5.0 TA heading to Denver in August 2017 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2016, 12:42 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Tiger Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
We stayed in a very nice park near Breckinridge/Frisco at almost 9000ft., a place called Tiger Run.
Steve...I happened to come across Tiger Run when I was doing some research on places that people might stay when skiing the Breckenridge area. This is a swanky place that clearly caters to the big boys with deep pockets. I've never seen a place that actually stated a minimum trailer length which they state as 20' (not including tongue) and a maximum trailer age. Just wondering if they gave you any hassle since an Escape 21 is really only 17'? Or maybe because you have such a nice new towing combination they just left you alone. Having 21 on the trailer graphics probably helps too. If I pulled in with a 19 they'd probably say scram riffraff!

Breckenridge RV Sites | Tiger Run Resort
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:42 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA (sold) '13 Tundra DC 4.6 tow
Thank you

Thank you for all of the replies!
We're not sure about a pickup date, but we feel very fortunate to have this trailer for our future adventures.
Chuck
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:24 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
You can tell them that your 19' measures 20' 2" (with the spare tire)! Lol That should get you in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Steve...I happened to come across Tiger Run when I was doing some research on places that people might stay when skiing the Breckenridge area. This is a swanky place that clearly caters to the big boys with deep pockets. I've never seen a place that actually stated a minimum trailer length which they state as 20' (not including tongue) and a maximum trailer age. Just wondering if they gave you any hassle since an Escape 21 is really only 17'? Or maybe because you have such a nice new towing combination they just left you alone. Having 21 on the trailer graphics probably helps too. If I pulled in with a 19 they'd probably say scram riffraff!

float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Include the storage box as a spare bedroom for little children.

I mildly looked into buying a space but the HOA fee is $250.00 per month for owners and I wouldn't want to own a spot and find out I can't park a 5.0 TA on it. My (grown) kids go snowboarding a lot in Breckenridge so they would use it more in winter than summer.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:09 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Thank you for all of the replies!
We're not sure about a pickup date, but we feel very fortunate to have this trailer for our future adventures.
Chuck
Denver/Front Range area Escape owners have reached critical mass for a rally!

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:05 PM   #26

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post

Fortunately we did not read the rules and regs prior to arriving without reservations. We simply found the park on Allstays and it was a good destination for the end of our day. They were very polite and didn't hassle us at all. The gal at registration asked for our trailer length, trailer age and tow vehicle age, which I found a little unusual, but after a 320 mile day and some harrowing ascents, I hardly gave it a second thought. The $65 was quite high, but when we arrived at our wide, impeccably landscaped site and saw the plush private showers, I better understood. We may have been undersized, but definitely not outclassed in our Escape 21!!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:08 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
To each his own, but Tiger Run apparently thinks we are too low class to camp there in our 19:

"WE APOLOGIZE, BUT WE DO NOT ALLOW THE FOLLOWING ENTRY INTO THE RESORT:
Any unit under 20 ft. (The tongue cannot be used in the measurement)".
Old 11-01-2016, 11:02 PM   #28

If the tongue cannot be used, they would need to ask everyone in the low 20's the size of the body, which I highly doubt they do. If you showed up, I am guessing that they would take you. Just tell them that you measure 20' which you do.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #29
Site Team

Well, it's about 20 feet if you include the rear bumper and the tongue. Otherwise, closer to 15. I'd just find another place to camp without silly minimum length rules.

While I understand the desire to have only nicer rigs in the "resort", I've seen some pretty crappy trailers which are over 20 feet, and are less than 20 years old.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:08 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I wouldn't stay in such a place for fear of being knocked over by somebody opening their slides.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:41 PM   #31

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
If the tongue cannot be used, they would need to ask everyone in the low 20's the size of the body, which I highly doubt they do.
Not really. Other than the moulded fiberglass brands (which are a tiny fraction of the market) and Airstream, travel trailers are normally identified by the body length, not the overall length. Most brands use the body length in the model number, so almost everyone knows the approximate body length of their trailer... and not the overall length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
If you showed up, I am guessing that they would take you. Just tell them that you measure 20' which you do.
It worked for Steve, but if you are aware (because you read the rule or they told you) that it is overall length, then you're lying about the length. That may be a viable technique.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:51 PM   #32

A lot of places are keeping out certain kinds of trailers. I hardly think that they have anything like Escapes in mind. What I believe that they mainly want is trailers with tanks and to keep out the ones that do not have them. Steve's experience proves exactly what I am saying, in that they did not ask body length. They probably saw the trailer and found it quite acceptable --- and/or Steve!

Of course, if you show up with a great big "19'" on the front, they could feel that they need to say that you are not allowed. No telling unless someone tries it. Sight unseen, they do not have any idea what kind of trailer you are talking about. Many of these kinds of places routinely let in people who do not meet the rules. They are an excuse to keep certain vehicles out.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:57 AM   #33

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
The day before, when we planned this as our intended destination, we were very pleased to find a campground at that location (mileage and elevation) that was not closed for the season. As we traveled back from New Hampshire, we found many seasonal parks listed as open through October , only to find them closed early. Tiger Run was open "year-round" and was a quick decision. We didn't read the rest of the fine print.
We are all routinely asked the length of our trailer, as it usually pertains to maximum length. I always honestly and proudly say 21 feet.
As we walked around the park, we saw many permanent trailers and fifth wheels winterized for the coming ski season. Now, knowing the rules, I believe the HOA fears the potential for the 'run down trailer park' appearance we have seen when too many permanent residents clutter up the property. This property did not have that appearance.
I suppose, in this case, ignorance was bliss as there was no storm, but we were fortunate to find "Any Port" for the night!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:39 AM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Not welcome

If I am not welcome, I don't want to be there. As I have said several times in my life, "I've been thrown out of classier joints than this. " including the time I was banned from a packinghouse tavern called the CIO, for cutting the cord off the jukebox because I didn't like the song. Why take the time to lie? There's a Walmart just down the road.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:30 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
....cutting the cord off the jukebox because I didn't like the song....
Now why didn't I think of that Dave? Nowadays I'd need a pretty sharp knife.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #36

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Now why didn't I think of that Dave? Nowadays I'd need a pretty sharp knife.
That's why we Escape
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #37

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
... the time I was banned from a packinghouse tavern called the CIO, for cutting the cord off the jukebox because I didn't like the song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Nowadays I'd need a pretty sharp knife.
Not that I'm encouraging this - clearly, the cords which should be cut are connected to generators rather than jukeboxes - but there's a tool for that: High-Leverage Cable Cutter. I have a cheap version, but I don't carry with the RV...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote