power tongue jack - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
.. Sometimes we don't know what life will bring though as I learned on last camping trip . I had just installed the electric jack before that trip . So I sure was glad of that jack which I never knew I would need .... Pat
Yes, you never know when you are going to need the power version. I could have used ours earlier when having a lot of trouble with the other one, and it also went bad. You bought yours just in time. We could not use our original one any more as it just ground up apparently. Someone else had that happen, too.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Yes, you never know when you are going to need the power version. I could have used ours earlier when having a lot of trouble with the other one, and it also went bad. You bought yours just in time. We could not use our original one any more as it just ground up apparently. Someone else had that happen, too.
Never had a issue with Escape supplied jack just my right side and was glad to just push a button . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:36 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 escape 19 ft
thanks so much everybody.......since deciding to order an escape have found all the information extremely helpful....so am going with the power jack....my son-in-law swears by it and he's 20 years younger
peteanddarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:48 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
We had a hand crank jack on our 17B, and Anderson WDH. That made for a *lot* of jacking up and down every time we hitched or unhitched, which we did for a full year of trailer habitation.

We ordered an electric jack and the E2 on our 19, and love how much faster, easier, and less sweaty the whole process is. Especially if you happen to roll into a CG as it’s getting dark and cold rain is flying in your face. Well, the dark, cold, rainy scenario isn’t normally sweaty, but I’m sure you get my point.

Love the electric jack.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:40 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Can the lesser Barker model manage an Escape 19? Got answer from manuf. yes.
dmc94572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 11:55 AM   #26

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
We have enjoyed the power tongue jack on all of our past RV's

An option we added was the Fastway flip pad to it.
https://www.campingworld.com/fastway...RoCE9YQAvD_BwE

It saves time by automatically adding a 6 inch lift to the jack, lessens run time. They also have a 4 inch version.
The same thing as adding a stack of levelers under the jack but it is always there.
Seems to be a dead link for me. However, it looks like a great addition. Looked it up but there are a number of different part #s. Do you happen to know which one you got that fits the power jack equipped by Escape? From what I can see, it's simply a difference in length but thought I would ask. Thank you.
JeffinBC is offline   Reply With Quote