Anderson Levelers - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Old 06-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #11
Trailer: 2016 Escape 21 (May 25, 2016)
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
When you say that the trailer slid off, I assume that is to the side, correct? With the wedge in place under the leveler, it couldn't go forward or back. What do you think caused this, because they are smooth?

Just wondering, as I have been considering getting them.
The trailer slid off the front. The ground was wet, the levelers and tires were slick (I've thought about roughing up the surface), and the site was rather wonky. Everything moved. It was the perfect combination of problems and I doubt this would happen again. Next time I will use the X like chock I've got before unhitching (as opposed to the green wedgies). That said, I'm not impressed and think there are less expensive options that don't need to be cut to fit.

JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #12
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
I've been camping with campers and trailers for over 40 years and I'll use my Lynx levelers all day long. Nothing can be simpler. I started out with chunks of 2x6 like everyone else but got tired of the weight and mess (they eventually rot).
Coincidentally, I was camping in Birch Bay Washington in the 1980's and an older RVer (he may have been younger than I am now) gave me his plans for a leveler he was using, made from laminated plywood. He called it "The Rockin Block". Don't know if he patented it, but it looks like Anderson copied it. I'll attach a copy of the plans. I never did make my own but kept the drawing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rockin Block 001.jpg (205.4 KB, 66 views)

GerriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #13
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
I have been using only one on my 19. Doesn't seem to be a need for two. I did have one issue on a thick gravel spot in Bend OR, where the thing dragged rather than pivot. Had to improvise with blocks so it is good to still carry blocks.

Otherwise, it has been a very good solution.

DeadEye Dan
2010 Escape 19
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote