Wow - all exports temporarily suspended - Page 15 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #281

Trailer: 2014 19'
Interesting FAQ page. It is s complicated process but quite transparent.

https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/MfrPortal/home/faq

"" Please keep in mind that 565 submittals are required to be provided to NHTSA not later than >> 60 days prior to the first production model for sale is shipped.<< Manufacturers are asked to submit data prior to this period with enough time for review and acceptance for posting.""

With all the new 2017 models this would be a considerable workload. Looks like they got behind the 8 ball.
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:00 AM   #282

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
VIN numbers

I talked to Tammy yesterday and she said that they were getting close to getting this sorted out . Also there new building should be finished in a month or so increasing production then . They definitely have a lot on their plate
1-new 2017 models redoing the 5.0TA
2-remodeling and building
3-the VIN decoder problem with the USA

We have a 21 and it is supposed to go out with a another trailer around the 2nd of November to Goshen Indiana. BTW there is room for 1 more trailer (17or 19) on that load talk to Tammy about getting it shipped . Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #283

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Escape should post that trailer spot availability on the website....
Old 08-04-2016, 01:51 PM   #284

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Escape should post that trailer spot availability on the website....
I agree. It's curious that there is only one more space left on a November delivery trailer when there is no November delivery trailer listed on their "Delivery Schedule" web page, unless they are giving first priority to buyers who request deliver with their original order and then just post any remaining spots after that. Don't know, but I'd like to understand how this works since we will in all likelihood need to use their delivery service in the future and don't want to miss that "room for one more" notice on a delivery trailer headed this way.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:13 PM   #285

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Respectfully ....

generally speaking..... this is not directed at anyone.... but i think it is easy to suggest that ETI should do this, or ETI should do that...

but from what I see, they have many things going on, and even considering that, my experience as a client has been amazing, so far.

I read so many positive things about how they are fair, and continually striving to be better.

Big respect for ETI.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:16 PM   #286

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
FJs

Hi all
My Dad used to say
"The world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings" . It's a Robert Louis Stevenson quotation. It's unbelievable how vehicle dependability has changed over the years, many rigs will do the job, each with their own features. I will say this, you can spot them blue FJs coming at you from about 2 miles. I'd never have one for a poachermobile or a getaway car. But for watching bluebirds it would be the ultimate decoy.
Iowa, man it's muggy here today, Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #287
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
One of my favorite saying: Nothing is impossible to those that don't have to do it.

I agree with John.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #288

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Ditto. It's also easy to speculate.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #289

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Finally a little reason for hope, keep your fingers and toes crossed. Got this from Tammy last night:

Hello Everyone,

WOW!!! What an emotional week!

As some of you may know on Monday I called Coleman S., Division Chief of NHSTA. It was an interesting call and for the first time I felt as though I had been heard or listened to rather than being spoken to. I must share however, how our conversation started … ‘Yes, Tammy I know who you are. You have customers calling their Congressmen regarding your situation. Unhappy with your current situation and looking for answers…’ I responded with yes we are all looking for answers…as an end user I must say your implementation of this program is not user friendly…..

He made some suggestions which included setting up our export/import with a registered importer. However, after spending the day investigating this option I deemed it a non-viable possibility as the trailers would need to sit in a locked compound for 30 days upon import. We went back and forth regarding how this new program really does not apply to the Escape Travel Trailer which he agrees but feels he cannot do anything about.

On Tuesday, I received a call from Jin K. who is responsible for reviewing the last section of paperwork and unfortunately her call came in at 1pm (just before she went home) to tell me she would be away from the office the rest of the week. – Grrrr….

On Wednesday, one of our customers’ who has connections within NHSTA sent in some emails on our behalf and today at 2:20pm we received an email that they are now ACTIVELY working on our file. Phew! – Finally some progress.

I called my Custom Broker who has been also actively working with NHSTA advocating on our behalf (he received a request yesterday to stop emailing) said NHSTA has given him access to a portal which allows him to view who has now been deemed compliant and can begin importing again into the US. He said over the past couple of days he is beginning to see the other companies who were stopped at the same time as Escape Trailer Industries show up in the system. Our hope is that within the next day we will become part of that system.

Unfortunately, I am out of the office tomorrow but if we get the OK. We will immediately set the trailers up for import into the US and have them moving from Canada into the US.

We will notify everyone by email of any changes as soon as they happen.

Greg,

As discussed we will set your trailer up for delivery. I have spoken with the driver and he has confirmed if we receive the go ahead to begin importing the trailers he will leave here Tuesday with three trailers..

- Can you please provide me or confirm with a delivery address and cell phone number for you. The delivery address should be such that when the driver arrives with the trailer he will not interfere with the day-to-day activities in the area.

I will finalize everything on Monday when I return to the office.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:36 AM   #290

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
Sounds like things are finally starting to move GregandTeresa. Keeping fingers crossed for you guys expecting your new Escapes.
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:02 AM   #291

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Hopefully things will get rolling again soon!
Old 08-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #292

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Hat off for Tammy! Wonderful news! Hope the go ahead will be soon. Also marvelous to read ETI receiving help from an Escapee!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #293

Good to read indeed

Yes, that is definitely good to read. Glad to hear they didn't muck things up by trying to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Hat off for Tammy! Wonderful news! Hope the go ahead will be soon. Also marvelous to read ETI receiving help from an Escapee!
Old 08-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #294

Trailer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Tammy can herself, and she's working on it. We can't; all we can do is stay out of the way.
No, some us pitch in and don't stand silent Good Job guys.

"I know who you are. You have customers calling their Congressmen"

"one of our customers’ who has connections within NHSTA sent in some emails"
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #295

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
We are fortunate that we can just bide our time until this gets resolved. We have met other folks who have a limited amount of time and had to go back home without their trailers.
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:09 PM   #296

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmetz View Post
We are fortunate that we can just bide our time until this gets resolved. We have met other folks who have a limited amount of time and had to go back home without their trailers.
Really a bad deal for some. It's good that you can just be camping for a while and see the sights.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #297

Whoohoo, things are finally starting to look up. This definitely sounds promising. My latest email from Tammy:

"On Friday at 5:36pm we finally received an email asking for us to print the final copy of paperwork and provide the original ‘inked’ copies to NHSTA. They arrived at 10am EST this morning so if I understand the process properly we are now just waiting for the letter of compliance. – I will keep you posted.

As soon as I have the confirmation letter we will begin setting up export."
Old 08-08-2016, 12:31 PM   #298

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Fingers crossed. I hope this is all in the past soon.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:36 PM   #299

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Xmas is coming early this year.....
Old 08-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #300

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Sounds like the nightmare is almost over. Good news for those waiting on their trailers.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote