Portable gas grill recommendation - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Baking

Hi Ruthie
We have successfully baked quiche in a pan on the grill of the weber Q. The visible temperature gauge has to be watched. I have also baked quite a few chickens on the grill. Whole, split down the back , breast up. Checking with the meat thermometer and taking the chicken off at about 160 internal breast temp works best for me. It will warm a little more after the heat is turned off. I have a nice griddle I use on the camp stove but don't have the official Weber griddle. We bake outside with the toaster oven, using the exterior AC outlet on the 19. You can bake a lot of things in the 14 deep Dutch oven too. Gotta draw the weight line somewhere, ( Freight that is)
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
No griddle here. Boned chicken thighs with half the skin cut off so the fat doesn't get crazy, on the grid (wiped with olive oil), about 6-7 minutes to a side.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #43

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Chicken

Myron,
When I'm doing boneless breasts I do it exactly the same as you. I go 7+7=14 minutes and turn the heat down very low and slather on some sauce for about three minutes. I usually don't marinade things but my son and son in laws do, all the time. They are all very good cooks for young guys, (under 45).
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Myron,
When I'm doing boneless breasts I do it exactly the same as you. I go 7+7=14 minutes and turn the heat down very low and slather on some sauce for about three minutes. I usually don't marinade things but my son and son in laws do, all the time. They are all very good cooks for young guys, (under 45).
Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... Somehow I had you pegged for a "Beer can" chicken kind of guy!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
We got a Q1000 two years ago when we got the 19. The quick connect hose from ETI had the fittings with it so that I needed nothing extra once I removed the regulator. We coil the hose with the grill and store it in the back of the Jeep after each use. I run the grill for 5 minutes after I finish grilling and brush the grill and we don't notice any smell in the Jeep. With all that we store in the front storage box, there is plenty of room for the Q1000 in the back of the Jeep.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #46

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm curious, what Jeep model can tow an Escape 19? Other than a Grand Cherokee I believe most are 3500# rated.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #47

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm curious, what Jeep model can tow an Escape 19? Other than a Grand Cherokee I believe most are 3500# rated.
Jim: Bill's profile indicates he is towing with a 2014 Grand Cherokee
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #48

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Jim: Bill's profile indicates he is towing with a 2014 Grand Cherokee
That's right, a Jeep Grand Cherokee with V6 and 8 speed transmission. Tows great.
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:25 PM   #49

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Our "Tinker" Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Old 05-24-2017, 09:48 AM   #50
Lin

Trailer: Pop up, 2017 escape 19
With the Weber grills what type of adapter is needed to connect to the quick connect hose supplied by Escape. Thanks
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #51

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
With the Weber grills what type of adapter is needed to connect to the quick connect hose supplied by Escape. Thanks
Lin, if I remember correctly, the ETI supplied hose has a flare fitting. You have to remove the regulator/control knob assembly and separate the two as the regulator must be removed. The propaneis already regulated at the tanks to provide low pressure.
I would advise you not to attach the hose to the Weber and wrap it around the grill when not in use. Rather, I would suggest you put a female QD fitting on the end of the hose and a pigtail with a male QD on the grill. That way, should you acquire a propane fire pit you can put a male QD fitting on it and that allows you to use the hose with more than one appliance. Low pressure QD fittings are available on Amazon or from Tejas Smokers (on the web).
Old 05-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #52

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Only some models of the Weber Q are a straight mod. On mine, I just unscrewed the regulator and added a male QC which screwed right in to where the regulator was. Purchased a Camco QC hose with a male on the trailer end and female on the grill side. As Carl says I can now use the hose on multiple appliances.
I believe I have the 1000 model Weber Q
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:50 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
On mine, I just unscrewed the regulator and added a male QC which screwed right in to where the regulator was. Purchased a Camco QC hose with a male on the trailer end and female on the grill side.
Greg: So you bought these?

Male fitting for grill:
www.amazon.com/Camco-59903-Propane-Quick-Connect-Fitting/dp/B007HG7WUQ

Hose:
www.amazon.com/Camco-57282-Propane-Quick-Connect-Hose/dp/B00CPYC9BC/ref=pd_bxgy_263_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00CPYC9B C&pd_rd_r=XVYMZH95Q8KN2WJS3ZD6&pd_rd_w=1cg7l&pd_rd _wg=KW6V6&psc=1&refRID=XVYMZH95Q8KN2WJS3ZD6
Old 05-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #54

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
No adapter necessary. Carefully unscrew the pressure regulator using two wrenches, one on regulator and one on fitting next to it. Screw on ETI supplied hose, hook it up, check for leaks and start using it! Don't use plumbers tape or goop, it will screw up anything downstream it gets hung up on.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:25 PM   #55

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Yes, those look to be exactly what I purchased. It had been a year and a half so I didn't really remember too well, went and got the grill out and took a pic. Looks like it required a stop at Home D as well for an additional piece.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0470.jpg  
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:41 AM   #56
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Yes, those look to be exactly what I purchased. It had been a year and a half so I didn't really remember too well, went and got the grill out and took a pic. Looks like it required a stop at Home D as well for an additional piece.
I would like to do this for our Q-1200. What exactly do I need to purchase to ensure a safe experience? I don't understand a lot of the information out there and the "additional piece" is what worries me...

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:30 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
I would like to do this for our Q-1200. What exactly do I need to purchase to ensure a safe experience? I don't understand a lot of the information out there and the "additional piece" is what worries me...

Lorna
Adding Quick Connect Regulator to Weber Q – Introduction to Everything

This is the best I've seen out there. Goes through all the parts needed and it even modifies the regulator that can be added back inline if you want to use a high pressure propane source again. Video at the bottom as well.

**Note that if you don't plan on doing the full mod including the regulator then don't order the Camco 59853 Propane Quick Connect Kit because you don't need the female end. Just order a 1/4" quick connect male fitting, Camco 59903: www.amazon.com/Camco-59903-Propane-Quick-Connect-Fitting/dp/B007HG7WUQ
Old 02-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #58
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Adding Quick Connect Regulator to Weber Q – Introduction to Everything

This is the best I've seen out there. Goes through all the parts needed and it even modifies the regulator that can be added back inline if you want to use a high pressure propane source again. Video at the bottom as well.

**Note that if you don't plan on doing the full mod including the regulator then don't order the Camco 59853 Propane Quick Connect Kit because you don't need the female end. Just order a 1/4" quick connect male fitting, Camco 59903: www.amazon.com/Camco-59903-Propane-Quick-Connect-Fitting/dp/B007HG7WUQ
Thank you so much! I have gone as far as contacting Fairview fittings and they sent me an e-mail saying this was impossible! I know it can be done because many folks have modified theirs! Thanks for this awesome site!
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #59

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Portable gas grill recommendation

Volcano. 12” skillet.
We can pretty much do anything with it, Grill, roast, barbecue etc. I can even roast coffee beans. Yes I’m a coffee snob.
The only potential downside of the volcano is it does require a high-pressure connection. But for us that is not really a concern, as I always tend to cook from the picnic table anyway, if one is provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drjenk is offline   Reply With Quote