We had a suggestion from a member.. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #11

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Re: We had a suggestion from a member..

More prizes, freebees and gratuities would be nice

J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
JCZ

Thanks a bunch guys, for your consideration.

I'm aware of how a owner's forum works.....I've been on boat and truck owners forums and I've been a moderator on the CVO Harley owners forum for the past seven years. We started out small to however, in short order we found that getting the forum organized into model specific boards helped our members.

Down the road, when a member is coming back to look for a specific post for reference, etc. it's much easier for the member (and moderators) to find it if they at least know which model it was. May not be time for this forum to consider this yet. It was just a suggestion and I, for one, appreciate your consideration. I also appreciate this forum and especially you moderators! I know, first hand, how thankless of a job it is. The pay is lousey and you just keep doing it out of dedication. Guys, I appreciate it!

As it is......as soon as I logged on this morning I clicked on "Show unread posts since last visit" and nothing came up. However, there's been a number of posts since my last visit and they didn't show up. Is it just me having the issue?

Old 07-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp

As it is......as soon as I logged on this morning I clicked on "Show unread posts since last visit" and nothing came up. However, there's been a number of posts since my last visit and they didn't show up. Is it just me having the issue?

same here, I end up doing a manual search.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #14

Heh JCZ,
First problem is getting into the camper..standard door is 5'3". No problem getting in, but I've got binged a couple times going out! Probably being tall, you are more aware than I of such things.
Right inside, center isle, is 6'6". Turn left toward the dinette, right at the sink, it is 6'3". Turn right, the ceiling is 6'9" at the steps going up to the bed. The ceiling in the bath is about 6'4".
The bed is a standard shaped queen, and standard width, but is a couple inches shorter.....room for your feet however.
Love our 5.0....easy to hook up, and easy to pull. But, since the pivot point is over the axle, it's different in the way it turns (trailer radius is shorter than truck), and it backs differently....just a little learning curve.
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #15

Oops, I think I answered on the wrong thread : - (
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ
It seems to have always worked for me, JC. Though, not sure I have ever double checked. This is all I do in most forums, except for on large photography forum that gets thousands of posts per day.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #17
JCZ

Same thing when I logged on just now. Clicked on "show unread posts since last visit" it showed that there weren't any. Very odd.

Then I clicked on "show new replies to your posts" and several came up. I'll report it directly to a moderator.

Thanks a bunch Hokie, for your exact measurements. The 5.0 also looks to be a bit taller than that Scamp I looked at yesterday. It's definately going to be a 5.0 for us.

Thank you, everybody, for your help!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

JC, those are two different links though. The first one is only new posts since your last visit, the second one is replies to posts that you have never read.

edit: I just tried what you said, and the second link came up with 4 replies, all about 2 months old. They were all threads I never bothered going back to.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #19

Well.. that was fun..

Looks like we'll just leave the boards the way they are for now.. I'll check to see if there's any reported problem with the forum software on the "show unread" link and then start on that iPhone App :0

Ok.. go out here and camp!

favorite quote: "Put the candle back"
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #20

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffZ
Well.. that was fun..

Looks like we'll just leave the boards the way they are for now.. I'll check to see if there's any reported problem with the forum software on the "show unread" link and then start on that iPhone App :0

Ok.. go out here and camp!
COOL let us know when its ready...

PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote