Verify Your Forum Account Info - Site Updates Soon - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 1964 Globetrotter
Verify Your Forum Account Info - Site Updates Soon

In the coming weeks, we will be moving towards a simpler login using your email address (which is private) and password but first we want to make sure the address associated with your account is accurate.

Next week we will be prompting all forum members to verify their contact email as they login to the forum.

Many members have ancient e-mail addresses associated with their current accounts and so next week as you login we will ask you to affirm your email address is correct or to update it. If you need to update your email address please follow the prompts and then check your inbox for a confirmation email to your new address. If you are updating your e-mail address, there is a link in that email you will need to click to complete the process. You can then proceed as usual to login with your current user/pass information.

Once members have had time to verify existing addresses (or update them if needed) we will make the change to logging in with that address (a few weeks from now). We appreciate your patience as we go through this process.

Escape Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Was anything learned from this transition in previous forums? In FiberglassRV it was painful (at least for some of us), with multiple attempts required to trigger the transition of an account, and multiple stages of confirmation required... with problems at each stage.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:44 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Was anything learned from this transition in previous forums? In FiberglassRV it was painful (at least for some of us), with multiple attempts required to trigger the transition of an account, and multiple stages of confirmation required... with problems at each stage.
Yes - we removed one of the steps (e-mail sent to you with click link)

It should be fairly painless now.

Next week you will see a popup here asking if you e-mail is correct. If you click yes, you are done. If you need to update your address then you would have led through that process.

About a week after that we will switch to the actual login change (with notice again)

Old 01-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #4

Thanks, Janet.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
In the coming weeks, we will be moving towards a simpler login using your email address (which is private) and password but first we want to make sure the address associated with your account is accurate.

Next week we will be prompting all forum members to verify their contact email as they login to the forum.

Many members have ancient e-mail addresses associated with their current accounts and so next week as you login we will ask you to affirm your email address is correct or to update it. If you need to update your email address please follow the prompts and then check your inbox for a confirmation email to your new address. If you are updating your e-mail address, there is a link in that email you will need to click to complete the process. You can then proceed as usual to login with your current user/pass information.

Once members have had time to verify existing addresses (or update them if needed) we will make the change to logging in with that address (a few weeks from now). We appreciate your patience as we go through this process.

Just a quick note: today this verification has been implemented. If you have substantial trouble you can click the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach the help desk.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
No problem with new log in.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
No problem with new log in.
But the login hasn't changed yet. That was just the e-mail verification... which worked for me, too.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
True. Just thought I'd post something positive.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:53 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

Hi, I tried to update the email that is shown in my profile but it tells me the new email already in use. The one in my profile will no longer work in a month or two.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:07 PM   #10
Site Team

Chances are good that you have two accounts. I can merge them... can you shoot me a PM with the e-mail addresses in question?

Old 07-23-2019, 07:24 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Need account help!

I am sending this from my phone because I am not able to log in on my home computer. I am afraid to log out on my phone for fear I'll never get back in!

I have tried multiple times and sent multiple messages to someone (I have no idea who gets - or is supposed to get - them. No one ever responds to my emails.

My user name is Posttoasties.
My email address is posttoasties@mainstreetcom.com

HELP! PLEASE!
Posttoasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:58 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posttoasties View Post
I am sending this from my phone because I am not able to log in on my home computer. I am afraid to log out on my phone for fear I'll never get back in!

I have tried multiple times and sent multiple messages to someone (I have no idea who gets - or is supposed to get - them. No one ever responds to my emails.

HELP! PLEASE!
Do you use your email address you signed in with as your username and add your password? If so, you should get in.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #13

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Like Jim says, you need to put your email address in the login screen as your username.

Are you using the Full Site view from the phone or the mobile? The Full Site view looks just like the web page you see on the home computer. From the Full Site view you can use the Contact Us option at the very bottom of the screen to send a message to the site administrators, don't know how you are trying to send it now.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:46 PM   #14

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posttoasties View Post

HELP! PLEASE!

I’ve been having the same problem for some time now. No response from the Admins at “Contact Us” button on the website. Only Tapatalk still works. Which would be mostly ok except that I can’t update my profile via Tapatalk.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:40 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I reported both of these to the administrator...
Old 07-24-2019, 08:54 AM   #16

Thanks! I’ll report back if/when/how it gets sorted.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Have you guys cleared cookies and cache on your browsers? Not always the cause of stuff like this, but sometimes it is.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Have you guys cleared cookies and cache on your browsers? Not always the cause of stuff like this, but sometimes it is.

I did try that, to no avail, however I’m happy to report that Admin Janet squared me away and I’m good to go, thanks! Witness the new sig [emoji6]
Old 07-30-2019, 10:12 AM   #19

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
A while ago when logging in to the Forum, I got a screen message that said that I should login with my RV Trip Wizard login to access the Escape Forum. I did that, it worked and that is now what I use to login to Forum. If you have an RV Trip Wizard login, you might try that instead of the old forum login.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #20

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
I did try that, to no avail, however I’m happy to report that Admin Janet squared me away and I’m good to go, thanks! Witness the new sig [emoji6]

Any idea what the fix was?