Any Insta-pot uses out there? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2016, 06:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 21'
Any Insta-pot uses out there?

Hi All, Julie here.
Maury and I will be full-timing in our soon to be finished 21'. I like to cook and I was looking for a combination rice/slow cooker then I came upon the Insta-pot.
Have any of you used this? I have had no experience with a pressure cooker, but the other functions seem great.
We will have solar for boondocking, but how would the 900 watt vs. 1000 watt effect our power storage? Is this type of appliance something I will only be able to use with electric hookups?
Here is a link to the Insta-pot...
Robot Check
Maury&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury&Julie View Post
Hi All, Julie here.
Maury and I will be full-timing in our soon to be finished 21'. I like to cook and I was looking for a combination rice/slow cooker then I came upon the Insta-pot.
Have any of you used this? I have had no experience with a pressure cooker, but the other functions seem great.
We will have solar for boondocking, but how would the 900 watt vs. 1000 watt effect our power storage? Is this type of appliance something I will only be able to use with electric hookups?
Robot Check
My wife camps to cook. We have been preparing most of meals with the "magic pot". Use it in the oven, on the trailer stove and weather permitting on the coleman stove.
https://www.pamperedchef.com/shop/Co...Casserole/3141

Scott, Lori and the ghost Schnauzer
Remember, Friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon.
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury&Julie View Post
Hi All, Julie here.
Robot Check
We have an InstaPot and we can use it either hooked up or not with the Solar and Inverter. Works great. If you're boondocking it does drop your batteries somewhat, but not to where we've had a problem. We love the time feature where you just dump everything in, lock it, program it, and then go about your day. We also like that if we don't plan ahead, we can still have a great meal that tastes like it roasted all day in less than 30 minutes. We take it out of the trailer and use it at home too.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Even if you have dual 6 batteries and solar your use of 120v appliances will not be the same as if your are hooked up to electric. Hair dryer, microwave and other short term use, but to cook for an hour off 12v may be too much. Try stove top or outside fire cooking, something new like the "Can Cooker" Seth McGinn's CanCooker - Cater to your Crowd - Slow Cooker - Crock Pot - Steam Cooker, you may like it.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
A big second for Jim's "Can Cooker". We love ours and the kids were so impressed, they each asked for one for Christmas.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insta-pot, rice cooker, slow cooker