Working on Build Sheet - 5.0 TA - Advice on features and tow vechicle - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
quilting lady, my floor is light gray. i can sweep and then clean the whole floor (in a 17A) in less than 5 minutes with a floor cleaning pad that has vinegar in it. it's a generic of the type that is used with swiffer. granted, i do it on hands and knees on my entry rug for padding, but it really only takes a couple minutes. if it gets dirty just flip it over and use the other side, too.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:49 AM   #22

Trailer: Researching to buy new 5.0 OTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Iamcumberbatch... Although the micro is inexpensive... the glass turntable isn't!!! Ours travels in with the folded linens. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Good trick! Sounds like a lesson learned the hard way!
Iamcumberbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:00 AM   #23

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0 TA currently in "The Build Queue"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark&Elaine View Post
Hi Jerry, Elaine and I picked up our new 5.0TA in April of 2017. I tow it with 2012 Toyota Tundra. I already had the truck so I didn't have that decision to make. The Tundra is a great truck, tows easily, is very comfortable, extremely reliable but doesn't get great gas mileage. Tough to beat the F150 in that department! I installed the Andersen hitch and really like the convenience of it. We picked lots of options for the trailer. Dual batteries, thermal windows,extra insulation, A.C. ,solar, surge protector, detachable cord, outside shower, full passenger closet, 3 flip up counters, tv antenna and mount, heat pads,captain lights, awning light, backup camera, aluminium wheels, u-shaped dinette, foot flush, upholstery, Formica, bigger sink, switches for overhead light and outside light , dual water heater, toilet shut off valve, ss cook top and vent hood and extra 120v outlets at the foot of the bed. We omitted the bathroom sink and don't miss it. I also omitted the dinette table altogether. I installed the Lagun table mount and Lagun folding table top. Love this set up. The standard table takes up way too much room and is difficult to get in and out of. We didn't get an oven because I thought it took up valuable storage space. It's the only item I might reconsider. There's ample storage space. We have a small convection oven instead. We've been really pleased with the trailer! I've had a few minor issues that Escape quickly remedied and were excellent to deal with. They are true to their great reputation! Have fun assembling your build sheet and I hope you don't have to wait too long to get it built! Mark
I'm interested in your comment about the oven.
We are planning to order a 2019 in the spring and are already grappling with all the choices about what to add or omit.
Our current stick and tin trailer has an oven and I like it for occasional baking and reheating food. When we looked at the Escape, my husband and I wondered if we would regret losing the under counter storage space by installing the oven vs the two burner stove top.
I like the idea of keeping things streamlined and having a bit more countertop space. But, I also wonder if we'll end up filling the cabinets and countertop with portable appliances to replace built-ins.
With your experience, do you feel that you could do without the cabinet under your stove?
And ... Would the oven significantly reduce the counter space that the two burner cooktop provides? (We would be installing the cooktop horizontally on the countertop ... which I believe is the only way ETI will install them of late.)
Anyway, I would appreciate your insight. Thanks
LaurieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:00 AM   #24

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaAnn View Post
Detachable power cord (rather than pull-out) provides one less way for critters to get into your trailer, whether it's voles or mice or small rats or ants.

The #1 spot for critters to enter your trailer. Without the detachable cord, you provide a great ramp for them to enter.

Been-There-Done-That!

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #25

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i have detachable cord and i also went with an oven i like it works great. i don't like to travel with lots of plug in cooking devices.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:57 AM   #26

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0 TA currently in "The Build Queue"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post

The #1 spot for critters to enter your trailer. Without the detachable cord, you provide a great ramp for them to enter.

Been-There-Done-That!

Enjoy,

Perry
We recently installed a detachable power cord on our old 5er. It has been one of the best modifications we've made so far.

No more tangled power cord to push through a flimsy plastic hole and no more ants or even mice (through that hole anyway)! In fact, the day we installed it, we had ants trapped outside our trailer walking up that "power cord ramp" with no more access to the inside.
To our dismay, the following day, we discovered that there were also hundreds of ants trapped inside the trailer!! Luckily, some bait traps took care of them in short order!

The detachable power cord is a no brainer for us. It's worth every penny as a "must have" on our build sheet.
LaurieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:04 PM   #27

you mention that you will be spending most of your time boondocking.
If this is the case drop the stabilizer legs and request sciccors jacks.
When we lived I. The Yukon, all our camping was somewhere by a lake , not ina camp ground.
I installed scissors jacks, best thingI did as a modification. A drill with a 3/4” socket, makes leveling the frailer, a few minute affair.
Doug
Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.0, advice, escape, ota