Portable gas grills that fit in front box? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 16, TV Rav4 V6
We use the O grill, 10,500btu, the legs fold in for transport 22"x23"x12" We carry it in the TV or in the TT. It uses the 1 lb canisters which work out fine, b/c saves use on our 1 20lb propane tank. We never used a full 1lb container on any of our 5 day trips yet, but we do not use it on all three meals. Carl

civi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Since everyone has the front box, I was wondering if those that have the two six volt batteries think it would be better or possible to have the batteries in a battery box inside of the storage box. We are getting a 19 with two six volt batteries and I will probably be checking specific gravity frequently and I don't like the idea of batteries not being in a battery box. Sulfuric acid even in small quantities is something I like to keep contained, any thoughts on this?

AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
You probably ought to have ETI put them in boxes, if you're going to go that route, rather than waiting to do it yourself later. The wiring is kind of tight, and would be problematic at a later date. Not impossible, just a PITA.

I personally have no problem NOT having them in boxes. I modified the hold-down mechanism to eliminate the wing nuts holding the top board down, so now have a smooth surface.
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
Since everyone has the front box, I was wondering if those that have the two six volt batteries think it would be better or possible to have the batteries in a battery box inside of the storage box. We are getting a 19 with two six volt batteries and I will probably be checking specific gravity frequently and I don't like the idea of batteries not being in a battery box. Sulfuric acid even in small quantities is something I like to keep contained, any thoughts on this?
Our batteries were in the front box but I thought ETI has moved them. They were no problem in the front box. Our 21' has the batteries under the back and side benches. They are contained in a big box that has putty to keep it together and a bar holding it. There is a vent hose going out the side of the trailer. The problem to us is that we do not think we can get to all of the cells, or at least not without a lot of trouble. We'll see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (105.3 KB, 13 views)
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
Having the front storage box I can say that it is asymmetrical to the point that it would at least raise the height of the batteries being in a container, and possible just not feasible.

We do put our Weber Go Anywhere up there along with the chimney starter. Thought I found a gas grill to fit there in the Camp Chef MVP, however it was a little tight and would have had to grind off the front handle. Got a bag, rides in the back of the TV. Taking the charcoal bbq along next trip, cause you're right Greggo- gotta have high heat for 'dem steaks!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
I just checked and a Weber Q1000 will NOT fit in the front storage box. Having said that, we have been carrying ours in the rear of our Jeep Grand Cherokee and have never noticed any odor. I always burn it for 5 minutes after I finish grilling then use a brush to clean off any residue left on the grate. The front storage box takes all of the stuff we used to put in the rear of the Jeep so there is plenty of room for the Q.
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:09 AM   #17

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
My weber rides in my highlander with a cover no smell rides with my campfire in a can

Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote