the $$ we spent, it sufficed. Just don't go into one expecting it to be as all season as they boast. Ours was pretty drafty.
Ros
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:13 PM   #33
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
We are getting the U-shaped on our upcoming 19. I actually like the idea of a smaller table, seems like it would be easier to store "somewhere" when we are using it as a lounge area, which will be a good deal of the time. Where do you store yours?
We usually store the table in our vehicle and the 'legs' on the shelf above the seating area. One reason I would prefer a non-u-shaped seating arrangement is that when using the area for eating, we typically bump the table and coffee spills--especially when the one and four year old grandkids are visiting. If it were against the wall we would likely have less of an 'oops'--but I am not sure. All this said, we love our trailer and wouldn't trade it for the world. We are getting ready for a Spring full of adventures and moving that fun into Summer and Fall. You can't go wrong with whatever you choose! We've had such fun memories already!

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hummmm, what is under the bed in the 19'? I know about the stuff under the dinette benches on the 21'. I think you may be expecting the entire back end of the trailer to be open except for your table? If so, don't think that will happen. Several of us have wanted a "living room" where we could put a Bark-O-Lounger, and Reace has stated the cabinetry is needed to keep the back end of the trailer from getting "floppy."
Actually Donna I am wanting the 19 to have a big bench dinette where the big bed currently lies. This dinette would have 2 bench seats, 60 inches wide. I would want the dinette cushions to be 4 individual seat cushions and 4 individual back cushions approx. 30 inches each.
Then my plan is to remove one set of cushions from the back end of each bench. This would make the front half of the dinette a two-person dinette, and the back 30 inches would be the bare tops of the back floor benchs. Having this bare would allow the possibility of doored cubicle units to sit flat on top and support the work table /counter, as well as hide tools and supplies needed as I work. While the front two person dinette would remain as a dinette with a removable pedestal table.
My work stool would roll between the two benches, and under the work table when I am not working.

I would have the current front dinette made into a permenant bed.

I know, big "wants"........ and dreams.
😊
But I am prepared and would understand if Reace and Tammy tell me it cannot happen. But until then, I will continue to draw my sketches to show that it can!
Ros
Old 04-08-2016, 04:42 PM   #35

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
This certainly could be modded pretty close to what you're describing. All the utils are in the front half of the drivers side bench on the 19, and the rest is clear. The only question I would see is whether Reace wants to do it. We already know they can flop the floor plan on the 19 with permanent bed up front and dinette in the back, so all you are adding is a small removable dinette table at the front of the rear dinette and your work table across the rear part of the dinette. If ETI says no on the custom stuff on the rear dinette, go to a van customization shop and have them do it after you get the trailer. They do that kind of stuff all the time.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #36
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
Actually Donna I am wanting the 19 to have a big bench dinette where the big bed currently lies. This dinette would have 2 bench seats, 60 inches wide. I would want the dinette cushions to be 4 individual seat cushions and 4 individual back cushions approx. 30 inches each.

Then my plan is to remove one set of cushions from the back end of each bench. This would make the front half of the dinette a two-person dinette, and the back 30 inches would be the bare tops of the back floor benchs. Having this bare would allow the possibility of doored cubicle units to sit flat on top and support the work table /counter, as well as hide tools and supplies needed as I work. While the front two person dinette would remain as a dinette with a removable pedestal table.

My work stool would roll between the two benches, and under the work table when I am not working.

I would have the current front dinette made into a permenant bed.

I know, big "wants"........ and dreams.

[emoji4]

But I am prepared and would understand if Reace and Tammy tell me it cannot happen. But until then, I will continue to draw my sketches to show that it can!

Ros

Not really that radical. Just changing from a permanent bed to a conventional dinette would probably work fine.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #37

Here is my vision....

Click image for larger version

Name:	1460152640370.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	15851

Hope this works.
I am sending this off my cell phone.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #38
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Ros, now I have a better idea of what you're describing. Seems doable to me. If not by ETI as others have said, surely another business could do it for you if you can't do it yourself.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ros, now I have a better idea of what you're describing. Seems doable to me. If not by ETI as others have said, surely another business could do it for you if you can't do it yourself.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #40

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
If not ordering sight unseen is being a chicken, I'm scratching the dirt along with ya! The alternative of spending $30K before you see it is scarier! Don't forget the used market, stick a want ad here after you look at another owners 19/21 thru the owner show network.
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote