5.0 TA heading to Denver in August 2017 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA (sold) '13 Tundra DC 4.6 tow
5.0 TA heading to Denver in August 2017

Hi all,
I think I might have set some kind of record for the length of time between when I started browsing the forum, becoming a member, and finally placing an order. We secured a completion date in August next year - now the fun starts. We are going to visit ETI next month to learn all we can about the options and new features on the 2017 models.
I grew up with trailers and 5th wheels and we owned a Hi-Lo trailer for a few years right after we got married, but that has been a few years ago, so we have a lot to learn.
Thanks to Alan and Susannah for showing us their 21!
Chuck & Paula
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Better late than never Chuck! Congrats on your order.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:40 AM   #3

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I discovered this forum and the Escapes in 2009 and just ordered in April. Life got in the way. At least we've had lots of time to think about the build sheet!
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Hi all,
I think I might have set some kind of record for the length of time between when I started browsing the forum, becoming a member, and finally placing an order. We secured a completion date in August next year - now the fun starts. We are going to visit ETI next month to learn all we can about the options and new features on the 2017 models.
I grew up with trailers and 5th wheels and we owned a Hi-Lo trailer for a few years right after we got married, but that has been a few years ago, so we have a lot to learn.
Thanks to Alan and Susannah for showing us their 21!
Chuck & Paula
Hi Chuck & Paula! We're from Littleton and also have a 5.0 TA scheduled for pickup in August of 2017! We're trying to figure out everything from the forum. It's great you guys are headed up to Chilliwack to get a first hand look. Perhaps we need to do the same thing, or get an update from you folks when you return.
Our biggest consideration (after seeing a 5.0 TA in Breckenridge) is whether to eliminate the dining table and just have a U-shaped lounge area. I've also seen the some people raised the floor in the dining area because they felt that the bench seats are too high (to accommodate the water heater, I think).
Anyhow, this is all pretty fun to think about, even though it's still a year away!
Happy planning!
John & Joy
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
2017 5.0TA will have the raised floor in the dinette area. That is one of the 2017 changes.

I have a 5.0 TA due late July 2017 so there will be 3 for Colorado in a short time.

I like the U shape dinette and don't think I like the two pedestal poles so I am also interested in an alternative. The Springfield pedestal is another idea. I like the u shaped dinette also because my understand is that the two batteries and much of the electrics get put under the new rear bench.

Steve in Broomfield
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:19 PM   #6

Wow - we definitely need to compare notes as we start completing our build sheets!
Just an fyi, Southwest has great airfare to Seattle with their current sale that ends today if you want to schedule a visit. We will qualify for a Companion Pass with them at the end of this month, so it was an easy decision to book a trip.
Re the U shaped dinette: we want one as well, but we are undecided on the table configuration.
We are also interested in learning about the other revisions for the 2017 5.0 TA as they are released. I hope that more info is available when we visit.
Chuck
Old 08-17-2016, 03:56 PM   #7

garnetinstruments.com

Check out the SeeLeveL II Model 709-P3 Tank Monitor System.
Also check out a recent discussion about Tank Sensors, Horst vs. the
SeeLeveL II.
I'm trying to generate interest among current buyers to ask about getting this system installed either as an option or as standard equipment. I would prefer getting tanks with no probe holes drilled into them and this system attached.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
2017 5.0TA will have the raised floor in the dinette area. That is one of the 2017 changes.

I have a 5.0 TA due late July 2017 so there will be 3 for Colorado in a short time.

I like the U shape dinette and don't think I like the two pedestal poles so I am also interested in an alternative. The Springfield pedestal is another idea. I like the u shaped dinette also because my understand is that the two batteries and much of the electrics get put under the new rear bench.

Steve in Broomfield
Hi Steve - maybe we all should caravan back to Colorado in August next year! After all we've been reading concerning dinettes and tables, we're going with the U-shaped dinette with no table from Escape. I found a great alternative from another thread about the "Lagun Marine, Boat, RV table mount" I found a seller on ebay from the UK. They cost about $160 US and about $33 shipping. It looks to be a great alternative if you're looking for a smaller, more versatile set up that can even be easily removed.
We still want to be able to make up a bed so we'll just use two plywood "planks" for the base that can be easily stored.
See site below for ordering the mount. There's also a YouTube video where you can see it demonstrated (found on another thread - just search under "LAGUN"
Lagun Marine Boat RV motorhome Swivel Adjustable Height Cockpit Table Pedestal | eBay

Looking forward to next year!
John and Joy/Littleton
Old 09-19-2016, 03:01 AM   #9

Trailer: 2004 Escape 17b
It seems like there are lots of folks from Colorado in the Escape world. I spent half my childhood in Littleton and live in the Vancouver area. We just joined the cult with the purchase of a 17B used! I would highly recommend visiting the ETI factory. The folks who run it are very accommodating and the product is first class. There is also lots to see in the area so spend a few days in Vancouver and on the Island. You'll definitely return with your Escape. Congratulations.
Seymourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymourcat View Post
It seems like there are lots of folks from Colorado in the Escape world. I spent half my childhood in Littleton and live in the Vancouver area. We just joined the cult with the purchase of a 17B used! I would highly recommend visiting the ETI factory. The folks who run it are very accommodating and the product is first class. There is also lots to see in the area so spend a few days in Vancouver and on the Island. You'll definitely return with your Escape. Congratulations.
Congrats and welcome. You have to have one of the first Escapes built. We had a 2005 17b that was #32. Do you know what # build yours is?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:45 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We had a 2005 17b that was #32. Do you know what # build yours is?
That would be the last three digits of the VIN, in case anyone doesn't know that.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatLongJohn View Post
Hi Steve - maybe we all should caravan back to Colorado in August next year! After all we've been reading concerning dinettes and tables, we're going with the U-shaped dinette with no table from Escape. I found a great alternative from another thread about the "Lagun Marine, Boat, RV table mount" I found a seller on ebay from the UK. They cost about $160 US and about $33 shipping. It looks to be a great alternative if you're looking for a smaller, more versatile set up that can even be easily removed.
We still want to be able to make up a bed so we'll just use two plywood "planks" for the base that can be easily stored.
See site below for ordering the mount. There's also a YouTube video where you can see it demonstrated (found on another thread - just search under "LAGUN"
Lagun Marine Boat RV motorhome Swivel Adjustable Height Cockpit Table Pedestal | eBay

Looking forward to next year!
John and Joy/Littleton
Wow! For some reason I missed your post from last month. Just saw it and I am also interested in this pedestal mount. I also like the teak tables with the compass rose pattern. Thanks for the link.

I'm thinking about spending a month or more in the PNW after I pick up the trailer from Excape. My wife will still be working so she'll fly out for a week or so, camp and then fly back and I'll do all the driving.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
Wow! For some reason I missed your post from last month. Just saw it and I am also interested in this pedestal mount. I also like the teak tables with the compass rose pattern. Thanks for the link.

I'm thinking about spending a month or more in the PNW after I pick up the trailer from Excape. My wife will still be working so she'll fly out for a week or so, camp and then fly back and I'll do all the driving.
No problem! I think eliminating the double pedestal table setup would make the area feel a lot larger and be more functional in the evening or when forced indoors for a while. The marine type table seems to be a great alternative for sure.
Sounds like we need to study up on all there is to see and do up there and spend extra time also. Let us know if you have any other ideas that you're entertaining on your build sheet.
Regards,
John
Old 09-20-2016, 07:12 PM   #14

http://noriahome.com

I don't want a roof mounted A/C but I am following this product. It will be summer 2018 before I might want an A/C and if successful this might come out in the spring of 2017. No idea on cost.
I have central heat and A/C at home but the master bedroom could use some A/C help sometimes without freezing the rest of the house. This would have a dual use for me.

Seems like that Lagun pedestal could be mounted anywhere within the U shape and still provide a convenient table wherever one sits.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:00 PM   #15

Slight change in plans - now a new to us 2015 5.0 TA

We were in Chilliwack on Friday and Saturday last week to get started on our build sheet for the 2017 5.0 TA. As part of that process, we were all over the 2015 display model since the new molds are not out yet. After returning to Seattle for the rest of our getaway, I saw the for sale post and fired off voice and emails. We drove back up this morning and are now close to being new owners of this unit.
This trailer checked most of our boxes and we are adding a few options to check a few more. We're comfortable with the Classic model as our first Escape, and the savings at the current exchange rate was just too much to ignore. I want to do a few mods including a U shaped dinette, so get ready for some questions😀
We are so excited!
Chuck
Old 10-31-2016, 05:02 PM   #16

WOW!! Congratulations on getting it. Perfect timing.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:41 PM   #17

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Sometimes things just have their way of developing. Very nice you were and stayed in the neighbourhood for this particular time. Congratulations!!! You will love it!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:23 PM   #18

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Lucky for you! You have yourself a great deal and nearly a year early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
We were in Chilliwack on Friday and Saturday last week to get started on our build sheet for the 2017 5.0 TA. As part of that process, we were all over the 2015 display model since the new molds are not out yet. After returning to Seattle for the rest of our getaway, I saw the for sale post and fired off voice and emails. We drove back up this morning and are now close to being new owners of this unit.
This trailer checked most of our boxes and we are adding a few options to check a few more. We're comfortable with the Classic model as our first Escape, and the savings at the current exchange rate was just too much to ignore. I want to do a few mods including a U shaped dinette, so get ready for some questions😀
We are so excited!
Chuck
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:04 AM   #19

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Chuck,
Congratulations, and I think you made a great decision! You're going to love your 2015!

By the way, Debbie and I just drove through Denver last week on our return visit from New Hampshire to Ca. That Interstate 70 through the mountains is a beautiful drive. Some tall summits (11,200+) and some some long downhills. We stayed in a very nice park near Breckinridge/Frisco at almost 9000ft., a place called Tiger Run. We enjoyed 80* weather, a pork tenderloin on the grill, and a few Kansas City Boulevard Brewing Co. Unfiltered Wheats on your doorstep!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:22 AM   #20

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Awesome timing, congratulations Chuck!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote