What measurements do you want on the 2017 21? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2016, 12:50 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
p.s. could you please measure the outside "track" of the wheels?
Not sure what you mean by the track. Do you want the measurement from the outside of one tire to the outside of the other tire? Yeah, I can probably do that.

Just got an email from Sarah and she's thinking it'll be done by the end of this month and that she'll keep me posted.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Not sure what you mean by the track. Do you want the measurement from the outside of one tire to the outside of the other tire?
yes, indeed.

thanks
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #23

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
... i know the frame is 4" wider, and thus the wheels will have a bit wider stance as well.
I thought the information from Escape was that the width across the tires is increased by the same amount as the frame width, but I agree that it is a good idea to get this confirmation.

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by the track. Do you want the measurement from the outside of one tire to the outside of the other tire?
Good idea to get this clarification - the industry standard measurement of track width for any vehicle is between tire centres, not outside-to-outside (which is what is needed here).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #24

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Laura, Since your going up to Chilliwack with a tape measure could you get the width of the aisle between the fridge side and the stove side cabinets. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Laura, Since your going up to Chilliwack with a tape measure could you get the width of the aisle between the fridge side and the stove side cabinets. Thanks.
35" between the sink and the fridge, 28" from the bathroom to the closet. I am comparing these measuements to those in the Oliver Elite trailer.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:09 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You do realize the Oliver is a lot narrower than the Escapes....
Old 06-08-2016, 07:37 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yeah... a Casita on steroids.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #28

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
35" between the sink and the fridge, 28" from the bathroom to the closet. I am comparing these measuements to those in the Oliver Elite trailer.
Yardsale,

Thanks , but where did the measurements come from? You have a 17B, I've ordered a 21 and as everyone mentions the frame is wider along with the top and bottom of the trailer, from the straight sides. Did the aisle get wider? Did the cabinets get bigger? I wish to know did we get more room to move or more storage? A little of both? I know in the long run it doesn't matter much, but curiosity...
Old 06-08-2016, 09:52 PM   #29

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Oliver builds two models:
  • The smaller (17 feet long) Legacy Elite is listed as 6'6" outside width, which is 78", or two inches narrower than an Escape 17' and all of the traditional moulded fiberglass travel trailers (Boler 1300, Trillium 1300 and 4500, all Scamps, all Casitas...).
  • The larger (23 feet long) Oliver Legacy Elite II is listed as 7' outside width, which is 84" or the same as an Escape 19'.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:45 AM   #30

Quote:
The smaller Oliver reports an inside diameter of 6'2", our Escape is 3 inches wider. I haven't seen an Oliver but have one report by a new Oliver owner that it feels more spacious. We'll see. There really isn't any comparison from our cold weather perspective however as great as the Escapes are, they are simply not designed for sub freezing weather. Is that feature worth an extra $10,000+? A more difficult question.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:53 AM   #31

Quote:
Yardsale,

Thanks , but where did the measurements come from? You have a 17B, I've ordered a 21 and as everyone mentions the frame is wider along with the top and bottom of the trailer, from the straight sides. Did the aisle get wider? Did the cabinets get bigger? I wish to know did we get more room to move or more storage? A little of both? I know in the long run it doesn't matter much, but curiosity...
Sorry, I don't know how I got it into my head that you were interested in the 17. I suspect you will get more circulation space and more storage in the 21 as well as improved access to the bed.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:14 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
I know the widest point on a 21' Escape is the belly band, but does anything else stick out past the belly band, such as the exterior light just above the black and grey tank drain?

we have a narrow parking space for our 2017 21'

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:01 PM   #33

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Laura, Since you're going up to Chilliwack with a tape measure could you get the width of the aisle between the fridge side and the stove side cabinets. Thanks.
Not a problem. I think this is the same measurements someone else (LosAngeles?) wanted so he'd know how wide of a runner rug he needs.

