5.0TA on order - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2017, 12:23 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0TA on order
5.0TA on order

HI all,

Retirement is here and time for fun.

We have been researching the Escape 5.0 for several months and reading posts on this forum. We have been impressed by what we have read. In September Donna D. was kind enough to give us a great tour of her 5.0TA. It was what we were looking for.

In mid October we saw an opening in the ETI schedule for March 15th and laid down the deposit. Now we are in hurry up mode to nail down the build sheet. It's a little overwhelming with a very short time frame. So any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Still we are very excited to start this adventure and get on the road next spring.

Mike and Mary
Cloudmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Great you will love it ! I picked mine up a few weeks ago just had my 87 year old step father do my first mod a lovely wine rack I will post some photos soon - he misses his sail boat so I will keep him busy !
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:30 AM   #3

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Wonderful!!! You could not have picked a better production slot. Nice early spring.
Best wishes for you two!!! Filling out the build sheet is just the beginning of all the fun.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:13 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Congratulations Mike and Mary!

It's a big and exciting step putting down that initial deposit. I picked up my 5.0 TA on Oct. 4th and have really been enjoying it these past 4 weeks. Still learning all about the various systems and reading the numerous manuals. In addition to getting answers here on this forum I have found ETI to be pretty responsive when I've emailed them any questions or concerns. So far everything is working just fine on my trailer.

If you happen to come down into Northern California I'll be happy to show you my Escape although you already have a good idea of the high quality from seeing Donna's 5th wheel. I've also enjoyed going to Chilliwack to visit ETI's show room.

Welcome to the forum!

Art
Arthur John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:07 AM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Congratulations Mike and Mary! Good decision. If you need another viewing of Ten Forward to get measurements, etc. just let me know. Always glad to help.

Fun times ahead!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Congratulations on your retirement and your soon coming trailer.

We just picked up our 5.0TA at the beginning of October and love it.

We got many options, including all of the solar/electrical, all of the insulation, lots of extra outlets, all the optional plumbing valves, the oven and the u-shaped dinette with a smaller table. We like them all.

The only option we got that I am not still sold on is the King antenna. It works great, but increases the maximum height, and so far we haven't found anything on the air that we want to watch. TV-ready with the campground cable hookup would have been a better choice for us.

You will find a lot more good advice in other threads on this forum.
gmchamplin is offline   Reply With Quote