Update on 2107 production dates? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2016, 08:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
Update on 2107 production dates?

Anyone know what the 2017 production dates are at this point? I cannot order until I visit ETI on the 23rd ( toying between 19 and 21). I am nervously wondering what dates I may be looking at as options.
Website hasn't been updated since 04/04.
Thanks
Ros
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
If your only holdup is 19 vs. 21 I would make a deposit for one of them then switch if need be.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #3

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
19 vs 21

Do you think they would let you do that .You might loose your space on line ? We went for a 21 for about $1000 US it is a lot bigger ,Tanks , counter ,bath etc. I wanted a 5TA
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Why not give ETI a call? I bet they are happy you do, and willing to make arrangements for your situation.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
If your only holdup is 19 vs. 21 I would make a deposit for one of them then switch if need be.
Rossue, while I applaud those who have ordered without ever stepping into an Escape, , I am a full blown chicken!
So I will be returning home to Seattle for two weeks, during which I have an ETI tour scheduled.
At that time I hope to discuss the modifications I will need in whichever one I choose. If those mods are even possible? And if the smaller 19 can suffice my fulltiming needs? If not, will the 21 allow me to easily fit into remote locations?
So I am counting down the days until I can touch one.

Ros
Old 04-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
Rossue, while I applaud those who have ordered without ever stepping into an Escape, , I am a full blown chicken!
So I will be returning home to Seattle for two weeks, during which I have an ETI tour scheduled.
At that time I hope to discuss the modifications I will need in whichever one I choose. If those mods are even possible? And if the smaller 19 can suffice my fulltiming needs? If not, will the 21 allow me to easily fit into remote locations?

Ros
I can fully understand holding off on ordering until you see them in person. But, one thing that can ease any anxiety about the decision is the realization that it's pretty much risk free. If you decide later that the trailer isn't the one for you, you can turn around and sell it basically for what you paid for it. People will be lining up to buy it, trust me. We've even received offers at campgrounds. We're thrilled with ours, but it's nice to know they're in such high demand that if circumstances change, there's no problem.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Say you order a 19 and get whatever the first available build date is. Then you see the 21 and want to change your order. It seems to me the worst that could happen is your build date is revised to whatever is the first available for the 21 at that time. If you see the 21 and DON'T want to change, then you're a couple of weeks ahead of the game. Or vice versa.

Assuming you are sure you want one or the other, it makes sense to me to order the one you think is the most likely, and then follow through on your tour/visit, to verify your choice.

Good luck with it!!
Old 04-07-2016, 10:52 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
If I were fulltiming, I would want a 21'. Of course, that is me. There are fulltimers in 16's and 17's. If you have the choice and the tow vehicle and can afford it, I would recommend the 21'. It gives you a little more counter and storage and bath space. Unless you just have to have the queen bed of the 19', which some do.

The difference in length is one foot eight inches so not really a difference for remote locations. Your TV and trailer will likely exceed 40' so that is a small percentage.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:52 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
The length difference between the 19' and 21' models isn't huge, but the 21' is also wider (by 10 cm or 4 inches) and more than 500 pounds heavier... that might be more significant in operation than the length. With quite different floor plans, I can see having a challenge with the choice.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:59 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Ros,
I'm assuming from info you have so far, that you'll be a solo full-timer at least initially.
Both the 19 and 21 have more than sufficient storage and really more than you should need for minimalist full-time experience. Again, I'm assuming if you wanted a less minimalist approach with more space you'd just keep the arctic fox. Sounds more to me like you're kinda wanting to get away from drudgery, make things easier, commune with nature and paint.

For us personally, we always lean towards "less is more" when approaching full-time planning. We're also not getting any younger. Less to maintain, less to tow, less to maneuver, and less temptation to take way too much stuff. Just the difference washing and waxing the 19 vs my ol Scamp 13 is huge, almost too much to be honest. The difference washing and waxing a 21 vs a 19 takes more effort and I don't even want to personally tackle washing and waxing a 5.0 TA. This is just me (I don't look forward to washing/waxing can you tell but I do it on schedule) and others may enjoy spending more time caring for larger trailers, but I want as minimal time, effort, and money spent maintaining the trailer as possible. We will be full-timing in a few years in the 19 and we wanted as small as possible while not sacrificing comfort.

