Cot/Cot Ready - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19
Cot/Cot Ready

Did anyone get this add on for thier escape? If so, are you glad you did? Do you have any pictures to give an idea of clearance under the cot?
Chick0Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:15 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
We did with two kids. In all honesty, I wouldn’t do it if I had to make the decision again. Used it first few trips, but was a bit of a pain to assemble with the limited space inside. Also the kid underneath would brush the bottom of the cot and set off a tantrum of the kid on top, which in turn, set me and the wife off. Yup didn’t take much.
But some love it. Might also be a selling feature if you were to sell at some point, don’t think you can add later.
I’ll see if I can find pics tonight.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I wonder if one could cut some 1/2 " ply sections to lay across the cot rails and then put a memory foam topper and sleeping bag on the top bunk. If I'm recalling correctly this cot feature it could work well. Of course, then you have to carry the plywood sections and foam rollup in the truck.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
We had the cot in our 19 and it came in handy when camping with the grands. It is a bit of a hassle to get the cot poles in the camper but the kids found it comfortable for top and bottom. I don’t recall the clearance from bottom to top but the grands didn’t seem to mind.

Also, the brackets for the cot are slightly above the back cushions. They show but we never thought them to be a problem or obstruction.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I enquired about a week ago and Tammy said they could not add cot bunk to my 2009 17B.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
We have the cot in our 19' and have used it much more in the past 6 years than we have the dinette bed. Our kids have indicated that the cot is much more comfortable to sleep on than the dinette bed. I also find it easier to setup and take down the cot than the table and so we leave the table set up and my daughter will typically sleep on the cot. I expect that the cot will get little use in the next few years as our daughter graduated this year from high school and it is just going to be my wife and I on our upcoming vacation. It will be a treat not to have to take down a bed every day and to have the dinette table always available for lounging!

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:33 AM   #7

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
We use the cot all the time. Our two daughters fight over it as it’s the equivalent of the top bunk. We make them take turns. One girl on the cot and one with the pooch under the cot.

As stated, assembling the poles in the trailer is tricky, but doable, and easier with practice. We stow the poles under the bed in the small space between the floor raise and the cabinet doors, where they fit perfectly and are easily accessible.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1812.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	40320
Old 07-10-2019, 09:04 AM   #8

Great Info

I did not think to ask this before....Is there a weight restriction for the cot? If so, how much?
Old 07-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #9

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We had the cot in our 19' and used it when we had the grandkids with us (young teens).
The weight limit is 200 lbs so there is that factor. Yes, stowing the rails can be a pain; however, we ended up just leaving the dinette up in 'bed' mode and ate outside (we were camping after all). When we picked up the trailer, ETI told us that the shelf above the dinette is supposed to be where the rails are stored ... but that seemed wasteful so we just carried them under the bed (had the exterior hatch door installed).

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:13 PM   #10

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick0Stick View Post
Did anyone get this add on for their escape? If so, are you glad you did? Do you have any pictures to give an idea of clearance under the cot?
Love the cot. Bought used but thankfully it was "cot ready" so the supports were glassed into the shell. We just worked with Reace to purchase the kit and properly mount the brackets. We ended up welding the poles together so it is a more rigid setup, but the only way to store them is across the back under the bed with access via the passenger side exterior hatch. If you are unsure if you will use it I would just buy the trailer "cot ready" and you are covered for any eventuality. Can't add it after the build.

Pic attached and some links to more.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...tml#post250076

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...html#post80246

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...tml#post215040
Attached Thumbnails
kids cot.jpg  
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #11

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!