Another newbie - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2015, 04:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B, 2011 Ranger FX4
Another newbie

Time to stop lurking & introduce ourselves -- or myself, anyway, my wife doesn't "do" forums! And I'm new to it, so as I learn about Escape-RV'ing (well, pretty much all "RV"-ing!) I'll also learn about forum participation.

I'm Lotar, she's Wendy.

We've just upgraded to a new-to-us used 2012 17B, after over a decade & many thousands of miles with a 1976 Boler 13 (and more decades with its predecessors).

We've averaged a longish trip (3 - 6 weeks) about every two years for the last decade (with the Boler, or sometimes flying to Vegas & camping in a rented camper van or even car/tent camping, especially since we discovered the SouthWest). Plus many many shorter & weekend trips.

But we're at the point where we really wanted a little more room than the Boler and, especially, a BATHROOM!

Our next big trip will be this fall, Yellowstone & more Utah.

We started looking for a good used compact lightweight RV for this trip, and got more and more discouraged at everything we looked at -- until we found out about Escape. While we had "resigned" ourselves to doing this year's trip in the Boler again while we either waited for a used one or decided whether to put in a new order, along came this one -- honest, it just followed us home a few weekends ago!

I'll be posting a few more comments and questions in other threads over the next few days.

Meanwhile, we're happy to be part of the Escape "family". In just the last few weeks, I've learned a lot from many of the other folks here (thanks!), and had some enjoyment along the way.
maurerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Welcome to the Escape family! You should try to make it to the Owner's rally in Osoyoos next week. Every Escape model will be represented, and you'll be able to meet alot of great people.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 17B
Welcome to the forum, you will find it a great source of very useful information. I sent you a private message also.
2019 KC the Beagle
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Lotar, welcome to the forum. Yes, you should slip over to the rally in Osoyoos next weekend and see the whole works. Also, it sounds like you are a very seasoned camper where the only experience I have had was about a month back in 1983 with two small motor homes. Yet most of everything I have learned on trailer camping has come from this forum. Enjoy. We were in Chilliwack last Sept. and coming to Osoyoos from the west, it was very easy to see why ETI holds their rally there. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #5

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B, 2011 Ranger FX4
Gotta miss Osoyoos

Regretfully, we have other commitments, and must miss Osoyoos. Maybe another year.

Our Escape (still have to discover it's new name!) is going to the factory this week though to add a kitchen window (can't have too much light in an RV) and retrofit the LED lights.

Lotar

(Where do I look to see how to add a "tagline" to my posts, short of retyping it every post?)
maurerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Go to User CP ( top left of page ).
Then go to Edit Signature.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2015, 05:01 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17b 2015
Hi Lotar and Wendy! Welcome. We are new just like you, but our 17b is not built yet. Maybe we will bump into one another sometime - camping on the island. The sweet little 17s are quite easy to spot. Ours will have light green decals outside.
Hey I guess we are neighbours- we are in Comox, hoping for rain today or tomorrow-you too?
woollymammoth2 is offline   Reply With Quote