Starting new group - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2016, 01:02 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I understand they use smoke signals down there......
Hi: cpaharley2008... I heard it was "Wells Fargo" or "Pony Express"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:11 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Seems many of the Texas folks do their own thing together but rarely surface here. They must have created some way of communicating besides this forum.
There's the other all-molded-towable forums and Facebook. I see far more discussion about gatherings over at the CasitaForum than here. Other than very small groups of friends, it appears most Escape owners prefer gathering with a variety of brands of trailers. I know I do.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Texas group has been around for quite a while. They have have five discussions with 48 replies.
Vancouver Island group is recent and has one member and no discussion.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 11.50.48 AM.png  
Old 07-03-2016, 02:54 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Casitas are made in Texas and have a VERY large following here in the South. I imagine they easily dominate the Texas market, and they would tend to be a pretty tight-knit home-state group. There are two different dedicated Casita forums (CasitaForum and CasitaClub). To give you an idea of scale, this Escape forum currently has 5,133 members while the CasitaForum alone currently has 16,107 members. That is nearly half that of FiberglassRV (36,261 current members). Casita can organize their own rallies without giving much thought to owners of other fiberglass brands. The Green Eggs & Ham Rally in Alabama each March is in reality a Casita rally, but they cross-post it on FiberglassRV so others will be aware of it. Proof they are a very welcoming lot. They just have other options for communicating within their large camper family that most of us don't see unless one is also a member of one of the Casita forums.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:01 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Seems many of the Texas folks do their own thing together but rarely surface here. They must have created some way of communicating besides this forum.
There's a 'Texas Owners Group' on the forum, but it's rarely if ever used. My time is spent on the main forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I understand they use smoke signals down there......
Hmm. I thought it was haze.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Casitas are made in Texas and have a VERY large following here in the South. I imagine they easily dominate the Texas market, and they would tend to be a pretty tight-knit home-state group.
They are tight-knit Dale, but as you mentioned, they are also a pretty welcoming group. You can find Escapes at the Bluebonnet Casita Rally, at Pineknot, and also we had a pretty good representation at Matagorda this last year. In fact, I've received two referral checks from ETI where a sale resulted from me showing the Escape to a Casita owner at such a rally. Maybe the day will come when the mix isn't 95% Casita and 5% other brands.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
... I've received two referral checks from ETI where a sale resulted from me showing the Escape to a Casita owner at such a rally. ...
Those referral checks are always a very nice surprise when they show up in the mail.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape 19
Just to clear things up a bit here, we live on Vancouver Island I thought it would be a nice thing to get a group going on the island where anyone is welcome,month want to exclude anyone. That was not the intention here at all, I was thinking a group for all Vancouver islanders interested in chatting about local camp grounds, experiences, suggestions etc.. Maybe a gathering, a place to meet local Escape owners.
It was a simple question I posted looking for some help and or ideas, not to garner negative up solicited replies. Kind of funny how some peoples demeanour changes while sitting at a computer screen with too much time on their hands or nothing positive to contribute to a legitimate question. Thanks to all that had something positive to say !

Isn't this forum for just that asking question and for help?
Bluegrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:22 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrouse View Post
Just to clear things up a bit here, we live on Vancouver Island I thought it would be a nice thing to get a group going on the island where anyone is welcome,month want to exclude anyone. That was not the intention here at all, I was thinking a group for all Vancouver islanders interested in chatting about local camp grounds, experiences, suggestions etc.. Maybe a gathering, a place to meet local Escape owners.
It was a simple question I posted looking for some help and or ideas, not to garner negative up solicited replies. Kind of funny how some peoples demeanour changes while sitting at a computer screen with too much time on their hands or nothing positive to contribute to a legitimate question. Thanks to all that had something positive to say !

Isn't this forum for just that asking question and for help?
Hi Bluegrouse . It is kind of disheartening sometimes . There is a lot of great help , idea's and nice people here on the forum . Don't give up . It is always nice to have new members . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:04 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Hi, Bluegrouse. I think part of the problem is folks weren't sure what kind of group you are wanting to start, so they gave answers for several possibilities (both positive and negative for each type). For example, I thought you were asking about how to start another forum (website). Since it wasn't clear, I decided to wait until you came back and clarified (as several others had already asked for more information and you had not yet replied). I don't think any of the answers were mean-spirited, even the "negatives." We just didn't have enough information to discuss intelligently - but discussed it anyway, we did.

As I think Robert said, there's a fairly large group of Escape owners in the Texas group, but we don't communicate much in the "group" comments. We all just participate on the main forums, as appropriate (or sometimes not).

Best wishes to you and your fellow Vancouver Islanders! Maybe you and a few others can get together soon, for a mini-rally at one of your local parks/campgrounds!
Old 07-06-2016, 04:29 PM   #31

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Well said, Mary! My thoughts exactly. I even re-read everything as I didn't recall seeing anything remotely mean-spirited.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:48 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
For example, I thought you were asking about how to start another forum (website).
This was what my first thought was too, and after reading replies was still confused as to what Bluegrouse was looking to achieve, so had nothing to offer.

When asking for opinions and help, one must accept everyone's opinions, as cherry-picking the ones you want to hear is pretty hard to do.

I did learn something though, I never even realized there were Social Groups.

BUT, now that I know what BG is looking for, I might suggest a Facebook Page where the public can read, but one needs to be given permission to join and post. Just a thought.

Even though I am not an Islander, it is in my trailering bucket list to do an extended trip on the island, about a month or more, with lots of exploring to the north side.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote