Sirius / XM -- how do you like it? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Old 06-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #11
Trailer: None
We got sirius radio with our last 3 new vehicles . Seldom used , was not impressed, dropped service.

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #12
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
The xm 2.0 service has better sound (for xm) but few have it.

I flip between about two dozen channels on road trips so have usually found something ok to listen too.

Tickles me that the cdn basic service gets nfl games, while the usa basic gets nhl plus others. I have not found need for full plan like Glenn.

BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #13
Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
I have a separate thread going about a permanent install in our 19. Sirius/XM is great, we have 5 receivers in 2 cars, 2 at home and a portable that travels with us. I'm growing tired of running wires to power and the antenna in the trailer and want to hard wire it in.

Word to the wise, the fine print in your contract says they will automatically renew "at the current price". My initial price was something like $25/MO for 5 units. I forgot about it and noticed an $800 charge! I called and threatened to cancel and they dropped the price down to $400 year for all 5 units.
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #14
Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
I guess the reason I like the sirius radio in my GMC is that the vehicle rarely gets used on a local basis. It is mainly our road trip vehicle so when I do hop in, everything is new to me. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #15
Trailer: Escape 19
If you can get internet through the car or on an internet receiver, mine is through AT&T hotspot, you can tune into Pandora which is free if you don't mind an occasional advertisement. You can pick your genre called radio stations and get a good variety of music. For example one of my stations is Hank Williams Jr. I get some of Hank's music and lots of other C & W similar to his music. There is some repetition but not as much as XM. A subscription is about $4.00 per month.
Nautilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:57 AM   #16
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Guess I'm old school. Grew up with Radio Free America. My '14 Silverado came with Onstar continuous coverage free for a trial period that ended after a few months and then they began charging me $31.95 a month. Nice little annuity there.

After a couple more months I told 'em to kiss off.
"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:13 AM   #17
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
I think if you spend alot of time on the road, the Sirius XM is a good option. Unfortunately for me, I'm usually out of town for 3-5 weeks at a time on business, and my Sirius equipped vehicle just sits there. Once the "free" introductory offer for Sirius expires, I won't renew it. I have a Slacker account which I really like, because you can do unlimited skips and a number of other things that you can't do with satellite radio. The sound quality is much better as well, but of course, you need mobile internet access like a Verizon MiFi.
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #18
Trailer: 2014 escape 21
I love it. I got a lifetime sub.when they were new. I think it was around 400 bucks. Im use one reciever and move it from house to garage to vehicle. When camping I have a boombox with a seperate power station. Have taken it on horse packs to everywhere else. I hook it into the 12 volt plugs in and out of trailer, works great. Nothing like a a couple of micro brews and bluesville in the boonies.
RWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:12 AM   #19
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
It doesn't work where I live/drive....everytime I drive past a hill or forest I lose the satellite signal.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #20
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Works for me in the mountains and forests of BC, with occasional brief dropout. I just have the puck antenna sitting on the dashboard.

2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote