Television - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2017, 09:10 AM   #91

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
But what about my 8 tracks and cassettes and beta and vis tapes? cd's and dvd's are now passe!
Hi: cpaharley2008... Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:23 AM   #92

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
...cd's and dvd's are now passe!
Only if one makes them so. Mine still work just fine and I see no reason to toss them just to have the latest in technology. But having any new technology that comes along does appeal to some folks.

Edited: I should have added that I also drive a twenty-five-year-old truck and see no reason to replace that very soon either. (And why can I no longer insert those smiley thingies without it posting just the URL?)

Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:45 AM   #93

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Only if one makes them so. Mine still work just fine and I see no reason to toss them just to have the latest in technology. But having any new technology that comes along does appeal to some folks.

Edited: I should have added that I also drive a twenty-five-year-old truck and see no reason to replace that very soon either. (And why can I no longer insert those smiley thingies without it posting just the URL?)
We also drive our 25 year truck . Have dvd's and cd's . Even still have records and player .Most alblums from when I was a teenager . VHF and a player for some art content , Linda needs . Do have a I-pod , which they are elimating now too. Not going to buy anything anymore just use what we have or rent DVD 's .Can put music in the l-pod to take anywhere . We have enough to last and be happy . Really love old cars , trucks and old music anyway . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #94

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We also drive our 25 year truck . Have dvd's and cd's . Even still have records and player .Most alblums from when I was a teenager . VHF and a player for some art content , Linda needs . Do have a I-pod , which they are elimating now too. Not going to buy anything anymore just use what we have or rent DVD 's .Can put music in the l-pod to take anywhere . We have enough to last and be happy . Really love old cars , trucks and old music anyway . Pat
So maybe at the next Escape Rally we can organize an 8-track and cassette tape music swap! I'll bring mine! (But just the ones I'm willing to part with! ) I wonder if those young Border Patrol officers who have never known analog music storage will think they are some newfangled contraband and confiscate them.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:19 AM   #95

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
So maybe at the next Escape Rally we can organize an 8-track and cassette tape music swap! I'll bring mine! (But just the ones I'm willing to part with! ) I wonder if those young Border Patrol officers who have never known analog music storage will think they are some newfangled contraband and confiscate them.
War Eagle your on ! Oh no about the precious players and music . I wouldn't be a very happy camper then . My kids don't think so but those were the good old days ! Nothing like hearing a old song being played somewhere ,maybe a movie to put a smile on your face and bring back a great time in our life ! Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote