Video with new Escape President - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 08:10 AM   #41

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I wasn't aware that this was an issue. A few screws, a couple of electrical connections and undo the easily accessible gas line. How much easier could it be?

The opening cut-out was a bit snug, but a bit of wiggle and jiggle and out it came.

Ron
I had some work done on my refrigerator . The tech pulled the refrigerator , did his tests , and put the refrigerator back in place in under 30 minutes
Leads me to believe it’s not that difficult of a project if you know how it’s done .
Old 12-06-2019, 09:52 AM   #42

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Karl: Would you be gracious enough to provide your thoughts on offering or installing the Houghton Belaire A/C unit. Would you install it if an owner arranged for one to be sent to you from Advanced RV? Offering a quieter A/C could be a game changer for you especially as you look to expand your sales in hotter and more humid parts of the U.S.
Please watch this
Old 12-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #43

Quote:
As a frugal ( Read CHEAP ) pragmatist I would go along with a quieter A/C if there was no additional upcharge or unnecessary complication of the system .
The use of our trailer’s A/C is very limited and since our current A/C is fairly quiet , the cost / benefit ratio may not work for us .

If Escape is willing to offer a different heating / cooling system as an option that’s great
If the optional system functioned more efficiently or was more reliable I would give it serious consideration especially considering the reliability of the present system
If all that is gained is lowering the noise level a couple of decibels then count me out !!
Old 12-06-2019, 11:04 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
As a frugal ( Read CHEAP ) pragmatist I would go along with a quieter A/C if there was no additional upcharge or unnecessary complication of the system .
The use of our trailer’s A/C is very limited and since our current A/C is fairly quiet , the cost / benefit ratio may not work for us .

If Escape is willing to offer a different heating / cooling system as an option that’s great
If the optional system functioned more efficiently or was more reliable I would give it serious consideration especially considering the reliability of the present system
If all that is gained is lowering the noise level a couple of decibels then count me out !!
You have unrealistic expectations that a clearly better designed and manufactured unit isn't going to cost more than a basic crap Dometic A/C. Most of the time you get what you pay for. Just because you rarely use your A/C doesn't mean anything for those of us that live and camp in warmer areas. If you watch the video you will see that the noise reduction is on the order of 10-15dB compared to a "standard" unit. Since sound is logarithmic that is a 3-5x reduction in noise. It's also reported to be 20% more efficient. Based on the quality of manufacturing that is highlighted in one of their other videos it stands to reason that it is reliable. People buying a Mercedes Sprinter and then having it fit out by Advanced RV are paying big bucks and they expect everything to work. They wouldn't be using something they weren't comfortable with. I agree that due to the add'l cost and limited benefit to some that Escape providing this an option versus a "standard" unit or just agreeing to install it would be the best route.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #45

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
I believe that for a total fridge replacement in the 2nd gen 21's the entire door assembly of the trailer has to be removed to get the fridge out.
I believe it is the 1st G's narrow door that presented the issue to Escape and limited their options. The 2ndG standard door size allowed Escape to install a better unit that was available but would not fit the 1st G door opening size.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I believe it is the 1st G's narrow door that presented the issue to Escape and limited their options. The 2ndG standard door size allowed Escape to install a better unit that was available but would not fit the 1st G door opening size.
And I have found removing the door on the refrigerator will work before going through the door any times . Also have found many other applications including compressor refrigerators . I am no longer worried about having to replace our refrigerator. There are many options out there for us . Pat
Old 12-06-2019, 01:39 PM   #47

