Another S.O.B. converted - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Another S.O.B. converted

Anyone remember last year's (2013) Escape Rally and that lone Casita sitting in a campground full of Escapee's? Well that started something; today we put down our deposit on a 19' Escape.

This will be our third fiberglass trailer, we will be selling our 2008 Casita Freedom Deluxe (probably to my sister-in-law), The Escape will become the big brother of our very tricked out 1974 Boler which we will continue to have fun in. After using the Casita for a full year and really enjoyed it, but we are looking towards future retirement and much longer trips we both feel the floor plan of the 19' Escape is more suited to us.

We are looking forward to working with the Escape team to build our "forever" trailer.

Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Congrats Ian.

Always great to see more Escapes here in Calgary.

Do we at least get to refer to you as an SOB at the rally this year?

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
That is an awesome rebuild and design . Congrats on the 19 , and I do remember your Casita - first interior Casita I had seen .
Old 02-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Congrats Ian.

Always great to see more Escapes here in Calgary.

Do we at least get to refer to you as an SOB at the rally this year?
Thanks Jim

Yes we will still be SOB's for this year but unfortunately I cannot attend this year's event, we have a trip planned to Scotland then stopping in Montreal on the way home to take in the Canadian F1 Grand Prix. the Escape Rally occures while we are away.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
So .... maybe an Alberta rally some day ? How about " Escape Chinook Edition" .... ! ! ??
Old 02-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
That is an awesome rebuild and design . Congrats on the 19 , and I do remember your Casita - first interior Casita I had seen .
Thank you
The Boler has been a passionate redesign and build, we are thrilled with how it is turning out. The exterior is being done this winter, full body work, paint, polishing all the aluminum (windows, belly band, etc)

Quote:
So .... maybe an Alberta rally some day ? How about " Escape Chinook Edition" .... ! ! ??
Great idea, sign me up for the 2015 event
Old 02-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Thanks Jim

Yes we will still be SOB's for this year but unfortunately I cannot attend this year's event, we have a trip planned to Scotland then stopping in Montreal on the way home to take in the Canadian F1 Grand Prix. the Escape Rally occures while we are away.
Too bad, but you will be having good fun anyway. We are hoping to make it to Scotland late summer/early fall.
Quote:
We tossed the idea about on the FGRV forum back a year or so about having a Fiberglass Rally. I know there was a bit of interest (from Ian too), the issue is the planning. I would love to help, but am way too busy with work not to do it all.

If we ever wanted to do an Escape Rally, we could easily fit a bunch of trailers out at our land on the James River NW of Sundre. We have no services (other than an outhouse ), but do have a nice cookhouse to use if the weather is bad.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Ian, the wine rack is absolutely brilliant - I think it would be great if you could work that feature into your Escape. Presumably ETI could leave the appropriate cabinet space somewhere for you to add the rack, or you could supply the rack for ETI to install. I don't know where in an Escape the wine bottle curve would integrate well into the cabinet design as it does with the sink curve in the Boler, but I'm sure you'll think of something.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:03 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Having done a bit of frame fabrication I can appreciate how well you did the new improved frame.

I feel your pain at not having an Escape to attend this years rally. How about you use our brand new 19 in return for the Montreal F1 tickets Haven't been at that race since Schui won there for the last time.

But seriously, I love the table leg mod. As much as I love lots of things about the 19 the one thing that I noticed sitting in demo units is that the table rocks when I sit in my lounging position. That's sitting with my back to the wall and my arm on the table. If there's full glasses already on the table then that can cause spills etc.

So I've been wondering whether I'd fabricate my own leg system or use a more steady commercial system. Your solution looks like the answer. Is your final version one you fabricated or is it commercially available?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Feb02,2007 001_resize.jpg (190.4 KB, 22 views)
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #10

Hi Ron

Looks like you are building a LoCost Super 7, is that what the frame is for?

The final table legs I used were commercially available (although not cheap)

I found them at Factory RV Surplus
Shipping costs up to Canada were crazy expensive because they would only ship UPS and I got hosed with their "brokerage fees" but I just had to have these.
You can see pictures of the commercial legs on my thread in the Fiberglass RV forum It Started as a Kitchen Reno- Project Boler - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV