19' or 21' Escape - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2017, 11:14 PM   #21

Trailer: 21' Escape-"Song"
We are just going to pick up our 21' trailer at end of this month. The deciding factor for us, 21' v 19', was the orientation of the bed. We did not want one of us to have to crawl over the other in the middle of the night. Know this is not an issue for some, but we knew, for us, it would be.
Linda
linheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:23 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
After having a 17B we knew we preferred the dinette in the rear. With the U-shape and Springfield it is easy to make into another bed as well. The other plus with a 21 is the larger bathroom.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:20 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Yes, the ever debated 19 vs 21. Like others have stated, we all have preferences based on a myriad of factors. There is no right or wrong, just what works for each of us. Myself, it would definitely be the 19, and mostly for the layout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersteffy View Post
I found the off center, optional front window visually weird, plus we wanted the shelf above the bed so we did not go with the extra window. I imagine the 19' bed to be much better for ventilation.
When looking at comparisons this is one factor I never considered. In the 19, as well as the 5.0TA now, we often have windows open providing ventilation while we sleep. I would miss this, and know my wife definitely would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPlusLu View Post
- and there's also about 6 inches gap space on both sides between the mattress and the wall.
That gap is well over 6", as it widens about 4" the foot of the bed on each side. I agree, this is great storage space. On my side my guitar and case are near the foot and it has a few inches to spare between it and the bed, and I plan to build a side table at the front on each side, just below the window. Actually, I might rebuild that whole corner bit with the cubbies in them as we do not find them very useful where they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
One thing I've found is the maintenance, washing/waxing is all I can handle twice a year on the 19.
I hear you on that. Up to now (I picked up our trailer in January) I have only wand washed the our 5.0TA, and it needs a good hand wash and will probably get a polish then too. The scope of this task is daunting compared to the 19. I might have to hire baglo's SIL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Bend View Post
Should we keep our 19' classic, or should we consider selling it and buying the newly designed 19'? Windows, door, bathroom cabinet, and awning (among other changes) are considerations.
Thoughts?
Thanks for all of your thoughtful opinions.
Bob in Bend
With comparing the new to the older models, with all the difference in features, again it is preferences. The older model 19 is a fantastic trailer in it's own right. If I still had mine, I would be the same in I would consider whether going to the 2017 was worth it or not, but if my 19 was newer anyway, likely would not. My 18 was a 2009 and the changes to 2016 were many, all good ones too. If I was deciding now between a 2016 and a 2017, I would most definitely go with a 2017 for all the upgraded features.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #24

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Yes, the ever debated 19 vs 21. Like others have stated, we all have preferences based on a myriad of factors. There is no right or wrong, just what works for each of us.

My 18 ....
YES, YES, YEAH!!!!
They came out with a new design!!
What's the layout Jim?
Old 08-09-2017, 11:27 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
YES, YES, YEAH!!!!
They came out with a new design!!
What's the layout Jim?
*phones the hospital to see if they will revoke Marry's day pass*
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-09-2017, 11:34 AM   #26

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
*phones the hospital to see if they will revoke Marry's day pass*
Before they shut the door on me, tell me at least if it is a single axle or dual. PLEASE?!?!
Old 08-09-2017, 11:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Before they shut the door on me, tell me at least if it is a single axle or dual. PLEASE?!?!
Okay, okay, I will say it. I messed up (again). LOL