A fairy tale - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
A fairy tale

Once upon a time Goldilocks said to her old bear, our 17 foot traveling den is feeling a little cramped. I wish I could store more honey jars and baby bear’s cubs want to come camping with us. They looked at a 19 foot - too small said Goldilocks. Goldilocks and Old Bear looked at the ‘Sasquatch’. Too big and heavy said Old Bear. Then a young bear came from the Northwoods to the annual summer gathering of traveling dens. He brought his family and his shiny new den that he called the Escape 21. Old Bear’s eyes shone and Goldilocks’ eyes twinkled. This will hold lots of honey jars and even a few cubs that might want to come along. This one is just right!

Fast forward to present: Hello folks, thought we should introduce ourselves –Dave & Kathie (aka the Old Bear and Goldilocks) from Portland, OR. Some of you may know us from the NOG’s and Oregon gatherings. After seeing Reace and Tammy’s beautiful 21 foot, much to our surprise, we sold our well loved Casita and put down a deposit on the 21! We are headed up to the factory this week to finalize our build options. We are looking forward to joining the Escape community and lot’s of new adventures ahead.

Dave & Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I was wondering when you folks would show up on this forum. You'll recognize some of us from elsewhere! Cool beans.. a 21' Escape is going to be in my neighborhood!!!!!!

And you need to be know as DaveNKathie... so everyone makes the connection across the forums...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I was wondering when you folks would show up on this forum. You'll recognize some of us from elsewhere! Cool beans.. a 21' Escape is going to be in my neighborhood!!!!!!

And you need to be know as DaveNKathie... so everyone makes the connection across the forums...
Yes mam! I guess that rules out calling you 'big mamma bear' in future stories ?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
hahhahhah I'm LUSTING on the new 5.0 Reace posted.... OM Stars.....

Just so everyone knows.. DaveNKathies was one of the beautifully appointed Casitas I've ever seen. If I was looking to purchase a Casita.... I'd want one EXACTLY like theirs....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
hahhahhah I'm LUSTING on the new 5.0 Reace posted.... OM Stars.....

Just so everyone knows.. DaveNKathies was one of the beautifully appointed Casitas I've ever seen. If I was looking to purchase a Casita.... I'd want one EXACTLY like theirs....
Thanks Donna! A real compliment coming from you. We did love that little cutie. Hope we don't miss the captains chairs too much but that big rear dinette is calling our name (among many other wonderful features) and I know the new 5.0 is calling yours!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome DaveNKathie to our little Escape island,
When is your 21' supposed to hatch and what options are you considering. There are at least 2 of us waiting for ours and exchanging option ideas. Here is one thread http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...html#post31697
here is another http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...jack-2536.html
Old 09-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #7

Hi Jim,

Nice to meet you. Our 21 will be hatched November 7th. We have been following the threads but they seem to create even more questions. We are not used to this level of customization. It's really nice. I guess we should post our thoughts on one of those threads.

Thanks!
Kathie
Old 09-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Kathie,
having 6 trailers in past 5 years has given me a different perspective on customization. I was going to order a $65k airstream and wanted to change the a/c and add some outlets, NO CAN DO. I did not buy something that someone else designed. With the Escape, you decide where you would want 120v outlets and 12v outlets. Having these other trailers made me realize that most trailer manufacturers never use their units. Otherwise they would realize that an outlet in the ceiling is worthless. Escape's owners use and listen to the other owners, they make improvements based upon our feedback. So get ready to design your ideal travel travel, made the way you would build it yourself. My unit is #12, December 1, 2013. I had an Escape 19 bought last year which I sold in anticipation of my new 21' Escape, I have always wanted the rear dinette as your best views are normally out the back.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
A fairy tale too!!!

Hi: Dave&Kathie... I have to go get a crown done at the Dentist. Do you think that will count towards the "Tooth Fairy" bringing me a new 5.0?
Seems our "Fairy God Mother and Father" are going to be busy as bees at Escape!!!
WELCOME!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote