5.0TA Delivery Question - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2016, 08:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 5.0TA
5.0TA Delivery Question

Hello Escape Forum Folks - We are Greg and Beth and first want to thank you all for your posts on this forum. We ordered our 5.0TA last August after many months of thoroughly scouring this forum for answers to our questions or things to consider. Couldn't have done it without you! Now, our trailer will begin building next month and it's time to start considering how we will get it delivered. We've already determined that we'll fly out to Escape in late August to visit the facility, see our trailer being built and have an orientation. Then when the trailer is completed we've decided to have it delivered and herein lies the question. Do any of you have pictures of the rig that the trailer will arrive on? If so, we'd be ever so grateful if you could post them.

We also want to thank those of you that post to the It's Friday thread with pictures of your new builds. Can't wait to add ours to it!
gbjepson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Escape's usual delivery service uses a flatbed truck (which carries one Escape) towing a flatbed trailer (with up to two more Escapes). Fifth-wheel trailers are carried on the same rig as the other models.

From a For Sale posting:

I assume that the channel down the middle of the truck's deck is for whatever gear is used to support the tongue and winch the trailer on and off.

This photo includes a 5.0TA, but was not the usual truck and trailer used (from Bob in another thread):

I'm sure there are other photos out there.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:40 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Dave, the Escape delivery person is a really nice man, he has delivered 2 Escapes to me here in Pennsylvania and will probably bring my third one. He has a long bed truck and pulls a long trailer, depending on the load. You will get his cell# number and he will update you as he starts his trek across country.
How are you going to set up your hitch without going to the factory, this issue made me decide to change my next Escape from a 5th wheel back to a bumper pull. I know I'll be able to set up the correct height from my past pull behind trailers.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
That's the truck that brought my 19 to California. As Jim said, driver is really nice and very capable. Mine came down alone, no trailer towed behind it. Getting the Escape off the truck is pretty simple, a winch arrangement down some pretty long ramps. The trailer's running, signal and brake lights are plugged into the truck during transport.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:19 PM   #5

Jim, I guess we will be doing it long distance. Not able to make the 2400+ mile (one-way) for the fit-up. We have provided ETI with Make, Model, and dimensions for our truck. Will provide follow-up pics and dimensions one hitch install is complete.
We will be puling with a 2014 Nissan Frontier, 2WD. Having seen that others also are pulling with Frontiers believe that the fit provided by ETI will be close. Being capable in this regard, I should be able to make any additional adjustments after arrival.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Greg
Old 05-10-2016, 02:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjepson View Post
Jim, I guess we will be doing it long distance. Not able to make the 2400+ mile (one-way) for the fit-up. We have provided ETI with Make, Model, and dimensions for our truck. Will provide follow-up pics and dimensions one hitch install is complete.
We will be puling with a 2014 Nissan Frontier, 2WD. Having seen that others also are pulling with Frontiers believe that the fit provided by ETI will be close. Being capable in this regard, I should be able to make any additional adjustments after arrival.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Greg
Hi: gbjepson... Reace and Tammy used to tow with a Frontier as well. They had a 4X4 Crew Cab long bed version too. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Dave, the Escape delivery person is a really nice man, he has delivered 2 Escapes to me here in Pennsylvania and will probably bring my third one. He has a long bed truck and pulls a long trailer, depending on the load. You will get his cell# number and he will update you as he starts his trek across country.
How are you going to set up your hitch without going to the factory, this issue made me decide to change my next Escape from a 5th wheel back to a bumper pull. I know I'll be able to set up the correct height from my past pull behind trailers.
Hi: cpaharley2008... When we got to ETI our hitch was set up for the 5.0 we delivered to new owners. Upon hooking up Tammy's dad determined that the hitch was 1/2" to high so he moved the hitch plate down one set of bolt holes. Here's a pic of the results. Alf
Attached Thumbnails
P1030713.jpg  
Old 05-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
... Reace and Tammy used to tow with a Frontier as well. They had a 4X4 Crew Cab long bed version too.
Although Escape has set up Frontiers to tow the 5.0TA (including Alf's), I'm pretty sure Reace and Tammy's own Frontier only towed the original 5.0... the details are different.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Although Escape has set up Frontiers to tow the 5.0TA (including Alf's), I'm pretty sure Reace and Tammy's own Frontier only towed the original 5.0... the details are different.
Yeppers. Reace posted pics of his Ford F-150 short bed with the new 5.0tTA here: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...html#post48917

And I've seen his new Ford F-150 (Texas Edition ) at last years ETI Rally at Osoyoss.

The first hatching happens in post #2: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...html#post48917
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Hi: Brian B-P... Yes Reace towed only 5.0's but we towed both our 5.0 and the new 5.0TA with the same set up...and a minor adjustment to our hitch. The suspension of the trailer was set as low as Reace could do it too. With the 5.0TA we actually have more space between the cab and trailer front. Alf
Old 05-11-2016, 12:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
... we towed both our 5.0 and the new 5.0TA with the same set up...and a minor adjustment to our hitch.
With the 5.0TA we actually have more space between the cab and trailer front.
Yes, the 5.0TA pin box is mounted so the pin is further ahead of the front of the trailer body than with the 5.0 - this was done to partially make up for the reduced turning angle allowed by the wider 5.0TA trailer body.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:05 PM   #12

Trailer Delivery

Good Evening Forum Folks - Our trailer arrived today and we wanted to rave a bit on the new drive away service Escape is using. Our driver was Torrey and he was awesome! For those interested I've included a picture. Torrey has quite the trip with this delivery because he was headed on to FL to deliver after ours. He was so very helpful in getting the trailer unloaded and showed such care and interest in our trailer. We're not sure who was more excited, Torrey or us!
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Delivering.jpg  
Old 09-28-2016, 08:30 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Congratulations GB! Wait no longer!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk