Another newbie to the site - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2011 - 20' Coachman Apex
Another newbie to the site

Been lurking around the site for a few months getting lots of good info on the Escape. Went to the Calgary RV show a week ago to see what new in the smaller trailers - looking to replace my 73 - 13' Trillium with something a little bigger - not much there in these sizes that took our interest. So back to looking at the 19' Escape. The Escape factory put us in touch with Jim Bennett and his wife in Calgary and he gave a great tour of his 19' Escape - a great ambassador for the Escpae products/factory.

A couple of questions:

- Plan on pulling the trailer with a Ford Turbo Flex (355 hp, 350 Lbs torque) - pulls my Trillium as if it wasn't there. Has any one pulled the 19' Escape with a similar sized/type vehicle.
- What would the market price be for a 73 - 13' Trillium in good condition, but well used.

Lots of good info on this site, hope to make a trip to the coast in the next month or so and visit the factory in Chilliwack (probably be right in the middle of their move).

TurboFlex

TurboFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Re: Another newbie to the site

Welcome to the site. Hope to see you join the ranks of Escape 19 owners. We are a bit of a cult, you know? Plus, we have been brainwashed and love everything about Escape trailers.

My response to your questions is going to concentrate on selling your Trillium. They are in demand and can bring a good dollar, depending on condition. If you have not done so, you might consider joining a similar site devoted to all fiberglass trailers. They have a posting area to list your unit for sale, but more useful is the ability to go back to prior listings and see what the asking price of different models has been. Granted, you do not see the sale price but I would guess most sales are pretty close to the asking price.

The link is www.fiberglassrv.com
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Re: Another newbie to the site

Hi: Turbo Flex... Back in the 80's I was involved in the Auto Ind. Chryco. started building turbo 4cyl's to counter the 4 banger syndrome!!! The major thing they wouldn't recommend was pulling a trailer, as the added weight and drag meant that the turbo waste gate would remain open for long periods of time and cause mega heat fatigue. Things might be completely different with todays turbos so I'd recommend visiting your owners manual and read all about it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote