Traitor - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2018, 02:02 PM   #41

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I don't particularly care for the Oliver. It has some nice features, but overall it's not the trailer for me. IF sleeping separately is okay, why not make up the dinette into a bed? Yes it may be a PITA to convert back to a dinette on a daily basis, but maybe that's not needed every day. But it sure would save you a bunch of $$$ because you're changing trailer brands.

I have the u-shape dinette (with filler board and extra cushion), the back portion of the dinette is a twin bed size and I've taken some marvelous sleeps back there.
\

Or make up the dinette as a twin along the back under the windo and still have a place to sit to eat.
Mtn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Handrail

If the deal falls through I've decided to put a pvc handrail on the bed frame between the mattress and wall. Easy to do if not helpful easy to undo.
Snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:50 PM   #43

questions

Since I've never had anything shipped before I'm new so up can I ask what questions I should be asking any shipper? Insurance License ect.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:20 AM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
Bed

We are experiencing some similar issues getting in and out of bed and double bed was great when we were newlyweds 40 years ago. We are 👀 at larger trailers with walk around queen beds especially for longer snow bird trips south.
Can’t even believe it and .....
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:58 AM   #45

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Olivers are very heavy, maybe another 1000# plus over the Escape....
Yeah, and $$
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjp View Post
Yeah, and $$
There are a lot of nice upgrades that go into the Oliver 1000lbs plus price . Sort of you get what you are paying for . Double wall 4 season for one . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #47

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy2 View Post
We've owned our escape 21 for a while, 5 trips. I'm several weeks into another rotator cuff surgery, due to this getting in and out of bed in our camper is painful just to be kind. We are thinking of going to an Oliver with twin beds, we had rather sleep together or our other pick a Bigfoot with the walk around bed in the rear, please don't throw stones.

I'm asking if anyone on this forum has any negative things to say about these campers. Don't misunderstand there isn't anything about the Escape that has disappointed us aside from my physical issues.
This suggestion might be total heresy, but here goes. We didn’t want the extra weight and price of the Oliver (and we do camp—albeit briefly in winter— four seasons pretty high up in the snowy California Sierra in our 17B and our satisfied with the comfort) but considered for awhile this Casita just because of its double bed layout. Escape totally beats Casita in options, build quality, and excellent customer support (and we Really like our 17’s inner wall covering in comparison!) But kinda would like to see some possibility for double beds in the 17 and 19 foot Escape layouts, too. Lots of members of the ‘Silver Back’ age group have hip and shoulder problems just like you.
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:18 PM   #48

Trailer: 2017 F250
Fix vs work around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy2 View Post
We've owned our escape 21 for a while, 5 trips. I'm several weeks into another rotator cuff surgery, due to this getting in and out of bed in our camper is painful just to be kind. We are thinking of going to an Oliver with twin beds, we had rather sleep together or our other pick a Bigfoot with the walk around bed in the rear, please don't throw stones.

I'm asking if anyone on this forum has any negative things to say about these campers. Don't misunderstand there isn't anything about the Escape that has disappointed us aside from my physical issues.
I have had four shoulder surgeries; 2 on each. Three relating to old and new injuries. One to improve the aging process. In all cases I aggressively followed the PT schedule. After this I adjusted my life style. For example, I found som different hobbies because of injury risk. The other camper beds may be a good solution. That being said, my personal preference is to fix the underlying problem if possible.
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:03 AM   #49

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I’m probably due for a rotator cuff surgery, but holding off as long as possible. In our 19 it’s not a problem as I can get out easily from the inboard position, however, I can definitely see where the scooting out of the 21 bed would be painful. Just a thought, but is it possible to sleep backwards with head down at the interior end? Not sure I’d have to try it, but it might allow a better solution to get in and out of the 21 bed with less manipulation.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:40 AM   #50

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had the wall reinforced in my first 21 and plan to repeat the same on my next. I installed teak towel racks in the bath side and handles to assist on the bed side, reached up and got up....
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2018, 06:41 AM   #51

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
I'll chime in here as the resident occupational therapist on the forum. I think the double bed option makes sense if bed mobility is a problem. Pat and I visited the Oliver factory last year and were impressed with the quality of the build and the ability to function in below freezing weather. But unless you require that capability, not sure it's worth the money--just buy a new casita every few years when it starts to get moldy!

Here's an effective way to get out of bed. Useful if you have shoulder problems. It uses the principal of a "class 2 lever--a teeter totter". Scooch over to the side of the bed, then let your legs, up to the thigh, dangle off the side of the bed, then use both arms to push yourself into an upright position. The legs off the side of the bed become a counter weight making it easier to lift your upper body into a sitting position.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:07 AM   #52

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
Morning Nick,
That's how I've been doing it forever and I don't have any shoulder problems. I'm also a retired Occupational Therapist. After 37 yrs on the job, that's hard to believe!
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #53

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I think here's a guy who's going to have major back problems.
Attached Thumbnails
bull4A.jpg  
Old 08-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #54

Rotator cuff

Hopefully this surgery will correct the problem and things will be fine. That wasn't the only reason we looked at a different camper. My wife wanted a few more things to make life a little better while away, she is retired now and has actually turned into a camping junkie. She has already planned the next three long trips to the keys.

Anyway she choose the 25RQ and it should be on it's way next week. Don't misunderstand there isn't anything wrong with the Escape.

I will post the Escape 21 here first when the BF arrives, will try to take pictures in the next few days, may actually already have a buyer who looked at the camper about a week ago.

One reason I stay on this forum is just for this reason, everyones helpful and curtious.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:05 AM   #55

Sold

Our Escape 21 has been sold, will be picked up on 11 Aug, Bigfoot 25RQ should be here on the 14/15 of Aug.

Thank you to all who chimed in here. Besides this and the Farrier pages are websites I have no intention of ever leaving.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:11 AM   #56

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Perfect timing, old one out the back with a new one in the front, all in the same week!