19 Coming to Arizona - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Old 11-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #31
Trailer: Escape
Just to clarify...the newer version of the Dometic 11,000 BTU A/C comes equipped with a smart start capacitor. I successfully ran the A/C with a Honda 2000. I put it through all the paces of starting up under different situations, and it worked fine. It does run into the peak capacity zone when the compressor kicks in, but does not trip the breaker. It would be an issue if the trailer batteries are weak and the on-board battery charger is working to charge them while you are planning to use the A/C. I would suggest switching the batteries off before operating the A/C. Our test had all the LED lights on, and the furnace running. (had to create heat in the winter ) The generator should provide enough power to run basic items in the trailer at the same time as the A/C.

The down side of the new a/c is it is approx 20 lbs heavier than the previous version. (its not the smart start)

Hope that helps

"Never argue with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." George Carlins
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #32
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner
Just to mention, the newer one with the smart start has been around for a while as I am pretty sure that is what we have from 2011.

Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote