Another Escape 21 for Oregon! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Another Escape 21 for Oregon!

Hi All,

Six months after I saw my first Escape, five months after going to visit the Fiberglass Trailer Rally at Bullards Beach State Park and touring ever model of Escape that is made we have finally placed an order for OUR ESCAPE!

We wanted to downsize from the 38 foot 5th wheel we had to something smaller that would get us into more places and to get back to "camping" like we did we with our first trailer.

We first toured an Escape 17 but, we knew right away that it was too small for the three of us (Golden Retrievers take up a lot of room).

Next we toured several Escape 19s. I thought this could really work for us. However, several people told us "you have to go and see Dave and Cathy's Escape 21". It was love at first sight.

We toured other Escape 21s and then had nice visit with Tammy. Walking away from our talk with Tammy my wife says "I have the checkbook with me. Why don't we give Tammy a check for the deposit now?"

However, I am going "No, we need to shop around and see what else is available". You would think after being married all of these years I would know, she is always right. All of you know there really isn't anything like an Escape.

So, for the last five months I have worked on build sheets for an Escape 19 and an Escape 21. Wasted time looking at other brands of trailers. Dealing with health issues of aging parents.

This past week we finally put down a deposit on the Escape 21 that my wife wanted to do five months ago!

I do want to thank all of you that have so patiently answered my many private messages.

Grant
Grant & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
hahahaha Grant it's addicting! Wasn't the Oregon Gathering fun?! OMG, Ten Forward was seven days old at the gathering and I had folks "around the block" wanting to visit.

Sounds like you made the best decision for you. Dave & Kathie are still giving tours if you care to take another visit of a 21' before your build sheet is due!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Congratulations on a purchase that you will never regret. Wish I could say that about everything I buy!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Hey Grant- looks like you couldn't get that hook out! Women are smarter too, and/or at least more organized, which is important when you're downsizing as you are. Congrats!!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:52 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
The way the orders are pouring in for Reace and Tammy, they are going to be kept busy for some time to come. And yes, it was my wife Cathy who when she saw the 21 after the 19 said pretty much which one it was going to be. Since the tow wasn't a factor, that was pretty much it. And the best thing we did was to go up to the plant to compare all sizes. Just 4,300 miles round trip. Then you know you're getting the one that is going to work for you. Have fun with the build sheet. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:20 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWebb View Post
So, for the last five months I have worked on build sheets for an Escape 19 and an Escape 21. Wasted time looking at other brands of trailers. Dealing with health issues of aging parents.
And in that five months the Canadian dollar has fallen against the U.S. dollar.
Today it was below 86 cents. You've saved a bundle, at least as of today.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #7

Donna,

You wrote:"Ten Forward was seven days old at the gathering and I had folks "around the block" wanting to visit."

And you were a happy, smiling mother showing off your new bundle of joy. :-)

Grant
Old 01-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Grant,
Congratulations! It was lovely meeting you and your wife at Bandon. We love our 21 and I guess it shows. Donna is right, the door is always open. We have had several folks come by many more times after they placed their order so they could get a handle on their build sheet including bringing fabric and formica samples. Good luck, it's all good!
Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #9

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Oh, this story is so familiar! We are not RVers (yet), recently partially retired, and have been "contemplating" the issue of buying an RV for a couple years. I certainly have done my research (academic type personality!) including visiting multiple sales lots, roaming RV parks and going to RV shows. The week after Christmas my wife Holly and I drove four hours from Bandera, Texas to Brazos Bend State Park to see several Escapes. Rob and Robbie showed us their 21 and Jackie showed us his 5.0. One hour later on the trip back home we called the Toyota dealership and committed to a new Tundra. Five minutes later we called Chilliwack to deposit money and order a 5.0TA. We leave on Wednesday to travel to Chilliwack for a tour of the factory and to pick out our options.
Now the question becomes: What options? Solar? More plugs? Batteries? etc. My learning curve on this new lifestyle is going to be huge. So far, thank you all for posting on the Forum as the information has helped out tremendously.

Mac Man
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:35 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Oh, this story is so familiar! We are not RVers (yet), recently partially retired, and have been "contemplating" the issue of buying an RV for a couple years. I certainly have done my research (academic type personality!) including visiting multiple sales lots, roaming RV parks and going to RV shows. The week after Christmas my wife Holly and I drove four hours from Bandera, Texas to Brazos Bend State Park to see several Escapes. Rob and Robbie showed us their 21 and Jackie showed us his 5.0. One hour later on the trip back home we called the Toyota dealership and committed to a new Tundra. Five minutes later we called Chilliwack to deposit money and order a 5.0TA. We leave on Wednesday to travel to Chilliwack for a tour of the factory and to pick out our options.
Now the question becomes: What options? Solar? More plugs? Batteries? etc. My learning curve on this new lifestyle is going to be huge. So far, thank you all for posting on the Forum as the information has helped out tremendously.

Mac Man
Another Texas Escape! Mac Man, welcome. I can only say what others told me when we first came on the forum -- you've come to the right place. What you'll find is that the options you choose should be based on how YOU use the trailer. What's great for some may not be great for you. For South Texas obviously AC is a given, but the rest is up for grabs.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #11

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Hi Macman, Here's a good thread on unlisted options.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...list-4384.html
Old 01-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #12

Great source. Thanks.
1. Do you take your hitch out of the truck when not pulling?
2. Can you put a cover on the truck with the hitch in it?

Mac Man
Old 01-05-2015, 11:56 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Great source. Thanks.
1. Do you take your hitch out of the truck when not pulling?
2. Can you put a cover on the truck with the hitch in it?

Mac Man
Hi: MacMan... #1... No, but you can. #2 Yes. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1020903.jpg   P1020904.jpg   P1020908.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #14

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I take out the hitch if I'm home for extended periods, like winter, or when I need the bed for some other reason. It weighs about 100 lbs, it's not something I want to do very often.

I bought an Extang Trifecta Tonneau cover, works great. Easy off, easy on, folds far enough to leave in place while towing. It does block any view of the hitch you's have from the drivers seat. Closed, it keeps everything out of sight after we unhitch. note: I have an 8' bed.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:

Mac Man

Mac Man, here are two more "gooders" for ya. Mac meaning Apple computers?

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ions-1752.html
(a golden oldie mega thread)

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...-mod-3477.html
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
Grant,
Congratulations! It was lovely meeting you and your wife at Bandon. We love our 21 and I guess it shows. Donna is right, the door is always open. We have had several folks come by many more times after they placed their order so they could get a handle on their build sheet including bringing fabric and formica samples. Good luck, it's all good!
Kathie
Thank you Kathie and Dave!

I will PM you to set up a good day to visit.

Grant & Kathy
Old 01-06-2015, 09:03 AM   #17

Alf, one last (?) question: what type of cover do you have on the bed of your truck? Thanks.
Mac Man
Old 01-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #18

Quote:
Alf, one last (?) question: what type of cover do you have on the bed of your truck? Thanks.
Mac Man
Hi: MacMan... We were lucky enough to get a Nissan branded cover as part of the truck package. It's a tri fold vinyl cover quite like the "Trifecta" Extang Tonneaus - America's Best Selling Truck Tonneau Covers style. Probably made by them, and it folds forward enough to clear the hitch for towing. Alf
Old 01-06-2015, 10:04 AM   #19

Thanks for your help. Off to Chilliwack on Thursday to "make choices"!
Tom
Old 01-06-2015, 10:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Thanks for your help. Off to Chilliwack on Thursday to "make choices"!
Tom
Hi: MacMan... You've already made the best trailer choice. The rest is icing on the cake!!! Glad to have been a help. Alf