Wow - all exports temporarily suspended - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #101

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
The good news is that this shouldn't affect production or cash flow at Escape. Process has always been to pay when unit is complete and Escape stores many trailers during the winter and spring for later pickup. Very disappointing for customers who have seen delivery moving in and out due to changes at Escape. Reece & Tommy will do
everything in their power to resolve this for their customers.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:18 AM   #102

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
In case I missed it, does this apply only to new trailers?

J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #103

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
Hey GregandTeresa
Looking forward to Defeated Crk weekend and meeting you two also. Hopefully, you will be draggin the 19' behind you. If not, it will still be fun.
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #104

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
The good news is that this shouldn't affect production or cash flow at Escape. Process has always been to pay when unit is complete and Escape stores many trailers during the winter and spring for later pickup. Very disappointing for customers who have seen delivery moving in and out due to changes at Escape. Reece & Tommy will do everything in their power to resolve this for their customers.
It'll completely suck for those that have vacation time scheduled to go up there for a pick up. Or if they're on the road right now and won't find out until they actually get there. Unless they're Canadian! Then it won't matter.

I doubt they'd change any production times for the trailers, since they can be stored on their lot. Someone suggested many posts ago Canadian deliveries might be bumped up if they hold off on starting production on American deliveries. And I'm sure ETI is hoping it'll take less than 8 weeks to get resolved.

I also feel for the delivery company as this probably completely buggers up their schedule.

I can also imagine the headache for scheduling orientations once they're able to start exporting again. "Oh, sorry, you're only allowed an hour since we have 20 other trailers to get out of here" sort of situation! Doubt it would be quite like that, but one can only imagine the backlog.

It probably won't affect us since our delivery date is so late in the year and we never got an email saying it was getting moved up, like at least one other person did.

Once they get this sorted out, maybe it'll be easier for folks to register their trailers if the VIN is in the system properly. I know some folks have reported huge hassles in registering and maybe that was one of the reasons. However, who really knows as many haven't had problems.

All I know is that I still plan to head up there when Sarah tells me the 2nd Gen 21' is on display. She said it just needs some finishing touches and she'll let me know when she gets a date from production.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #105

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
now what ?

I was going up to ETI this week but no sense going up now .I think i'll wait to see how this sorts out .We have a Nov.due date and delivery to Goshen, Indiana .We are supposed to finish our build sheet by Aug .8th and pay by Oct 1st or so .I was going up there to look at new 21's and finish build sheet and pay . I hope they can sort this out it. Might just be changing Vin numbers I would think since they are going to the new 2017 models that it would be an easy fix .I would hope that the US govt.would let the one's that are built go out but no Cigar . Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #106

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight"
And I was feeling sorry for myself... : orientation and pick up was scheduled for today, but son got in car accident, broken ribs, bruised lung, etc., made us cancel and re-schedule for September. Being with you all, US escape-to-bees!! Feeling for you, for ETI, and all others affected! Hang in there!!!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #107

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Sure sounds like paranoia is alive and well in the good ol' USofA. Or, has someone has already pointed out, maybe some the US trailer manufacturers that are connected in DC are getting the screws tightened on Canadian manufacturers like ETI because they can't compete with the quality of the trailers. Either way, it's total BS. I hope it gets sorted out soon so those in the US can get their trailers.

Doug
Old 07-20-2016, 11:00 AM   #108

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L 4x4
Unless I read it wrong, it also looks like ETI will have to record what specific new tires are mounted on each new trailer (Section 574.8), and then retain those records for at least 5 years (Section 575.6), in case there is a manufacturer's safety recall on the tires. Is that new? Since each Escape camper has it's own unique build sheet, it seems like something that ETI can simply footnote on each build sheet. One more thing for ETI to have to do, but I understand the rationale behind the rule.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:03 AM   #109

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
And I was feeling sorry for myself... : orientation and pick up was scheduled for today, but son got in car accident, broken ribs, bruised lung, etc., made us cancel and re-schedule for September. Being with you all, US escape-to-bees!! Feeling for you, for ETI, and all others affected! Hang in there!!!!
Marry, So sorry to hear about your son. Wishing him a speedy recovery and counting the blessings that it wasn't worse....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:05 AM   #110

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
I hope the young fella heals quickly.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote