Wow - all exports temporarily suspended - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #121

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
And I was feeling sorry for myself... : orientation and pick up was scheduled for today, but son got in car accident, broken ribs, bruised lung, etc., made us cancel and re-schedule for September. Being with you all, US escape-to-bees!! Feeling for you, for ETI, and all others affected! Hang in there!!!!
Hope he's up and about soon.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #122

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Marry, Your son puts everything into perspective. You made the right choice to postpone. Good Fortune to you and your son!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #123

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
And I was feeling sorry for myself... : orientation and pick up was scheduled for today, but son got in car accident, broken ribs, bruised lung, etc., made us cancel and re-schedule for September. Being with you all, US escape-to-bees!! Feeling for you, for ETI, and all others affected! Hang in there!!!!

Hope he is getting better. Thoughts are with you!
Old 07-20-2016, 03:10 PM   #124

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
I was going up to ETI this week but no sense going up now. I think I'll wait to see how this sorts out. We have a Nov. due date and delivery to Goshen, Indiana.
Why do you think that? If anything, I would delay your trip until the demo model is ready, but other than that, your trip should happen. You'll be able to finish your build sheet by looking at the demo model and you can still talk to them about it. I fully expect ETI to keep producing the trailers, so your original delivery date probably won't be affected. There might be a bit of a slow down with orientations, but by the time yours is ready, that backlog will have cleared up. Plus, yours is getting delivered, so that won't affect your trailer at all, regardless of when it's finished.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #125

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Oh dear that is bad news ....sending wishes for a speedy and complete recovery .
Old 07-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #126

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Gosh ...had no idea this was going on ....hope it gets worked out quickly for all .
Old 07-20-2016, 03:28 PM   #127

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
The ability to trace products for safety and recall is also in the process of being required of smaller food companies in the US. My wife's family owns a small Italian grocery store, that also makes and distributes their own Italian sausage, along with some other wholesale food specialty products. They have historically always done everything on paper invoices, but soon will be required to be able to track every food product that they wholesale in case of a recall of that product. That means that they need to switch to computerized inventory control and bar code tracking. I never assumed that this was in any way targeted to harm their small business, but rather to extend protections of consumers in the case of contaminated products.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:46 PM   #128

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
I'd suggest everyone interested visit this site:

Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

My guess is ETI sells many trailers in the USA and 'maybe' there was a complaint, insurance claim, lawsuit, or whatever and it 'got the attention' of the NHTSA.

Looks like everything is now electronic and companies ALL must comply with the process for OUR health and safety. I'm thankful to be able to enter the VINs of all our vehicles and will get email notification of any recalls.

If you think of all the possible things that could trigger a 'suspension' like a solar panel flying off, a cracked frame, etc. that would be reported by police reports, insurance claims etc. ETI would get notified and IF they were slow at responding, or simply didn't have the drawings, plans, schematics or whatever documentation not properly signed off by the appropriate "professional", delay in mail or processing ... all could result in a suspension.

I'd guess that ETI was not 'surprised' by the suspension but may have been struggling to comply with requests. I see the 2017 model introductions has not gone as smooth as they would like. Possibly delays in this NHTSA process could have an impact on their process?

You are welcome to your opinions about the government. Personally I am thankful the NHTSA agency is forcing manufacturers to make fair and timely recalls and making the process transparent to ALL of us on the website.
Thankyou Klem . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #129

Trailer: 17
"My guess is ETI sells many trailers in the USA and 'maybe' there was a complaint, insurance claim, lawsuit, or whatever and it 'got the attention' of the NHTSA."

Sounds like a John Grisham Novel about the powerful shadow lobbying conglomerate of Scamp, Casita, snoozy ETC at work.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #130

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
I understand the need to have a standardized data base but my insurance company (Progressive) just looked up the VIN on this system and found all the information they needed.
We were schedule to pick up our trailer next month, gave notice to our jobs and our short term apartment we rented while our Escape was being built so we could go full time traveling. I hope this can be resolved quickly but the NO notice by the DOT and Customs is just another example of a government that really does care for small business. Giving Escape a reasonable amount of time to transition make a lot more sense.
Porsche Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #131

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Sorry to learn about your son..that must have been so distressing...glad it wasn't worse.
Hope he mends fast.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:19 PM   #132

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
I understand the need to have a standardized data base but my insurance company (Progressive) just looked up the VIN on this system and found all the information they needed.
We were schedule to pick up our trailer next month, gave notice to our jobs and our short term apartment we rented while our Escape was being built so we could go full time traveling. I hope this can be resolved quickly but the NO notice by the DOT and Customs is just another example of a government that really does care for small business. Giving Escape a reasonable amount of time to transition make a lot more sense.
How fun! I'm sure you'll be on the road very soon. What Escape did you buy for full time traveling?

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:35 AM   #133

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Marry,
Prayers for your son for a speedy and full recovery.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #134

We have an Escape 21 under construction, all set up for boondocking. I LOVE Felton, what a beautiful place to live!
Old 07-21-2016, 09:33 AM   #135

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
I hope that they can get this fixed for you very soon and you will be on the road full-timing and giving us reports of your adventures!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #136

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Dave,
What options did you set up for boon docking and what is your tow vehicle?
Old 07-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #137

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
We have an Escape 21 under construction, all set up for boondocking. I LOVE Felton, what a beautiful place to live!
Well then, let us know when you're in the area! (Most people don't know where Felton is ... ).

And congratulations on your 21'. (We've been going back and forth as to whether to "upgrade" or not.) You made a great choice and I know you're going to love it.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:02 AM   #138

Trailer: none
Quote:
If Progressive found the Escape VIN in that system then maybe they are making progress. The VIN on our 2008 5.0 did NOT decode so perhaps they are prioritizing the newly built trailers. Maybe others who have the VIN's for trailers that are about to be done could try that and see what turns up....
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:30 AM   #139

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Damn! We just squeezed thru as the gate was closing! Picked up 7-11, not a hint of trouble.

Those waiting, please be patient, we ADORE our 21, and you'll love your new one when the gate reopens. Sorry for Tammy and Reace and those on the road or getting ready to head up to pick up.

Greg
We got our 21 the same day. Tammy was gracious to squeeze us into an afternoon orientation (normally reserved for Canadians due to border transport issues late in the afternoon). It is sometimes tough for the driver to get back before ETI closes. They shut the Sumas POE down twice that afternoon b/c someone tried to run through. We got across with about a 30 minute wait. The driver delivering our 21 caught up to us as the commercial lane wait was only about 5 minutes. We had another couple traveling with us with a slide in camper and a cargo trailer named the "Dog Palace" as they had 3 Griffons with them. The US CBP agent took their ignition keys before going back to inspect the trailer. (They had another set if they really wanted to take off )

I always feel welcomed by Canadian Customs when entering Canada. When we got off the ferry from Anacortes to Sidney, BC the Customs agent kindly directed us to a nearby dog park. I almost always feel unwelcome by US CBP when reentering my own country.
We went thru US Customs in Victoria, BC before getting on the Blackball ferry to Port Angeles. When we arrived in Port Angeles the CBP was having a fruit & vegatable field day inspection. We were clean, the agent scored 3 limes (purchased in CA) from our friends with the "Dog Palace". Boy, I feel safe. No one is going to get Limes Disease.

We had our 21 inspected yesterday by a MHP officer so we could get our permanent MT tags. He said he is inspecting a tremendous number of motor vehicles being brought in from Canada. I guess the increase is probably because of the exchange rate.

We got checkers everywhere.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:41 AM   #140

Jim,
We added the high lift option, two 150w solar panels, dual 6V batteries, additional 12V outlets on the outside, access port near the batteries to add ground mounted solar panels during the winter months if needed. We have added an air pressure, solar heated shower to extend our water as well as additional water storage (collapsible water tanks in the back of the pick-up) since fresh water and grey water are the limiting factors to extended boondocking.
Our tow vehicle is a 2015 F-150, 2.7 Ecoboost (which gets incredible gas mileage so far, 23.7 mpg after 11,000)