Another 19 in BC - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-09-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Powell River, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 19- May 2015 /2013 Pathfinder
Posts: 12
Another 19 in BC

Hi escapees,
A year after discovering escapes, we have one on order. Came close to buying some questionable used trailers, and we were almost sold on a new stick built that would have been too heavy for our Nissan Pathfinder.
I'm a cautious/skeptical buyer but dealing with Tammy and everyone at ETI has been amazing. I first thought that the escape fans on the forum had drank too much of of the escape "Kool aid" but It has been a great experience.
If you are sitting on the fence I would recommend getting on the order list as I can't see it getting any shorter. Half the fun is building the trailer that suits your needs anyway.

We are new to trailering but if anyone wants local information about the upper Sunshine Coast / Powell River feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Jake
__________________

Texadabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:54 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 4,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texadabc View Post
Hi escapees,
I first thought that the escape fans on the forum had drank too much
Sincerely,
Jake
Quite possibility true

Welcome to the forum and before you finalize your build, if you're "in town" you're welcome to come by at look at specifics on my 19.

Ron
__________________

Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Terrace, British Columbia
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Posts: 349
Hope you plan to budget a lot of cash for the ferries . We were going to take our 19 over to Sechelt last summer but when we found out what it would cost, we left it in Squamish and just drove over.

Congrats on ordering a 19. You will be pleased.

Doug
__________________
We're still have'n fun...
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,479
Congrats on your order.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Bobbito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Posts: 642
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texadabc View Post
Hi escapees,
A year after discovering escapes, we have one on order. Came close to buying some questionable used trailers, and we were almost sold on a new stick built that would have been too heavy for our Nissan Pathfinder.
I'm a cautious/skeptical buyer but dealing with Tammy and everyone at ETI has been amazing. I first thought that the escape fans on the forum had drank too much of of the escape "Kool aid" but It has been a great experience.
If you are sitting on the fence I would recommend getting on the order list as I can't see it getting any shorter. Half the fun is building the trailer that suits your needs anyway.

We are new to trailering but if anyone wants local information about the upper Sunshine Coast / Powell River feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Jake
We are waiting for an Escape 21 and were wondering where the apparent fanaticism of this forum stemmed from. After getting a tour of the factory from Tammy and then speaking with Reace, we understood and are now total converts to the Escape experience.

BTW. we have dragged our stick trailer over to the Sunshine Coast to enjoy the lovely camping at Porpoise Bay and explored the peninsula. Lucky you! I know from my sister living there that the pace of life is slo-mo and I'm sure life expectancy increases along with it.


Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Posts: 1,102
From what I read here, Reace and Tammy are pulling in the orders. And they looked like they were getting pinched for room last fall. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:58 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Powell River, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 19- May 2015 /2013 Pathfinder
Posts: 12
Thanks for the offer Ron, we toured the factory and checked out the 19 pretty good, I've been a little obsessed.
Probably going to get the extra insulation.... Do you have extra insulation for the west coast? I can't see us camping below freezing but I'm thinking about condensation.

Yes Doug, the ferry fares are a pain. I read a real estate article recently that gave me some comfort. For the price of an average Vancouver home I can get a Powell River home and afford to ride the ferry every day for 40 years.
Texadabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:02 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,773
Or you can move to Lytton and take the ferry for free.

Inland Ferry Schedules
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 10.02.57 PM.png (124.7 KB, 24 views)
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:31 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Powell River, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 19- May 2015 /2013 Pathfinder
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
From what I read here, Reace and Tammy are pulling in the orders. And they looked like they were getting pinched for room last fall. Loren
Three orders on this thread. I don't mind the wait, there's lots of planing to do.

Thanks for the congrats everyone and congrats to you too.
Texadabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 4,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texadabc View Post
Do you have extra insulation for the west coast? I can't see us camping below freezing but I'm thinking about condensation.
Absolutely get the extra insulation option. The front window isn't double pane because of the cover. The difference in condensation levels is very noticeable.

The only two options that I would strongly recommend are the kitchen and bathroom windows, with the bathroom one at least, opening. Opinions seem to vary on the usefulness of the opening bathroom window but we use it a lot and are glad we got it.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:08 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Powell River, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 19- May 2015 /2013 Pathfinder
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Absolutely get the extra insulation option. The front window isn't double pane because of the cover. The difference in condensation levels is very noticeable.

The only two options that I would strongly recommend are the kitchen and bathroom windows, with the bathroom one at least, opening. Opinions seem to vary on the usefulness of the opening bathroom window but we use it a lot and are glad we got it.

Ron
I guess I'm going to have to work nights too. The bathroom window was not on the list.
It's had to stay on budget. There are things I can add later but most feature are better installed in the build stage.
Texadabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:11 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Powell River, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 19- May 2015 /2013 Pathfinder
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Or you can move to Lytton and take the ferry for free.

Inland Ferry Schedules
Not fair
I don't know anything about that ferry but I don't think I would take my new escape on it. Looks like two dragon boats lashed together.
Texadabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:26 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,773
My first job at age 18 ( or maybe 17 ) was construction labor.
We had to dig up a septic tank at an apartment building in Powell River.
That's when I figured out that being a photographer was easier.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
LarryandLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maple Ridge, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Posts: 624
Escape staff told us that another benefit of the insulation package was that it helped to muffle outside campground noise. We went for the insulation package.

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,774
Our favorite options -opening windows kitchen and especially bath . Also front storage box, reinforced walls ,stainless sink , fancy wheels , extra insulation and of course AC for summer . .
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Terrace, British Columbia
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texadabc View Post
Yes Doug, the ferry fares are a pain. I read a real estate article recently that gave me some comfort. For the price of an average Vancouver home I can get a Powell River home and afford to ride the ferry every day for 40 years.
Well, when you put it that way........

Doug
__________________
We're still have'n fun...
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #17
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,626
Another opening bath window fan here - we hang really wet drippy coats in there and the water vapor needs somewhere to go as they dry.
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Ian G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Posts: 446
Congratulations Jake, I am sure you will love your Escape.
Our 19' was just completed and waiting for us to pick it up in the spring. I have the build of our Escape posted on my website.
2014 Escape 19' Build
__________________
Ian & Joan
2014 Escape 19' & 1974 Custom Boler "Buttercup"
Escape Key Chains at our Camping Treasures web store || www.Proud-Canadian.com blog
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:37 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Powell River, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 19- May 2015 /2013 Pathfinder
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Our favorite options -opening windows kitchen and especially bath . Also front storage box, reinforced walls ,stainless sink , fancy wheels , extra insulation and of course AC for summer . .
The bathroom window seems like a good idea. I've got a budget, and plan to add things like the storage box over the years to keep the initial cost down.

Are there any features that anyone got that they tend not to use?

I'm planing on getting the outside shower but I've seen posts that it's not used often. Seems like a good idea for washing dishes outside, washing kids hands,....
Texadabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #20
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texadabc View Post
The bathroom window seems like a good idea. I've got a budget, and plan to add things like the storage box over the years to keep the initial cost down.

Are there any features that anyone got that they tend not to use?

I'm planing on getting the outside shower but I've seen posts that it's not used often. Seems like a good idea for washing dishes outside, washing kids hands,....
Never used my outside shower - most places it would just result in a mudhole after a few uses.
__________________

__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×