LevelMatePro - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2017, 06:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 2018 19'
Why does escape place one of the levels in the rear rather than the front? Added one to front & it promptly fell off. I'm getting good at eyeballing as well as placing those legos!
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Why does escape place one of the levels in the rear rather than the front? Added one to front & it promptly fell off. I'm getting good at eyeballing as well as placing those legos!
Clean the mounting spot with acetone - won't hurt fiberglass. I used VHB exterior tape.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:48 PM   #23

Btw Charlie I received your template long ago & failed to thank you. Appreciate your help. Things are good right nor w/o dividers but sure wish I had added the shelves in wardrobe. In addition, wish I had listened to Donna D & got the larger fridge.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:42 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Btw Charlie I received your template long ago & failed to thank you. Appreciate your help. Things are good right nor w/o dividers but sure wish I had added the shelves in wardrobe. In addition, wish I had listened to Donna D & got the larger fridge.
Most welcome on the template. Do you mean shelves in the Escape?

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:31 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Also wondered about Escape adding to rear too. Added our own to front and front corner that we use . Just clean where you add with some acetone . Ours have been attached for almost 4 years . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:08 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
This is a great tool, especially for those traveling alone. My bubbles are not very accurate and had to be reset. If Dora was not traveling with me, I would get this.

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:00 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
A little background into how I came to install the RV LEVEL.

Those wee bubble levels on the side of the trailer are not all that trustworthy, so I had Escape not install them. If you want level with these things, all you have to do is twist them until they are level, then you will be happy. I prefer to just use a small torpedo level inside the trailer, or even a calibrated levelling app on my phone. Both these last solutions either require someone else to holler as to what the level is, or multiple trips yourself to check, then head back to the vehicle or jack to adjust. Not a deal breaker, but still not real convenient.

I had intended on using one of those large, solidly mounted levels mounted on the pin box of my trailer, but after actually seeing one, and how gaudy they looked (to me), and at about the same time came across the RV LEVEL, I thought I would give it a try. Though I haven't had the opportunity to give it a good try yet, I can see it working just fine. I like that when calibrated it gives you degrees slope, and how much height you need to level.

The bottom line is that it really does not matter what you use, or what others decide to use. We are only sharing ideas. Just so long as you are happy with the results, and are out there enjoying yourself, THAT is what really matters.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:43 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Also wondered about Escape adding to rear too. Added our own to front and front corner that we use . Just clean where you add with some acetone . Ours have been attached for almost 4 years . Pat
Also have a torpedo level we carry and a little round level that stays in the freezer . The levels we put on exterior indicate how much in inches we are off level up or down .We find we don't care for the side to side level to be off much , because we would be sleeping with our head too low or high. The bed in our trailer is side to side . We also found Escape's levels they installed were not level . Also instead of counter , we use the floor if checking with torpedo level . Pat
Old 09-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I installed a Hopkins Lighted Level that I could see from the tow vehicle - it lit when the trailer was level (side to side). I gave up on it after replacing the batteries many times.

Before spending the amount of a high cost level indicator, I'd wait until you have parked the trailer a bunch of times - practice makes perfect! I've found that the technique of getting out & looking (once) gives me a starting point, I then watch the belly band in the mirror, backing on to the Anderson Leveler, and usually get it right the first try.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Jon,

With that method, you could be off by as much as .001 degrees.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
We use the Camco 25505 EZ Level and find that it works great. Easy to calibrate, and the batteries we installed in April are still good though we carry spare batteries in the trailer.

We check the side-to-side lights when we arrive, and if any leveling is needed I put the Andersen 3604 levelers on the low side. Linda stands by the open door (the level is on the floor) and tells me when the side-to-side lights are green. And leveling front to back is easy with the power tongue jack.

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I'd wait until you have parked the trailer a bunch of times - practice makes perfect!
I second what Jon said. We ordered the Level Mate Pro thinking we'd need it. After successfully parking the trailer the third time with the tool still unopened, I asked my wife to return it. Maybe one day I'll regret it
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysd View Post
We use the Camco 25505 EZ Level and find that it works great. Easy to calibrate, and the batteries we installed in April are still good though we carry spare batteries in the trailer.

We check the side-to-side lights when we arrive, and if any leveling is needed I put the Andersen 3604 levelers on the low side. Linda stands by the open door (the level is on the floor) and tells me when the side-to-side lights are green. And leveling front to back is easy with the power tongue jack.

Gary
That's a cool level ! Yup level on the floor is a good way . Having the round bubble level in freezer also is just a old 30 year habit too. Pat
Old 09-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Most welcome on the template. Do you mean shelves in the Escape?
Yep shelves in wardrobe of 17b. I know there have been mods posted & will search that.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #35

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
A little background into how I came to install the RV LEVEL.

Those wee bubble levels on the side of the trailer are not all that trustworthy, so I had Escape not install them. If you want level with these things, all you have to do is twist them until they are level, then you will be happy. I prefer to just use a small torpedo level inside the trailer, or even a calibrated levelling app on my phone. Both these last solutions either require someone else to holler as to what the level is, or multiple trips yourself to check, then head back to the vehicle or jack to adjust. Not a deal breaker, but still not real convenient.

I had intended on using one of those large, solidly mounted levels mounted on the pin box of my trailer, but after actually seeing one, and how gaudy they looked (to me), and at about the same time came across the RV LEVEL, I thought I would give it a try. Though I haven't had the opportunity to give it a good try yet, I can see it working just fine. I like that when calibrated it gives you degrees slope, and how much height you need to level.

The bottom line is that it really does not matter what you use, or what others decide to use. We are only sharing ideas. Just so long as you are happy with the results, and are out there enjoying yourself, THAT is what really matters.
I agree, I was thinking about putting a command hook on the front of our trailer high up and hooking a black cord over it with a weight to make a pendulum. With two pices of blue masking tape placed 3/8 inch apart marking level. You could see when the cord swung between the tape from the tow vehicle. Any thoughts??
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #36

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
I agree, I was thinking about putting a command hook on the front of our trailer high up and hooking a black cord over it with a weight to make a pendulum. With two pices of blue masking tape placed 3/8 inch apart marking level. You could see when the cord swung between the tape from the tow vehicle. Any thoughts??
Just don't use the 'plumb-bob' on the putting green.....it doesn't work! I still can't putt!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #37

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I like the stock little levels installed by Escape. When I get close to level I just move the little bubble until it is level, the significant other is always amazed as to my exactness in making the trailer level.