Cookware and such - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Do you leave a trail of meatballs so you can find your way out?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLNM View Post
Check out T-Fal Ingenio cookware. The handles come off and everything nests. Hard to find but I use it at home and love it. Have some pieces for the trailer too. Can sometimes find reasonably priced sets on Ebay.
Oh, Overstock.com has a set ... T-Fal Ingenio 15-piece Cookware Set | Overstock.com Shopping - The Best Deals on Cookware Sets.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Do you leave a trail of meatballs so you can find your way out?
Of course ... followed by a dish of lox!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #24

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Of course ... followed by a dish of lox!
would have guessed allen keys ….
Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
According to Overstock, this has been out of stock since Jul 26, 2013
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #26

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLNM View Post
Check out T-Fal Ingenio cookware. The handles come off and everything nests. Hard to find but I use it at home and love it.
Interesting... here's T-Fal's product web page.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #27

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
According to Overstock, this has been out of stock since Jul 26, 2013
Yes, the only place I have been able to find them is on eBay. I got my first set many years ago at a Tuesday Morning and never saw them in the stores. Recently I found it on eBay and got a partial set for less than $100..no handles but I already had two.
They are non-stick and lightweight. The original fry pans lasted many years at home...a set in the trailer should last a lot longer!
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
While some of those lightweight sets work not too bad (this is what I use for backcountry travel where weight counts more), I find you have to baby the heat too much, and watch more closely so you don't burn things. But hey, they will work just fine.

This is where cast iron really shines, helping hold an even heat. The heavy bottoms in the Magma set have the same effect, with somewhat reduced weight, plus way better storage.

Everything seems to be a compromise with our trailers, balancing function, cost and weight.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Everything seems to be a compromise with our trailers, balancing function, cost and weight.
And each of us balances things differently, which keeps things interesting.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thus when we are in our Escape it represents a microcosm of life……..
Old 01-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
And each of us balances things differently, which keeps things interesting.
And some of us are somewhat unbalanced too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I've been using this set of Magnum Nesting Cookware in the trailer this year & am happy with it. The thick bottoms make cooking on the small Coleman burner of my portable grill much more even than with my older frying pans.

I prefer cast iron at home, but like others have mentioned, too heavy for travel, and more difficult to care for & store.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #33

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I'm tempted to take the bare bones and figure out what to get as we live in the trailer and access the storage space. Because we're getting the larger frig, there seems to be a minimum of storage space at eye level. I'm not sure yet how convenient the storage bins will be that are over the bed and over the dinette and whether they'll be hard to access. Any clues? People with 19s have said there is tons of storage space but it seems that a lot of it involves bending.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #34

Ruth, what you suggest by taking just the essentials, and figuring out what you actually could use, is a great idea. All too often people outfit with everything they think they might need, and end up lugging around lots of unneeded stuff.

How and what you pack is an ever evolving thing.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #35

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
just keep the heavy stuff below your waist and the light stuff above, your trailer will tow better.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I've been using this set of Magnum Nesting Cookware in the trailer this year & am happy with it. The thick bottoms make cooking on the small Coleman burner of my portable grill much more even than with my older frying pans.

I prefer cast iron at home, but like others have mentioned, too heavy for travel, and more difficult to care for & store.
Just spoke with someone from Sandie's Galley & More (Sandie's Galley & More) and they were very helpful with my questions about Magma and Galleyware. Not only are their prices low, their shipping seems to be pretty inexpensive ($13 for a complete set of cookware?!). Checking out a Marine supply store was a great suggestion.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #37

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
I'm tempted to take the bare bones and figure out what to get as we live in the trailer and access the storage space. Because we're getting the larger frig, there seems to be a minimum of storage space at eye level. I'm not sure yet how convenient the storage bins will be that are over the bed and over the dinette and whether they'll be hard to access. Any clues? People with 19s have said there is tons of storage space but it seems that a lot of it involves bending.
We use the storage space in the rear overhead bins for clothing and personal items for my wife and I. We use the storage space in the front overhead bins for clothing and personal items for our 1 or 2 kids traveling with us, and for misc. books/games, etc. We keep all of our food and kitchen stuff in the kitchen area (upper and lower cupboards, pantry, bins over wheel wells, and fridge). We use nesting cookware from our canoe tripping/tent camping days and have no requirements for electrical appliances. We have the large fridge and an oven, so kitchen storage in our 19' may be less than in others with smaller fridge and no oven. All extra bedding is stored under the front dinette compartment or under the rear bed. On occasion we will also store a few canned or bottled items under the rear bed. We travel with a propane BBQ and a fire bowl under the front table, and a coleman 2 burner stove in the front storage box. We often bring a small cooler with us and set it on the floor while travelling. We keep all outdoor items in the front storage box and in the under bed compartment accessed through the exterior hatch. We like to keep minimal items in our tow vehicle, and thus nearly everything we bring is in the trailer.

Four of us have stayed out for three weeks at a time, and we have had no shortage of space in our 19'.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #38

Quote:
Just spoke with someone from Sandie's Galley & More (Sandie's Galley & More) and they were very helpful with my questions about Magma and Galleyware. Not only are their prices low, their shipping seems to be pretty inexpensive ($13 for a complete set of cookware?!). Checking out a Marine supply store was a great suggestion.
I bought mine at Binnacle.com (they have US and Canadian sites), when they were on sale.

BTW, where is Felton? The only one I know of is in the UK.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #39

With my Magma pots, I had a bit of an issue at first with the fry pan nesting on top, as it was riding on the lid below, which it shouldn't. A couple emails with photos sent to Magma, and the replacements were on the way.

The only negative with the Magma pots is the handle on the lids, they are metal and transfer the heat good, necessitating the use of a pot holder at times. I wish they were of the same material the handles are, which insulate against heating up really good.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I bought mine at Binnacle.com (they have US and Canadin sites), when they were on sale.

BTW, where is Felton? The only one I know of is in the UK.
Felton is located in California, Santa Cruz County (same area as Bob "santacruzer"). Since we're right next to the ocean, you would think we would have a plethora of marine supply places ... not. We have West Marine, but, IMHO, they're pricey. Better deals can be found on the internet.