Camp Chef's Outdoor Camp Oven - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #41

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0
Re: Camp Chef's Outdoor Camp Oven

Well, we still love our Camp Chef Oven (original thread..not Coleman). They just came out with a new one without the burner top. If I were doing it over, I'd get the oven with the 2 burners, not the grill/griddle. The burners are a little more powerful, and we carry a separate griddle to use on top anyway.
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #42

Trailer: 2011 - 20' Coachman Apex

Bought the Camp Chef oven in Costco Calgary a couple of years ago for about $150.00 and the cover/carrying bag from Bass Pro and used it in our 13' Trillium - was using a Coleman folding oven for the previous 20+ years and very happy with it. I've now bought a new 20' trailer (not an Escape) which has a built in oven. The only down side for the Camp Chef is that the two burners are fairly low out put and blow out if there is any amount of wind blowing - other that we were very happy with it. We used both the small bottle propane and bought a hose and regulator to use larger propane bottles (we have a 10 lb bottle we use for both the BBQ and the oven - but have hooked it up to the larger bottle on the trailer). We gave our 13' Trillium to our son and his family when we bought the larger trailer, we also gave him the Camp Chef along with it.

When we bought the Coleman folding oven it was $12.00 and now sells for $45.00 - we love this little oven and still carry it with us for cooking when the temperature become too warm to use the oven in the trailer. As most of camping cooking is still done outside, we still use the a 30+ year old Coleman 2 burner stove and the Coleman folding oven - we finally had to get rid of our 2 burner Coleman BBQ as you couldn't get parts for it any more.

TurboFlex
TurboFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #43

Trailer: 2011 17 eh?

This is what I added to allow both the stove and the BBQ to run off the RV gas. The The RV and the BBQ run on low regulated pressure from the RV system (quick connect), Aprox. 1 psi.

Outdoor camping stoves require Aprox. 11 psi. With the exposed nature of the flame it requires more pressure to deliver a strong flame at the burner. BBQs and other appliances with more protection can operate at the lower pressure of 1 psi.

I installed a splitter on one 20 lb tank with a short hose to the stove regulator. A 20`hose connects to the stove at 11 psi and a 20`hose connects the low pressure quick connect to the BBQ.(1 psi)

I removed the regulator that came with the BBQ as it was the same pressure as the RV and only one regulator is needed.
Attached Thumbnails
High pressure line.jpg   High pressure 2.jpg  
skeena is offline   Reply With Quote