Quote:
You have unrealistic expectations that a clearly better designed and manufactured unit isn't going to cost more than a basic crap Dometic A/C. Most of the time you get what you pay for. Just because you rarely use your A/C doesn't mean anything for those of us that live and camp in warmer areas. If you watch the video you will see that the noise reduction is on the order of 10-15dB compared to a "standard" unit. Since sound is logarithmic that is a 3-5x reduction in noise. It's also reported to be 20% more efficient. Based on the quality of manufacturing that is highlighted in one of their other videos it stands to reason that it is reliable. People buying a Mercedes Sprinter and then having it fit out by Advanced RV are paying big bucks and they expect everything to work. They wouldn't be using something they weren't comfortable with. I agree that due to the add'l cost and limited benefit to some that Escape providing this an option versus a "standard" unit or just agreeing to install it would be the best route.
You and I can debate this subject forever and we will both end up where we started
I can barely hear the Dometic A/C on my 2018 Escape when it’s running so if a different A/C was to be quieter then for me it would have to be totally silent.
If you think the increased cost of a different A/C has value then we have no argument
I expect my furnace to heat when I need heat , my A/C to cool when I need cooling and my thermostat to function properly and control the temperature within a reasonable variation
I have no other demands or expectations beyond that
I’ve said all I am going to say on this subject , right now my only goal is to get my present system to function at some reasonable and reliable level
YMMV !!
Old 12-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #48

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:

A good summation of the reality of the situation.

It will be interesting to see if our Dumbmetic furnace fails us again this winter. The sail switch failed us four times in our first 120 nights. Zero failures since then (now 198 nights). Will it continue to be failure free? Only time will tell. If failure free, then we'll speculate why!

Perry
Old 12-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It will be interesting to see if our Dumbmetic furnace fails us again this winter. The sail switch failed us four times in our first 120 nights. Zero failures since then (now 198 nights). Will it continue to be failure free? Only time will tell. If failure free, then we'll speculate why!

I planned ahead and purchased an extra sail switch to carry with me, that way it was a sure thing that I would not need it........
Old 12-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
You and I can debate this subject forever and we will both end up where we started
I can barely hear the Dometic A/C on my 2018 Escape when it’s running so if a different A/C was to be quieter then for me it would have to be totally silent.
If you think the increased cost of a different A/C has value then we have no argument
I expect my furnace to heat when I need heat , my A/C to cool when I need cooling and my thermostat to function properly and control the temperature within a reasonable variation
I have no other demands or expectations beyond that
I’ve said all I am going to say on this subject , right now my only goal is to get my present system to function at some reasonable and reliable level
YMMV !!
You are right that it is pointless to debate this topic with someone that finds no value in items that are better designed. As a mechanical engineer much of my time is spent trying to find better equipment and better ways to build and operate systems so I guess we are coming from different perspectives. I just wish that some could widen their view and see that quieter and more efficient equipment could be a huge benefit for a large number of owners in warmer climates that are tired of the same antiquated equipment that continues to be offered.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:33 PM   #51

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post

I planned ahead and purchased an extra sail switch to carry with me, that way it was a sure thing that I would not need it........
We received an extra switch under warranty from Dometic and purchased one of the new, improved switches with the cover that David found out doesn't fit properly, but the switch is the same. Then when you add in our Buddy and Martin heaters, at least we shouldn't be cold at night again. We'll see though.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 12-06-2019, 07:19 PM   #52

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
You are right that it is pointless to debate this topic with someone that finds no value in items that are better designed. As a mechanical engineer much of my time is spent trying to find better equipment and better ways to build and operate systems so I guess we are coming from different perspectives. I just wish that some could widen their view and see that quieter and more efficient equipment could be a huge benefit for a large number of owners in warmer climates that are tired of the same antiquated equipment that continues to be offered.
Wow Dave a mechanical engineer ! No wonder you always think outside the box ! Yes the ac is horrible especially if trying to sleep. Many times as someone else mentioned have to turn it off to sleep. We installed a fan in bed area and open window . It sure would be nice if something better was designed for our RV ‘s . I see all over the World the mini split is what is used not our ac . Maybe the new owners will listen and offer newer ac ‘s . Pat
Old 12-07-2019, 09:46 AM   #53

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I think we've exhausted this thread, it's closed.
Closed Thread