I got really smart the other day and realized I should type in all the areas I need to measure in a Word file, print it out and then all Dirk has to do is write in the numbers. That way we'll make sure we get everything measured that we need to and I won't have to stand around while he writes down what we're measuring! And we won't mention what all that waiting around will do to my severe lack of patience.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:14 PM   #34

Quote:
I know the widest point on a 21' Escape is the belly band, but does anything else stick out past the belly band, such as the exterior light just above the black and grey tank drain?
I can try for this measurement.

Just remember all measurements will be as accurate as I can make 'em, but they might be a smidge off one way or the other. Especially any outdoor measurements as I'll kind of have to eyeball what I'm lining things up to, such as the exact width of the trailer.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:22 PM   #35
Art

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
measurement

I would like to know the distance from the top of the mattress to the bottom of the shelf, AND to the bottom of the cabinet. Thanks in advance. I'm so excited, too.
ginger

Quote:
Once Sarah tells me the 2017 style 21 is out on the lot for viewing, I'm heading up to the factory. The very next day, if at all possible!

Since we're getting the 2017 21 footer for ourselves, I plan to take as many measurements as possible. Heck, I might even bring a step stool along so I can take photos of the top. (Hopefully it won't be raining! Dang it, just jinxed myself! )

As with the 17 and 19, I plan to take as many photos as possible of every single thing that I can think of. I plan to take measurements of every single thing I can think of.

(CPAHarley, I'll zip into the 19 and will take a full length photo of the closed bathroom door so you can see if there's a gap. What else did I miss in my other photos? Can't remember.)

What I'd like to know is what others want to know. A couple were already suggested on another thread, so I figured I'd start a separate one where I could track everyone's requests.

Please note I'm not going to do this on the other trailers. It will take gobs of time for us to do this on just the 21 and I really don't want to spend all day there measuring stuff. You'll need to ask ETI for that sort of info.

I plan to measure:

1. Inside of the cabinets (just with the door opening area as I need to know if something solid will fit in through the door) - please note I'm not going to measure the curve of the walls as that's beyond what I need to know and what I want to do while we're there

2. Raised dinette floor (height of raised area) - an actual measurement instead of my finger length like I used before

3. Floor to area where the table sits for when you make it into a bed

4. Windows (need to know for the blinds we're getting)

5. Door to outside

6. Width of outside of trailer (not sure if I can get the height, which LosAngeles requested, so don't hold your breath on that; ETI would probably be the best to ask for that measurement)

7. Medicine cabinet, including height/width of fixed shelves

What else? No need to copy this entire post in your reply. Just tell me what you want and I'll see if I can do it for ya. No guarantees, of course.

Thanks folks! I'm sssssooooo looking forward to seeing the new 21 footer!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
I would like to know the distance from the top of the mattress to the bottom of the shelf, AND to the bottom of the cabinet. Thanks in advance. I'm so excited, too.
ginger
Ginger, my question for you - are you using the mattress supplied by ETI? We're not, so I was going to measure from the bed platform. We're also not getting the shelf. But I can easily get your measurements as well as what I need.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #37

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
We're getting the standard mattress to begin with. Trying to decide if we want the shelf. Went and saw Cathy's yesterday and she pointed out that you cant sit in bed with the shelf. Thought maybe there would be room t o have it raised with just enough space for a cpap machine to fit.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:03 AM   #38

Depends on how much you sit up when reading in bed. I slump quite a bit, so there was room for me. But I didn't see any need for the shelf as I have something else planned for storage in that area, which will be revealed when we get our trailer.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:27 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
I would really like the measurement from the ground to the top of the flat part of the roof about 1' inboard on the 2017 19'. I have a roof overhang that is exactly 8' that the trailer will have to fit under, but only a few inches in, so vents / AC are not in play. This would be passenger side.

I'll probably have to call Escape to get it, but if anyone is going by there with a tape measure
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:49 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfree View Post
I would really like the measurement from the ground to the top of the flat part of the roof about 1' inboard on the 2017 19'. I have a roof overhang that is exactly 8' that the trailer will have to fit under, but only a few inches in, so vents / AC are not in play. This would be passenger side.

I'll probably have to call Escape to get it, but if anyone is going by there with a tape measure
Yeah, this is a measurement I will not be able to get for you. Plus, I'd hate to muck it up and then you'd yell at me later.