LevelMatePro - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2017, 09:47 PM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
LevelMatePro

Does anyone have any familiarity or experience with the LevelMatePro wireless trailer leveling system? Module mounts in trailer and uses your smartphone. Looks really neat.

www.logicbluetech.com/
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #2

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
I don't have any experience with this Dave, but it's on my wish list. I have Bluetooth batteries, TPMS, fridge thermometer, solar charge controller, and with this, level sensors.
I like the Level MatePro because I'll be able to find the most level part on any camp site from inside the truck.
Rich
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:10 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, pulled by 2018 F150 EcoBoost
We installed the LevelMate Pro early this spring. It is great if you are a traveler and are setting up frequently. You simply drive through a campsite and identify the spot closest to level. Add a couple blocks under the low side and you're all set.

There are two things that still need attention in my setup. First, the calculation for the amount of lift is slightly off. If the Levelmate Pro says I need 1-1/2 inch of lift, It usually needs about 1/2 inch more. I'm sure if I played with the initial settings, I could tune the system and make it more accurate.

Secondly, Because the Levelmate Pro goes to sleep after three hours of no movement. The feature to return the tongue to the hitching height doesn't work. It needs a switch on the transmitter to "wake up" the unit.

I like the system because it simplifies leveling the trailer. the Levelmate Pro tells you how much lift you need. Add a couple of blocks, pull the trailer onto the blocks and set your chocks in place. It's quick and easy even for a one person setup.
pstyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:22 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyer View Post
Secondly, Because the Levelmate Pro goes to sleep after three hours of no movement. The feature to return the tongue to the hitching height doesn't work. It needs a switch on the transmitter to "wake up" the unit.
Thanks for the great info. Based on customer feedback the newer units have a switch on the module and they also have a customer loyalty program that allows existing owners to upgrade for a reasonable cost. Or you can swipe a magnet over the module which simulates movement and it will wake up.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Seems like a gimmick directed towards those that may be new to towing and trailer levelling. Levelling the trailer is simple and dead easy, even without the levelmatepro. With a bit of practice it is a simple matter to know how many blocks to put under the wheels just by looking at the bubble level. Nine times out of ten I get it right the first try. IMHO, there are many other useless gadgets and gimmicks that I would waste money on before shelling out $140usd for the levelmatepro.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:15 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm with Dave. It really doesn't take long to visualize what you need when looking at a bubble level. But what I do see and hear are those that buy all kinds of gadgets and then get really frustrated when they quit working. It's almost like people forget how to think. Just look how upset people get when their tank gauges don't work properly.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Yet again, I agree with Donna on this.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:37 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
One thing I came to realize quickly, is those little stick on levels should never be trusted, as they can move very easily, with any bump. We do tend to worry too much about getting real level. For me, having the stove top level for cooking is about the only thing I worry about, as it is a pain when your eggs or pancakes flow to one side of the pan.

I agree that levelling is a very easy thing to do, just a few steps needed to get it right. Only when the side-to-side is off by quite a bit does it take a few tries to get right. And, as long as you have someone to confirm when to stop when the front-to-back is level, that is not too bad either. As I usually set up the trailer on my own, I do have to do a forth trips to the truck or landing gear to level good, though all this usually takes no more than a few minutes at the worst.

However, I love to tinker (because I can), and last trip while out installed installed the RV LEVEL from MadeByJoe, a tiny little level sensor that transmits via bluetooth to your phone.
Home

Installation was super easy, you just have to find a place on a surface, either top, bottom or side of a compartment to mount it. It powers via 5V micro USB so I just installed a 12V to 5V Micro USB adapter to an existing 12V set of wires. In the app I set the length parameters, distance between wheel centres side-to-side, and from the center of the axles to the landing gears front-to-back, then with the trailer nice an level calibrated the sensor with the phone app.

I haven't tried it out yet after that first setup, but it should work just great, and will report back after a few goes with it. I can see it being a great advantage when backing onto the Anderson Levellers when alone, and being able to stop when the level is perfect.

Did I mention I love to tinker.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:30 AM   #9

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
One thing I came to realize quickly, is those little stick on levels should never be trusted, as they can move very easily, with any bump. We do tend to worry too much about getting real level. For me, having the stove top level for cooking is about the only thing I worry about, as it is a pain when your eggs or pancakes flow to one side of the pan.
So I take it you would not want to imitate the scene in the Long Long Trailer where Tacy was trying to cook eggs.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:42 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Do you mean Lucy while Desi was driving down Oak Creek Canyon in the 30' + Airstream?
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
What was the type of trailer in the Long Long Trailer?

The trailer used in the film is the 1953 36-foot Redman "New Moon" model, which sold for $5,345 (equal to $47,846 today) at the time. The new car used to tow the trailer is a 1953 Mercury Monterey convertible with a 125 HP flathead V8 engine.

The Long, Long Trailer - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long,_Long_Trailer
Old 09-16-2017, 11:03 AM   #12

I never saw that movie.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-16-2017, 11:54 AM   #13

Trailer: None now
Quote:
I never saw that movie.
Add it to your to do list. Its worth watching.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:14 PM   #14

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I don't normally find it hard to level my trailer I use the levels on the trailer and haven't had an issue but if I was concerned I carry a level with me and can pull it out. most camp sites that I use are fairly level. I think if you like gadgets and worry a lot about leveling your trailer then get it and have fun with it!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 21 - Nov 2017 "Harvey"
I like this blog, this guy seems very thorough. He recommends the LevelMatePro. I wonder how it stacks up against the much less expensive unit Jim mentions. I bought the LevelMatePro. If only I had a camper to install it. November, where are you? https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/in-...ling-products/
jking1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:39 PM   #16

Ask yourself why it's so critical to have the trailer perfectly level.
Even Dometic says if you are comfortable in the trailer, so is the fridge ( which used to be the reason to ensure the trailer was level ).
Ask yourself if you really need another manual to read and batteries to maintain.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #17

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Even Dometic says if you are comfortable in the trailer, so is the fridge ( which used to be the reason to ensure the trailer was level ).
Ask yourself if you really need another manual to read and batteries to maintain.
Right now, it's 12:08 PM, and I'm asking myself if it's too early for a beer

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
Right now, it's 12:08 PM, and I'm asking myself if it's too early for a beer
Not if it's cold.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I did, and it is not, but.....
Quote:
Did I mention I love to tinker.
No batteries, other than the ones on the trailer. I just like to have fun (and nice flat pancakes).
Old 09-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
When I switched from traveling as a couple to traveling alone, I had to come up with a new leveling method. I purchased one of the levels with a marble sized ball in the level. When I get backed into the sight, I open the rock guard window on my 19 and clamp the level to the window frame. I place the Anderson levels under the correct side and pull forward. When the ball centralizes as seen in the rear view mirror, I'm good. Easy to use and no batteries to replace.