You'll get responses all over the spectrum on this topic and none are wrong. You just have to really figure out which approach is right for you, then go that way.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:06 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
We ordered our 19 without seeing one. We saw a 19 and a 21 in South Carolina last December. We were happy with our decision since my wife really wanted a queen bed. Of course who do you think is going to get the outside. I don't want to start a 19 versus 21 thread though I have read enough on that subject.
We plan on using our trailer about half the year (the cold time in Alaska) We take delivery this July and I can hardly wait.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:59 AM   #12

Wow!...... I love this forum!
So many ideas that make me pause, step back, and think.
My problem with both the 19 and the 21 is I need a specific 24" wide, work table/counter.
How I place them differs in both sizes.
Either way, this table would need to go along the back wall, under the back window. As that would typically give a better creative visual, than the front view out of the trailer. Hopefully, I can have it span the whole width of the back wall for a "smooth" flow.
So the 19 would lose the luxury bed and become a dinette ( minus all table floor brackets so my work stool on wheels doesn't get stuck ).
I also "want" this work table/counter to match the kitchen counter. (What can I say?.. I like uniform ) but I am not sure ETI will make it for me. (More laminate work )
Then there is the question of what will support that table/counter? Will ETI put reinforced lineal supports ( envision chair rail ) along around back wall and around the back 2 feet of both side walls that I can raise the work table/counter up on?
Will total weight of my "wants" drastically change the trailer?
Can I configure this table/counter to be able to be moved off the chair rail supports, and laid down to become the back cushion-padded bench seat of a U-dinette when not needed?
Can I slide a height adjustable stool under the work table/counter without falling off a raised floor?
So many "wants" "needs" and "what ifs?"
And I still haven't figured out a table to eat at.

Then there is the 21?......
Since the heater is no longer under the bed, can I have a L-shaped base along the outside and front wall created instead?
I will place on this base a twin mattress (on the long part of the L) , and use the short part (over the black tank) as a side table of sorts.
I would also need the current short dresser with counter to be changed to floor to ceiling storage.

Is everyone tired of reading my "wants"?

Now, if I had a home with a garage and tools, I would do a lot of my "wants" by myself, but since I won't have that luxury, I can only present my ideas to Reace and hope he can make them happen.

Whew! A brain that thinks too much is exhausting! 😩

So on the 23rd I will tour, talk, and choose.

I will not have a tow vehicle. But I am leaning towards getting a truck so I can carry my kayak.
So other than my own personal comfort in what I feel I can live with, AND fit into the crazy corners of this beautiful world, it should be easy.
Right?
Ros

Ps..... My idea sketches will be presented to ETI during my visit. Will make all my "wants" visually easier to understand.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:44 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Quote:

Ros
Are you dissatisified with the Artic Fox? We are thinking of moving from our 17 B to the Artic Fox 1685 for its winter capabilities.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:29 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
We currently full time in a 17' Casita and chose the 21' Escape because we wanted the dining area, the bigger kitchen and love the storage space!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:34 AM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Either way, this table would need to go along the back wall, under the back window. As that would typically give a better creative visual, than the front view out of the trailer. Hopefully, I can have it span the whole width of the back wall for a "smooth" flow.
Hummmm, what is under the bed in the 19'? I know about the stuff under the dinette benches on the 21'. I think you may be expecting the entire back end of the trailer to be open except for your table? If so, don't think that will happen. Several of us have wanted a "living room" where we could put a Bark-O-Lounger, and Reace has stated the cabinetry is needed to keep the back end of the trailer from getting "floppy."
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:48 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hummmm, what is under the bed in the 19'? I know about the stuff under the dinette benches on the 21'. I think you may be expecting the entire back end of the trailer to be open except for your table? If so, don't think that will happen. Several of us have wanted a "living room" where we could put a Bark-O-Lounger, and Reace has stated the cabinetry is needed to keep the back end of the trailer from getting "floppy."
Yes, I agree, Escape can only make certain changes, but that choice is limited and prevents interior structural components from removal is the reason for that decision. I know of other fiberglass companies that will make a shell, but I do not think Escape will do that. A custom table may have to be made after purchase but not by removing key support items.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:38 AM   #17

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
We ordered a 17B sight un-seen last year, build date August 3rd of this year. When we finally saw a 17B for the first time last weekend, we decided that the 19 would work better for us. So on Monday, I sent a simple email to the folks at ETI asking to change from the 17B to the 19. They said sure, no problem. So you definitely have plenty of time to change your mind. And as long as they have not started production on your unit, changing is a very simple process.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:22 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The water heater and pump are on the drivers side, which would necessitate a bench, or some kind of cover there.

Ros, would not a standard dinette setup work, you could sit at either side. Maybe use a folding type table that moves side to side like the Dicor. Just throwing other ideas out there. I sure would hate to give up the bench storage.

Click on image for link

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:04 AM   #19

Trailer: 2018 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
There is a $200.00 charge if trailer is ordered & change in model or date is made per the contract I received. Just an FYI. Julie
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #20

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
There is a $200.00 charge if trailer is ordered & change in model or date is made per the contract I received. Just an FYI. Julie
On the other hand, if you don't order and ETI "sells out" their entire production run, you could have to wait another year to order, just to save a couple hundred bucks.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote