$5/MO Sirius XM - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2019, 02:22 AM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You could buy one radio and two auto docks and just move it back and forth.
I have a Stilletto radio and an Executive dock ( boombox ) for the house, another dock for the trailer and one in the car.

I've had this set up for years. Not sure what hardware is available currently.

For all that, I hardly ever listen to Sirius XM.
Attached Thumbnails
Sirius dock.jpg   Sirius Stiletto.jpg  
Old 04-04-2019, 07:12 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJY View Post
Does Sirius allow 2 cars under same account? We drive so rarely and only 1 car at a time...
No, and when you have multiple cars it seems illogical not to have the service on the one you drive that day vs the one vehicle you are subscribed. But the internet app works on any unit though.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:13 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
Agree with almost all the negative comments about Sirius XM. Our car came equipped with it, but we never subscribed. A couple years ago, when it was time to travel from Michigan to Chilliwack to pick up our 19, we signed up for 90 days of free Sirius XM. We enjoyed being able to listen to uninterrupted NPR, BBC and cable news while driving, particularly in areas where broadcast radio wasn't reliable (e.g. your Canadian plains).

Well, after that trip we cancelled the free XM. They continued to offer us 'deals'. When they offered three years for one-time payment of $99, we agreed. Right now we're 2000 miles from home now, in BFE, and okay with paying 9 cents a day for the service.

The only MUSIC I listen to on satellite is 'Sixties on Six', the music of my 'coming of age'. Yes, the sound quality is horrible. Just like it was in the sixties, played from vinyl, broadcast in AM, played thru a crappy tube radio/car speaker, or pocket transistor radio!
J&B Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:15 AM   #24

I recently had my Ram serviced, actually it was last November and received in the mail a "free 60 day subscription" courtesy of the dealer last year. I held on to it and activated it yesterday in preparing for our trip cross-country. It took, so we are covered for the trip, makes those long drives bearable when your co-pilot is napping.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:26 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJY View Post
Does Sirius allow 2 cars under same account? We drive so rarely and only 1 car at a time...
No. While two radios can be on the same account, you must pay for each of them. I tried to convince them that it would be impossible for me to listen to both at the same time since I'm single, and one is in the truck, and the other in the trailer, but while we had a good laugh over it, no go.

Most of the portable radios are docks - you can purchase an additional docking station & move the radio between vehicles, but you lose the integration that comes with modern vehicle audio systems.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:27 AM   #26

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
$5/mo. eh? That's still too much.

Doug
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:32 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Sports

Love XM for sports...Go Texas Tech
Old 04-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
I had Sirius for years and loved it.
But after awhile they just wouldn't give me a cheaper renewal so I really actually cancelled.
5$ a month is a deal I would gladly take.
Oh well,
My Ipad has thousands of tunes and my bluetooth speaker is at least as good as the Sirius BoomBox so the sirius service would really just be introducing me to new music and then I'd probably get a copy of the music and load it on my Ipad.
I guess that I wouldn't invest in the company, there is lots of competition.
But there is a price point for convenience, just turn up the volume, and $5 seems fair when there is no available radio or cell signal.
And I still have a couple of Docks so I can move it from vehicle to house to cabin to trailer...
Old 04-10-2019, 02:45 PM   #29

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
xm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Most of the channels on any satellite (or cable, or IP) TV service are broadcast channels with commercials... but all of those services cost money to operate and not supplied free of charge to customers. If you want free radio stations, they're still there on AM and FM bands; if you want someone to operate a set of satellites to deliver audio entertainment, I think you're going to need to pay for it.
Pay for it, yes. But how much is the question. $20/mo.? $5/mo.? Seems like one should be able to negotiate a semi-permanent, reasonable rate.
PM15283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:41 PM   #30

Trailer: 2006 Escape 17 B
I also have just wasted almost an hour on hold and then talking to two different people at Sirius. I did phone in and cancel right on the 6 month time, all good, then 6 months later they started billing and hounding me for $113 saying it automatically started up again. Annoying to say the least. I’ll stick with local radio or silence!.
Happycamper me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #31

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Your post prompted me to look for my billing info. Couldn't find it so I phoned. Discovered that my plan expires tomorrow and was going to renew at $21 a month.

Told them I wasn't interested, didn't listen to it and to cancel. My call went to the retention people and I've got another six months for $30 plus taxes. Have to make a note on my calendar with alert.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Your post prompted me to look for my billing info. Couldn't find it so I phoned. Discovered that my plan expires tomorrow and was going to renew at $21 a month.

Told them I wasn't interested, didn't listen to it and to cancel. My call went to the retention people and I've got another six months for $30 plus taxes. Have to make a note on my calendar with alert.
You have discovered the entire purpose of the 6 month low cost offer. They are hoping you will forget, and automatically renew (on your credit card & not notice) at the full price. I've never given them my credit card so all renewals are billed & paid by check, although at each renewal I have to convince them that I don't have a credit card. They charge a billing fee, but NY state doesn't allow that so the $8.00 charge doesn't happen.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:07 AM   #33

Jon, can I use your address in NY for my renewal......... just kidding, that is good to know, research your local rules.